Latest Guest Announcement Patrick Stewart

showmasters

shouldn't that require proof?

Who gives a rat's ass? This criticism of Stewart is nothing personal to any of us, and it's not like he's a friend of our's (is it?) so why should we care so much if someone bad-mouths him esp if we've had our own pleasant experience with him?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldn't that require proof?

Who gives a rat's ass? This criticism of Stewart is nothing personal to any of us, and it's not like he's a friend of our's (is it?) so why should we care so much if someone bad-mouths him esp if we've had our own pleasant experience with him?

For once im in total ageement with Nicky here, This thread is just a free for all to have a go at one person voicing an opinion.

:blush:^_^ Just relax and take a deep breath ^_^:P

To be frank, the fact that he's doing this at all signifies he's ok with meeting the fans, and signing for them (he can't be worried about the money). I say let him be a bit arsey about siging American Dad DVDs outside of a performance of Shakespeare.

Wow, you obviously don't live in the real world. The only reason he is doing this event is for the MONEY!!! Not that I blame him or any other guests that appear at these shows, I just don't think you are giving this any real perspective.

Don't be foolish. How much do you think SM will pay him to sign for a day? £20 grand? More maybe? He'd make more from a Letterman appearance. The guy commands salaries over $10m for a film, do you really think he's signing autographs for the money?? Don't be a pleb. Whatever SM pay him, it will be a small sum compared to what he could get elsewhere.

As for not signing any Star Trek stuff at the stage door, thats a joke. The role of Picard and the fans that watched that show is the reason he is famous. He should be humbled by fans wanting to meet him.

This isn't the first time (and I doubt it will be the last) that I have heard of him being a real bottom to his fans. Personally, as a HUGE X-Men fan, I'm not gonna bother, not after the LFACC fiasco.

Just my opinion (before the fan boys start crying at me)

"He should be humbled by fans wanting to meet him". Brilliant. Quote of the year that is. You're right. He should be humbled by an idiot waiting for him outside of a play that said idiot can't even be bothered to see (presumably because he's too mentally challenged to understand it), just so that he can get an Extras DVD signed for him to stick on E-bay the next day.

What happened at LFACC?

I met him last year at the theatre and he was very rude to me...I will *not* be meeting him at C13.

He was meant to do a full day but only did 3 or 4 hrs in the end before he rushed uoof to the airport - it was only announced to attendees as soon as he arrived at LFCC. What happened at the theater?

He refused to sign my theatre programme...I had gone to see 'The Tempest' and I bought a programme and after the show he came out and started signing...he was very polite before he came up to me...he came up and said to me, 'Wrong programme' before pushing past me. There was only one programme for the play...and he had signed other people's programmes...so I didn't understand why he did that.

...he came up and said to me, 'Wrong programme' before pushing past me. There was only one programme for the play...and he had signed other people's programmes...so I didn't understand why he did that.
Sounds odd. Did you definately see that your programme was the same as everyone else's though? You might have the chance to ask him why he didn't sign it at C13.

He refused to sign my theatre programme...I had gone to see 'The Tempest' and I bought a programme and after the show he came out and started signing...he was very polite before he came up to me...he came up and said to me, 'Wrong programme' before pushing past me. There was only one programme for the play...and he had signed other people's programmes...so I didn't understand why he did that.

That's a lot different than the "He refused to sign my Extras DVD after a play I couldn't even be bothered to watch" rubbish being posted on this thread - that actually sounds like a reasonable request. Particularly since the Tempest is by far my favourite Shakespeare play :). As Nicky says, ask him at CM13 why he didn't sign it - am curious to see what he says!

As Nicky says, ask him at CM13 why he didn't sign it - am curious to see what he says!

Yeah, it might even make you like him again...if he has a legitimate answer. I would.

yes i think you should do this too.

can i just say that most of us here have had bad experiences meeting people, and i hope that if we do we can say without people getting all defensive about the actor. Like wise its also good to put up the good experiences people have had. I am intresting in hearing both these, and then making my own opition but without backlashing against the person who put up their experiences and their thoughts.

hey if he is like that then go to the other theatres. Christian Slater and helen baxendale ( who is looking hotter than ever) are awesome for signing at the vaudeville on the strand. I remeber when i got neve campbells auto when she was over here at the old vic. While everyone was waiting outside woody harrelson pulled up in a car and raced through the stage door (i think he was doing another play across town) and came out about 5 mins later and sped off with his wife. Obviousley the people that were waiting there tried to get an auto off woody but he ignored everyone the entire time and they started kicking off about it. But i totally agreed with him - he wasn't even in that theatre and was obviousley just there to visit someone - so why expect him to sign - why didn't they go down to theatre he was performing at to get his auto!

