Latest Guest Announcement Patrick Stewart

showmasters

bring patrick to the gmex in march

Ohh... Wow. Patrick Stewart!! *dances in a deranged fashion!* I hope I can get to C13 for him. I would love to see him at G-Mex obviously but... I hold few hopes for that. does anyone remember what the anme of that series he made not that long ago for Granada? He played a Coroner or something like that???

Eleventh Hour, Professor Hood of the Home Office ;)

You marvellous person!!! It's been doing my head in for a few weeks now cause no one at work could remember the name!! Go you!! Fabulous!! I hope they're going to make another series of that!

IMDB is wonderful thing :firedevil: I did watch it, but couldn't remeber the name. I've a feeling it's a gonner though :thumbup:

Oh no!! And I remember the plot about the heavy oxygen in the water as well!!! If I get to MK maybe I'll have to beg him to do some more.... LOL. I beg very well.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I have met Patrick many times ove the last 4 years by various stage doors and always asked him to sign Star Trek stuff and he was always very accomodating and always signed for me and the other people, our Trek pictures dvd sleeves posters etc in fact he even personalized one photo' though I have heard he can be very rude to people which is a shame!

:blush: I have met Patrick many times ove the last 4 years by various stage doors and always asked him to sign Star Trek stuff and he was always very accomodating and always signed for me and the other people, our Trek pictures dvd sleeves posters etc in fact he even personalized one photo' though I have heard he can be very rude to people which is a shame!

Can someone clear up which theatre production Patrick did I think about 2 years ago? It was about one of the kings. I thought it was the Madness of King George... But A friend of mine thought it was something to do with Richard. I had wanted to go and see it but you know how life is.... (Work won't let you have the time off usually!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I really wanted to meet Patrick Stewart but after reading this thread, I don't know... part of me is hesitant and thinking.. no cos I'd be mortified if he was rude to me... then there's another part of me that says, take someone at face value if you've never met them before.

A friend of mine online told me watch out before I met Marina Sirtis, he said she was rude, snappy, wouldn't pose for photos and wouldn't personalize autographs. So when I went up to her (she was the first celeb I'd met and I was a big fan) I was really very nervous and almost didn't, it was only cos my best friend did it by marching up to her stating 'Hi Marina, this is my friend Matt and he's a big fan!' that I actually did it, I was very starstruck at the time and wary of her, but she turned out to be wonderful, she was very attractive and not only did she sign my Troi figure, she commented on it, saying she hadn't seen one before (one of the new Art Asylum ones) and what a good likeness it was. I asked her quite shyly if I could have a photo with her and she happily obliged, coming around from her desk to put her arm around me for a pic, she also posed for a pic in between me and my best friend, before personalizing an 8x10. Then to top it off, she told me she loved my hair and that it was like her character Troi! These are the little personal things that you remember and that make all the difference. So I have only praise for her and she was totally the opposite to what I was told she would be. :smile:

Edited by SilvaNemesis

I cant believe what I am reading in this thread about Patrick, and snot182 is way out of line im afraid. Patrick does not wish to sign Star Trek related material at the Theatre (who spelt it Theater?!) and he is quite right to be firm about that. No offense here, but Patrick is a real actor, and has a real passion for the stage, so its no wonder he doesnt want to come out of the stage door and be bombarded with Trekkies looking for Captain Picard. He is very proud of his work on Star Trek, but there is a time and a place, so if you want to talk about his thoughts on episode 5 of season 6 of TNG, then this is what events like this are for, not when he is on the stage.

Edited by DefiantSteve

Why? If people want to know certain things they shouldn't be shielded from them, it's not taboo. I'm interseted in hearing people's experiences both good and bad. We the public have a right to know.

Edited by nicky

Why? If people want to know certain things they shouldn't be shielded from them, it's not taboo. I'm interseted in hearing people's experiences both good and bad. We the public have a right to know.

Because he isn't here to defend himself and if I were him and I saw this lot I would seriously reconsider my appearance.

Because he isn't here to defend himself and if I were him and I saw this lot I would seriously reconsider my appearance.

Well he or a spokesperson could always register and post some comments(!). And as for reconsidering his appearance that's a bit OTT as it's only a handful of people who've posted compared to the 1000+ he'll meet at the con. If I was him I wouldn't be child-ish or be put-off and reconsider - the media and critics do the same things when giving bad reviews to films or perfomances etc. I'd be more inclined to come along to the con and be a good sport and prove the naysers wrong.

I don't think it's really fair either to advise people here to only say positive things - I'd leave that to the moderators if they feel the thread needs editing/closing.

EDITED by QS:

While I generally agree with you nicky - to a certain extent people have a right to speak about negative experiences they had with any guest - this doesn't mean that they shouldn't be careful with the wording they use to express themselves.

Some of your comments in this post went a bit too far for my liking and have hence been edited.

Patrick Stewart is a human being like everyone else. Just because he has chosen actor as his profession that doesn't mean he is forced to smile 24/7 and to be cheerful and bubbly all of the time. :D

Edited by Queen_Sindel

When I met Partick TWICE he was lovely and spoke to me even with horrendous queues, so I welcome the chance to meet him again. People should stop being so negative. If some random person shoved something infront of you when you were out shopping or something, how would you feel about it? He'd have that all the time, so people are allowed off days. As QS said, hes only human!

People should stop being so negative...people are allowed off days. As QS said, hes only human!

I agree but I still wouldn't mind reading about other people's bad (as well as good) experinces though which was the point I was trying to make - nothing about his being off, I just wanna be able to read about it.

I've never met the man but still intend to no matter how many bad experience posts there are.

Nicky, can you please leave it at this?

As I've stated above, people are free to speak about their meetings with Patrick - both good and bad - within certain boundries.

However, people are free to voice their concerns about this as well. Kittygoldfang and Lizzy have done just this. They're entitled to their opinion just as you are. :D

But QS, I wasn't arguing :headscratch::D ??

People should stop being so negative...people are allowed off days. As QS said, hes only human!

I agree but I still wouldn't mind reading about other people's bad (as well as good) experinces though which was the point I was trying to make - nothing about his being off, I just wanna be able to read about it.

I met Patrick once and found him to be friendly and gave me as much chat / contact as the situation allowed.

And that is the problem!!!!

As far as I'm concerned , it is not Patrick's fault, but his popularity and more importantly the dollar signs in the promoter's eyes that forces him to conduct himself in an apparent "off" manner.

If Patrick did more of these and the initial rush wears off (as we have seen with other guesst in the past whereby their first appearance was manic and subsequent appearances less so) then I am sure we will see a Patrick in what I believe to be his true self

But QS, I wasn't arguing :headscratch::headscratch: ??

You keep repeating the same statement over and over again. Like posting this here twice.

That may not be arguing on your book, but still is not necessary.

I said it is okay if people want to do what you would like to see. But you still feel the need to go "but I..." when somebody does not share your opinion.

I think everybody pretty much got your point meanwhile.

That's why I asked you to "leave it."

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I'm a perfectionist and like to do things right the first time including spelling and punctuation. Plus I hate that editing note you see at the bottom of the posts - it's kinda distracting and makes the post look messy which is why I also keep my sig to a minimum and turn others off.

Sometimes instead of deleting and re-posting I'll hit enter a few times so the edit note is further down the page away from the main text. Maybe a bit of an OTT habit but I enjoy writing and take pride when doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever met him shuichi??? Because he does allow photos taken of him- at LFCC the Heroes were no photos, and he was just next to them. At others shows I've seen him at, I have plenty of pics.

And hes not horrible! hes lovely, just very busy.

Stop being rude yourself, and bother to read previous posts.