"On a scale of 1-10 how's my hair, is it ok?"

nicky

Sunday afternoon about 2pm I'm strolling through the stalls and I overheard one of the funniest things ever:

An emo kid (male) with long dark hair was walking with a girl, he turns to ask her in a serious tone (ie. he wasn't joking about it), "On a scale of 1-10 how's my hair, is it OK?"

I don't think he realised I'd heard him but I just thought OMFG!!! LOL!!!! I didnt say anything to him but wish I did now as would love to have seen his face knowing that I had heard him. :YAHOO:

Was it you?????!!!!

Edited by nicky

It certainly wasn't me.

Reminds me of a pretty stupid thing I overheard someone saying at the show though. I was in a queue when this over excited bloke came over to his mate to mention he'd just seen the bloke who often comes dressed as Jack Sparrow. He then followed up by saying "I really thought it was him at first".

What kind of mind would actually allow themselves to think Johnny Depp spends his weekends, wandering around shopping centres in England dressed in full character costume?

Don't know what your point is!

It made me laugh, you had to have heard it to appreciate it. It just sounded so poncy.

s***. Have I just opened myself up to attack from the PC army?

I see your point Nicky, and I totally agree with you. I see it every day and it is sometimes too hard not to say anything. If someone sets themselves up for it, why disappoint them. Espceially as they would do it to you if they had the chance.

If someone sets themselves up for it, why disappoint them. Espceially as they would do it to you if they had the chance.
You'd never hear me, a bloke, say that.

It was like Marlon Waynas (?) in Scary Movie...the one everyone thinks is meant to be secretly gay cos of the funny stuff he comes out with.

Edited by nicky

If someone sets themselves up for it, why disappoint them. Espceially as they would do it to you if they had the chance.
You'd never hear me, a bloke, say that.

It was like Marlon Waynas (?) in Scary Movie...the one everyone thinks is meant to be secretly gay cos of the funny stuff he comes out with.

What? Ask someone if your hair is ok? Or what I said?

It certainly wasn't me.

Reminds me of a pretty stupid thing I overheard someone saying at the show though. I was in a queue when this over excited bloke came over to his mate to mention he'd just seen the bloke who often comes dressed as Jack Sparrow. He then followed up by saying "I really thought it was him at first".

What kind of mind would actually allow themselves to think Johnny Depp spends his weekends, wandering around shopping centres in England dressed in full character costume?

Hahaha! I think I heard someone say that out loud too.....had to stop and try to figure that one out!

It certainly wasn't me.

haha, clearly someone very stupid that thinks Jack Sparrow is a REAL person and not just a character in the cinema. I have to say though, Adam truly is an amazing Jack Sparrow!

haha, clearly someone very stupid that thinks Jack Sparrow is a REAL person and not just a character in the cinema. I have to say though, Adam truly is an amazing Jack Sparrow!

Isn't Jack real? ;)

I bet you are going to tell me that my Dad dresses up as Santa Claus every year :o

You had better not diss the Easter Bunny. I have seen her!!

:poki:

Don't know what your point is!

It made me laugh, you had to have heard it to appreciate it. It just sounded so poncy.

s***. Have I just opened myself up to attack from the PC army?

Sorry, was having a grumpy morning!!!! Most of my "customers" have had a good moan today!

I can see how poncy it must have sounded!

You should have asked him "I would class it a 10...because you're worth it!"

ive been at gig and seen guys fixing their hair in mirrors, my friend saw one guy applying foundation at one gig.... he went up to him and said, " you do know you are a guy right??"

classic

But the scary thing would be if the guy turned around and said yes!

What's wrong with a man wearing make up??

Who said it was strictly for women???:D

Agree. I saw an artical on tv a few years back about men wearing makeeup and they were going round asking people if they thought men wearing makeup was ok, and asking men if they would wear it themselves.

Too me (though I could be wrong) it always seems to be men who have a problem with other men wearing makup, not sure if there would be as many women who would have a problem with it. Just an obsevation.

Women arn't the only ones who care about there appearance, so I personally see nothing wrong with a guy asking how his hair looks. I know enough men out there that would yell at me if I messed up there hair that they had spent ages styling with gell or what ever.

But each to there own...

:wub:

LLAP ;Bprg:

the whole guy styling their hair thing is one thing but the majoity of ppl like the one reffered to in this original post "do their hair" to make it look like they just got out of bed... they spend hours to get it too look exactly like mine does after a 12 hour sleepathon... that is just a little odd in my estimation.

the makeup thing is similar i think, most guys who wear it will for example wear a little eye liner and nothing else and it is, a lot of the time, all down too the the music scene they are into or a part of, i work in said industry so i see it a lot, but it goes from a little eye liner to eye make up similar to that of the zombies i saw in another thread... not exactly making them look better but more like a junky who just woke up from a restless over does :blush:

I personally see nothing wrong with a guy asking how his hair looks. I

It's OK if he's doing a show at the theater or is on a night out and has actually spent time styliing it but this kid's hair was just naturally placed, it wasn't exactly a Tony And Guy job.

The only thing a bloke should ever have on their face is either a cobweb or an ACAB tattoo!

or a ....

you know, im not gonna finish that sentence as i dont wanna be considered perverted, one track minded, typically male or all of the above :blush:

And here is my 2 cents worth.

I say stuff like that, Sorry I care about my hair for about 20 years of my life I had Sh!t hair and only within the last year have I actually had a stylist sort my hair instead of a barber and I love my hair because it makes me look less "F*ck Ugly"

It may have been me who said it, but I would doubt anyone would describe me as a kid.