While everyone was waiting outside woody harrelson pulled up in a car and raced through the stage door and came out about 5 mins later and sped off with his wife. Obviousley the people that were waiting there tried to get an auto off woody but he ignored everyone the entire time and they started kicking off about it.

Sounds like Woody had a woody if he was in such a dash to get his wife. And the people outside too had a woody for Woody.

couldn't be sure of that nicky as i was too preoccupied with my woody for neve campbell.
LOL!!

if said person/agent/friends read this lot it would be doubtful he would attend any kind of convention ever again.
but then again maybe he'd want to do the con to prove the naysayers wrong. Party on, dude...

At the end of the day a lot of actors are like this. I went to meet Orlando outside In Celebration with a Pirates picture but I also took a picture from In Celebration as I had heard that a lot of actors only sign stuff to do with the play they are in which was lucky as this was the case for Orlando also.

At the end of the day a lot of actors are like this. I went to meet Orlando outside In Celebration with a Pirates picture but I also took a picture from In Celebration as I had heard that a lot of actors only sign stuff to do with the play they are in which was lucky as this was the case for Orlando also.

There are also those that either leave straight after the performance, or long into the night afterwards.

Took my parents to see Yul Brynner and Virginia McKenna in the King and I for their 25th wedding anniversary.

After the show I popped round the back and met Ms McKenna, who is a really lovely lady, and she happily chatted and signed a lovely dedication to my Parents, when I mentioned about Mr Brynner she said he was still in his dressing room, after waiting a couple of hours after the show he still didn't appear so gave up.

I know this is kind of off topic but, it is just an example of what can happen at stage doors. I went expecting nothing but got something, I and met a really lovely warm person who after two/three hours of singing and dancing was still couldn't seem to do enough for people, and a memory to treasure.

I've met Patrick at the London Con and he was lovely. Then I met him again last weekend in London. I went to see "Macbeth". I loved the play :D and was very happy that Patrick was on stage, because he was ill at that time - he had or still has laryngitis. You could hear that he had problems with his voice during the play, but he was there, acting for 3 hours.

After the play my husband and I went to the Stage Door, he was the first to leave the theatre and I asked him for an autograph. He signed my program, he had absolutely no voice anymore, but still took the time to sign it for me. I told him, that I hope he will get well soon, he smiled, formed thanks with his lips and went home. Great man! Great actor!

I've met Patrick at the London Con and he was lovely. Then I met him again last weekend in London. I went to see "Macbeth". I loved the play :P and was very happy that Patrick was on stage, because he was ill at that time - he had or still has laryngitis. You could hear that he had problems with his voice during the play, but he was there, acting for 3 hours.

After the play my husband and I went to the Stage Door, he was the first to leave the theatre and I asked him for an autograph. He signed my program, he had absolutely no voice anymore, but still took the time to sign it for me. I told him, that I hope he will get well soon, he smiled, formed thanks with his lips and went home. Great man! Great actor!

Yay lets get positive about the man! feel the leurve!

bring patrick to the gmex in march

Ohh... Wow. Patrick Stewart!! *dances in a deranged fashion!* I hope I can get to C13 for him. I would love to see him at G-Mex obviously but... I hold few hopes for that. does anyone remember what the anme of that series he made not that long ago for Granada? He played a Coroner or something like that???

Ohh... Wow. Patrick Stewart!! *dances in a deranged fashion!* I hope I can get to C13 for him. I would love to see him at G-Mex obviously but... I hold few hopes for that. does anyone remember what the anme of that series he made not that long ago for Granada? He played a Coroner or something like that???

Eleventh Hour, Professor Hood of the Home Office :thumbup:

Eleventh Hour, Professor Hood of the Home Office :thumbup:

You marvellous person!!! It's been doing my head in for a few weeks now cause no one at work could remember the name!! Go you!! Fabulous!! I hope they're going to make another series of that!

Eleventh Hour, Professor Hood of the Home Office ;)

You marvellous person!!! It's been doing my head in for a few weeks now cause no one at work could remember the name!! Go you!! Fabulous!! I hope they're going to make another series of that!

IMDB is wonderful thing :firedevil: I did watch it, but couldn't remeber the name. I've a feeling it's a gonner though :thumbup: