Michael Palin was sitting in WHSmiths signing his latest travel book

Which was on sale for £10 so i got it and an Autograph + Photo for £10

Absolute Bargain

as buy his travel books anyway

did anyone else see him

he was only signing Saturday

could have easily been a Collectormania Guest seemed real nice bloke

as he does on the TV

Was a bit of a queue but it moved fairly quickly as he was obviously under pressure to get them all done

he was only supposed to be there for an hour

had a brief chat with him myself and he was happy to pose for photo

the people in front of me were putting books in front of him and just waiting for signature

without saying much

not seasoned collectors who have lost the oh god im talking to someone famous nerves

dont think all were armed with cameras they were just seeing him as he was there

would probably make a good guest for a future event

Autograph and latest book for a tenner absolutely brilliant

perhaps smiths can start running events !

In store signings can be worth keeping an eye out for. Last year I got two signatures off Richard Attenbrough for the price of one DVD, I got Christopher Lee to sign his biography for just the cost of the book and all four of the League of Gentlemen for the cost of a DVD (not their autographs, I've got them locked up in my shed)

If I don't get autographs at cons, I get them at film premieres in London. I got Kylie Minogue's the other week at the White Diamond premiere. Seven hours of waiting around like a lunatic in the freezing cold, but I've idolzed the woman since 1987 so it was a dream come true to have her acknowledge me. :)

FYI, David Tennant and Freema Agyeman are signing Doctor Who DVDs at HMV in Oxford Street on November 5th. I'd go but I can't afford it, and I've already met David Tennant. I'd like to go to some In Store signings but I always find out about them after they've happened. :YAHOO:

Edited by Princess83

I think he was due to start at 12:30 on Friday. Must have been about 13:30 by the time lovbug and I got to see him.

It was a fairly quick affair like most of these store signings. Longish queue about 45 min then 20 seconds of seeing the guest and your gone. However was great and got nice personalized Christmas present for my dad.

This is a picture we got of him.

e77c453d.jpg

FYI, David Tennant and Freema Agyeman are signing Doctor Who DVDs at HMV in Oxford Street on November 5th. I'd go but I can't afford it, and I've already met David Tennant. I'd like to go to some In Store signings but I always find out about them after they've happened. :thumbup:

Its worth checking out some of the stores websites; HMV, Virgin, Forbidden Planet and Waterstones all have details of instore events on the sites. Usually they are advertised a little bit in advance which is useful.

• 1 month later...

darn, i didnt go. No fair. I wouldnt trust whsmiths with events. THe book signing i went to was actually more horrible ( as in making people wait knowing that they were not goign to get there book signed....but then again it was at bluewater.)

Darn, if i knew about david tennant at that time i would have gone...*sigh*