Travellodges near Gmex

graeme2020uk

Are there any? If so what streets etc as their website doesnt give much info.Or if anyone else has any other recommendations on cheap accomadation near it.

There is a Premier Travel Inn right across the road. stayed there last year and its ok. There is also an Ibis within minutes too but couldnt give you the address.

56 quid is pretty good tbh, but is that 12 minutes from Picadilly towards Gmex, or away from it ? ^_^

All the nearby accommodation is always (imo unfairly) booked by people within days of each previous show, when they are not even sure if they will be attending.

Hotels in centeral Manchester will never be cheap :YAHOO:

Like dufresne said your best bet is when your there, book for Gmex4, you can always cancel the room if you cant afford to go. They dont charge until checkout. there are like 3 treval inn's, an Ibis and another hotel close by so pop in them all for prices :unsure:

Theres the Walkabout hotel thats about a 20 min walk from the gmex and its cheap they do dorm rooms where you can share with other people for £20 per a night and they do double and family rooms but they cost £50 and £60 it as gone up since last year when i went was just £40 for a double room.

heres the link,

http://www.walkabout.eu.com/010/MANC/intro.html#

its best to book online you get the cheaper rate also it can be abit noisey cos the hotel is right beside the walkabout austrailan bar but that didnt bother me still dropped off to sleep lol and theres a small tescos next to it too.

But do have to warn you about the tv's in the rooms they are crap their all snowy did try to get one of the night staff to sort it out but she couldnt get a good picture then after trying for nearly an hour she tells me that their all like that in every room lol but its ok if your only there the one night i surpose.