Who met ERIK AVARI?

nicky

I talked about Daredevil and his perceptions of it while filming. He thought it'd be a big hit like the other superhero movies. He mentioned he enjoyed working woth Roland Emmericah and still has stuff in the pipline with Dean Devlin.

Most of the time we talked about The Beast of War though which I think he said was his favourite film he's made which he was sad wasnt a hit cos the producer was fired so the marketing of the film went downhill with it as the studio didnt care after the producer left. He was very responsive when talking about that movie, one which hardly enyone mentions to him but when they do go on about how great and underappreciated it is. Great bloke.

Anyone ask about The Mummy?

Edited by nicky

• Moderators

First time I met him I actually talked about his appearance in the new american show Dirty Sexy Money with Donald Sutherland and Peter Krause .. so that was cool as it only aired last week, so it was fresh in my mind.

And then a few other times I talked to him about Heroes etc, as he was a really pleasant guy and I enjoyed having conversations with him.

I must admit I wasn't sure about meeting him before the event, but I'm extremely glad I did.

I met him on the Saturday for a Stargate autograph and he was very nice, for some reason I seem to recall feeling the need to tell him something along the lines that I was (or my fiance and I) were more excited about seeing him then Michael Shanks and Chris Judge....

My fiance and I mainly came to C12 because I wanted to meet a few people, and cause he knew we needed to get our SG group shot completed. But while there I made sure that we got some stuff signed for him, like his DS9 bible (more like a script to me) but I knew he wanted Erics so I made sure I saved some money for that, which he was happy about.

I even let him choose the pic that was to get signed (if you know me you will know I'm very fusy when it comes to choosing which picture to get signed as I hate grainy pics or ones with part of people heads cut off)

He was very nice when we met I'm glad I saved some money to see him at C12 well worth it....

:D

LLAP :lol:

First time I met him I actually talked about his appearance in the new american show Dirty Sexy Money with Donald Sutherland and Peter Krause .. so that was cool as it only aired last week, so it was fresh in my mind.

I also wanted to ask him about Dirty sexy money, how the show was and so on but we eventually talked about the traffic-jams on the UK highways :D:lol:

How is the show David ? I like Peter Krause, he's a very talented actor. I loved him in 6FU and also in The Lost room.

• Moderators

Traffic jams? :lol: Much better conversational topic! ;)

Oh it's really good, I'm loving it .. one of my favourite new shows this season - yeah, I started watching it mainly for Peter as I've always loved his work, but the whole cast is great.

Erick's only been in one episode but he said he'd love to do more if they'd have him.

As far as I remember, we talked about Silverlink trains being on strike and what a pain in the *** is was to get there on Friday! Lol

He did seem most concerned and grateful that id made the effort to come down! What a top bloke!!

Chatted to him briefly about Heroes, but mainly about his cameo in Independence day. When asked if he would be up for a part in any sequel he replied "Why not I didn't die" and then commented its about the only thing he hasn't died in. Told me a story about Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum that was funny. Said he thought it was a great and "loud" film. Brilliant guest, defo there to meet fans first and make a few quid second.

Didn't exactly meet him. I was walking round seeing who was left, when he came up beside me. I turned round to walk off, and nearly sent him flying! :rolleyes:

We both said sorry to each other, and he said he was on the wrong side. Must have ment he wanted to be behind the desks, not in front of them.

I almost missed him tucked away down the side - so glad I spotted him before I left as he was a lovely guy - really friendly. As for talking, he was mostly impressed by the number of shopping bags I'd managed to amass in between nabbing autographs. :D

I didn't think to ask him about The Mummy (or Heroes!), as I didn't want to hog too much of his time, but I did get a nice photo of him from the film (I'd have liked a photo of him from the meet, but my camera was being useless). One of the best people I met, definitely.