THE BILL - did anyone meet them in the end?

nicky

It's all speculation really, but if a show like MusicMania was as quiet as it was, I can't see a Soap-related show doing any better.

To be fair, there was a reason why MusicMania was quiet - much as I hate to say it, it was down to the quality of the guests. If it happens again next year, a few big guests will change the numbers dramatically. That said, I can't see it being run again, unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.

• Moderators

To be fair, there was a reason why MusicMania was quiet - much as I hate to say it, it was down to the quality of the guests. If it happens again next year, a few big guests will change the numbers dramatically. That said, I can't see it being run again, unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.

That's true, but then I suppose you have to say what a 'quality' soap guest would be i.e. someone that would genuinely make a lot of people travel to meet them.

I was only kinda comparing the two events as they're both things that a lot of people have a casual interest in, but perhaps aren't ever going to be as 'cult' in the same way as Collectormania and its guests are.

I was only kinda comparing the two events as they're both things that a lot of people have a casual interest in, but perhaps aren't ever going to be as 'cult' in the same way as Collectormania and its guests are.

Yeah - but then look at it this way... Picture some music related star who would be roughly the same stature as Patrick Stewart - someone like Brian May maybe? Stick him in there, and the event would be huge.

I think the problem with MM was that all of the guests varied between 2nd Stormtrooper on the left to (at best) Royd Tolkien. It was hard for it to succeed from the start. Like I say, I really hope I'm proved wrong, and it happens again next year with an enhanced guest list...

I spent ages chatting with Trudie, who is an absolute sweetheart and should definitely be kept in mind for future events. I met Mark at the LFCC, so we caught up when he asked if I'd heard anything from Gary and if I was hitting the Quadrophenia event next year.