X Files Reunion to celebrate the new movie?!

bionicruth

i dont think there was a poor season and really liked the characters of Dogget & Reyes when they were introduced.

i was glad Gillian Anderson was still mostly an ever present for the last couple of seasons thou, may not have enjoyed it as much if she wasn't.

best tv show ever imo.

trust no one

As for an X-Files event, I think we're a few years too late for that unfortunately.

*cough* Blakes 7 *cough*

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

As for an X-Files event, I think we're a few years too late for that unfortunately.

*cough* Blakes 7 *cough*

Blakes 7 guests have been attending shows for a long time now, and they've got a proven fanbase in terms of those that are willing to attend events such as these and purchase autographs etc. Plus it's a hell of a lot easier to put together.

X-Files, while one of the most popular and long-running cult shows, hasn't necessarily got that fanbase here - especially after all this time.

Don't get me wrong, people like Duchovny and Anderson etc would be very popular at an event like Collectormania, but I'm unsure of the viability of an X-Files only event in 2007. I've seen a few X-Files related guests appear over the years, and they've not been mega-busy. Plus some recent conventions covering CURRENT shows have struggled to sell tickets, so I would believe it's risky that's all :o

Think you may have mentioned his name but what was the name of the guy who played smoking man? (please correct me if I got his name wrong)

William B Davis - CSM

That's Cigarette smoking man.

Thanks, and thought the name wasn't totally correct, but couldn't think why.

:o

LLAP :borg:

Of course Anderson and Duchovny please - and Mitch Pileggi and William B Davis!

Anyway, I love the X-Files, but David B's right - it definitely peaked at Season 3... although the quality of the show didn't start to really drop off until after the film. Carter made a huge mistake when he took the payoff to continue the show - he should have cut it off once Duchovny left. I've got a lot of time for Robert Patrick, but the X-Files WAS Mulder and Scully - without them (both of them) there was no show. By trying to flog a dead horse Carter has hurt the legacy of his show - it would have better to cut it off in it's prime.

So many great TV shows have had the same fate... it takes courage, but sometimes it's important to draw a line under them and move on. Another great example? The Simpsons have been running on empty for 10 years now.

Oh PLEASE get the x-files people to go!!!!! Particular faves of mine

Mitch Pileggi - Walter Skinner

Nicholas Lea - Alex Krycek

Frohike, Langley and Byers The Lone Gunmen PLEASE!!!!!!

The Cigarette Smoking Man - William B Davis

X - Steven Williams

And if he's free David Duchovny... Fox(y) Mulder :blush:

• Moderators

Being a massive X-Files fan, I too would like to see some of the stars of the show over here so lets keep this thread alive!

I just added my X-Files autographs to my website - didn't realise how many I've accumulated over the years... Always happy to add new ones!

daxgraphs

Wow. As it's a Sunday and I don't have anything else to do, I just looked through all your X-Files ones .. I gotta say I'm really impressed :lol:

I love the show, and looking through those brought back some real memories - including so many of my favourite actors/actresses that I don't even remember being in the show :thumbup:

Did you make your own photos to get signed?

Love the Saw section too - Shawnee is damn hot :D

• 2 weeks later...

I whole heartedly back this.

Growing up watching it when I was not even a teen was great. It fascincated me, and to this day I still find it extremely fascinating. Probably my favourite ever TV Series (followed closely by Buffy) & at 17 I still enjoy watching an episode on a Saturday/Sunday morning. The finale 2 parter was just wow. However as discussed I really didn't like not having Mulder in it, though I disagree that it should have ended - purely for what happened when he came back & the great plotlines.

Please give us some X-Files guests!

Again, I prefer to pretend that the series ended with the film. Go out on a high point. The eventual fate of CSM was appalling - if I were William B Davis I would have refused to do it.

The only good thing about the series finale was the final shot - with Mulder and Scully huddled together, scared, talking about the colonization in 2012. If this new film does decent numbers, I'd like to see that colonization on screen - and I suspect this is Carter's plan, depending on how well the movie does. I fully expect to see a few vague hints about it, and a setup that allows another sequel in 2011.

Again, I prefer to pretend that the series ended with the film. Go out on a high point. The eventual fate of CSM was appalling - if I were William B Davis I would have refused to do it.

The only good thing about the series finale was the final shot - with Mulder and Scully huddled together, scared, talking about the colonization in 2012. If this new film does decent numbers, I'd like to see that colonization on screen - and I suspect this is Carter's plan, depending on how well the movie does. I fully expect to see a few vague hints about it, and a setup that allows another sequel in 2011.

Have to disagree with you there. Thinking of the epiosdes which came soon after the move from Vancouver, if the series had ended there, we wouldn't have had unconventional episodes like Triangle and Dreamland, and excellent episodes like Field Trip and Milagro. We would have missed Krista Allen in First Person Shooter :blush: the humour of Je Houaite and the emotions of All Things and Requiem. Mind you, we still had the awfulness of Hollywood AD, Fight Club and the pointlessness of X-Cops.... so it wasn't all good...

WOW this thread has got loads of support. Surely SM cant ignore it now!!!!!!!

C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fairness I'm sure SM will do their best to get some X-Files related guests for next year - whether or not it's for C13 is another issue - depends on the movies release date I would think. Just as long as it doesn't cause any problems with Jasons efforts to get Indiana Jones related guests!! :D

WOW this thread has got loads of support. Surely SM cant ignore it now!!!!!!!

C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fairness I'm sure SM will do their best to get some X-Files related guests for next year - whether or not it's for C13 is another issue - depends on the movies release date I would think. Just as long as it doesn't cause any problems with Jasons efforts to get Indiana Jones related guests!! :thumbup:

I'm really pleased this thread keeps jogging on!

What ever Jason can do will be appreciated by all and hey, it doesn't hurt for us to ask ... ask very very nicely .... again and again ... heh heh, besides I doubt they will ALL be in the movie. I for one would dead happy with ANYONE from the show, even if their character wasn't revived for the big screen comeback!

But YOWSA ... Indy guests would be awesome too as personally speaking I am kicking myself for not getting Karen Allen when I had the chance!

Long live the X-Files thread! Lol! Great idea though whoever came up with the idea of a reunion, and doesn't Gillian Anderson more or less reside in the UK now? Not sure, but I seem to remember reading that somewhere, and it'd probably mean she'd be more likely to attend.

If SMs could get Duchovny, Lea, Elwes... (in that order) so much the better! :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

they should get gillian anderson, shes in the country at the moment, i met her a few weeks ago at the comedy awards...so she is here...it would be easy to get her. and i believe that david would do it as well, cos they want to up the hype for this new movie..so loads of promotion! a good thing they could do, is have an x-files stand, where u buy something and u get the whole cast to sign it or something...

EDIT: Please don't mention other events on here. Thanks. :YAHOO:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• 2 weeks later...