Lynda Carter

Avengers7

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been no pics or plot details released has there? Lynda will probably cameo but all I know is that hack Joss Whedon is writing with Joel Silver producing and there wre rumours that a Bollywood actress was gonna be WW...I think Ashia Awria (that really famous one) or whatever her name is was approached.

Wheddon was kicked off a long time ago - but I think Joel Silver is still involved. One of the problems is that every action film ever made with a woman in the lead has almost always bombed - and the recent crop of superhero films is no exception. I can't see it going ahead to be honest - not unless the new Justice League film does big numbers, and if so we'll see a spin-off starring whoever plays WW in that film - presumably some 19 year old starlet.

Personally I've always seen WW as needing to be played by an actress in her late 20s at least - but most studios are looking for a franchise now, and they don't want to be faced with an aging star in the lead, or to be held to ransom the way Maguire and Dunst did for Spiderman 3 (which, in my view, was a huge dissapointment anyway). They want young actors signing 10 year 3 picture deals for as little as possible - viz. the new Star Trek film.

15 years ago Monica Belluci would have been perfect for the role - too old for it now though.

As for casting, I would say that the following physical characteristics are absolutely essential, to remain in keeping with the character : -

Must haves

Dark (nearly black) hair

Beautiful

6ft+

Toned, athletic build

Large chesticles (although not so large so that they would interfere with running, gymnastic moves, etc.)

Ageless in appearance (i.e. not young, nor old)

Nice to haves

Broadly Mediterranean in appearance

But you can bet we'll end up with a Lindsey-Lohan-a-like in the role. The problem is that studios nowadays are very aware that films with broad appeal make the most money - i.e. get the kids in. And the kids want to see an 18 year old 90210:The Next Generation reject.

Must haves

Dark (nearly black) hair

Beautiful

6ft+

Toned, athletic build

Large chesticles (although not so large so that they would interfere with running, gymnastic moves, etc.)

Ageless in appearance (i.e. not young, nor old)

That would make a good lonely hearts ad....I'm drooling. Add blue eyes, a posh accent and "groomed". :D

It actually sounds like Megan Fox (Transformers)

Edited by nicky

One of the problems is that every action film ever made with a woman in the lead has almost always bombed - and the recent crop of superhero films is no exception. I can't see it going ahead to be honest - not unless the new Justice League film does big numbers, and if so we'll see a spin-off starring whoever plays WW in that film - presumably some 19 year old starlet.

From aintitcoolnews:

"There have been many names associated with the role of Wonder Woman in George Miller's Justice League flick. One of those names has been chosen and Australian Who Magazine claims they know who it is. They say it's this girl:

GaleWW2.jpg

GaleWW1.jpg

GaleWW3.jpg

That's Megan Gale, an Australian Supermodel... And I'm here to say that I've had multiple independent sources within Warner Bros and unnamed agencies confirm this casting. That is Wonder Woman and I think it's a pretty great choice, aesthetically speaking."

Dudes, my mouth is foaming as I write this. This chick is THE HOT SHlT!!!

Edited by nicky