Biggest Disappointment

Superman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its easy to say "No offense but I don't think it matters what was done" but it weighs on your mind when someone walks away from you, then comes back a different person.

I did see her step away from the person infront of me, so maybe he did something I did not see.

But it is still abit upsetting to think I say have done somthing that upset her (not that I did anything than put a hand on her shounder, like the 5 others that went before me).

Listen, i was there and it wasn't you mate

One of the people in front of you did not put his hand on her shoulder but elsewhere, it really wasn't you, she walked away because she really needed to speak to Malcom as well as the other photographer and its a shame that the incident happened as if everyone had acted like you and the others that put there arm on her shoulder it wouldve been fine.

One of the people in front of you did not put his hand on her shoulder but elsewhere

Now you see that's what I'm talking about. It only takes one idiot who tries to grab her backside and we'll never see her back again. Absolutely outrageous - I'm not suprised she was pissed off.

Edited by MikeDonovan

It's a real shame that something happened at the photoshoot and I hope it hasn't put Helen off from making a return to a UK signing.

Actually, reading the comment from her guest assistant on the Saturday I feel a bit worried as I told Helen I thought she look absolutley fantastic. I didn't mean it in any strange way, it was a comparison to other guests I have met who were popular in the 80s but look completely different so much so you wouldn't recognise them. I meant it as a compliment to her not to freak her out so I hope she took my comment as it was meant to have come across.

I forgot to mention Smallville to her I had wanted to ask her about filming for the show and if they would ever ask her back to appear in a scene with Jor-El should he finally appear on-screen.

One of the people in front of you did not put his hand on her shoulder but elsewhere

Now you see that's what I'm talking about. It only takes one idiot who tries to grab her backside and we'll never see her back again. Absolutely outrageous - I'm not suprised she was pissed off.

There's always one who thinks it's clever to try something stupid and then ruins things for everyone else.

I didn't meet her but have only read good things from those who did so I hope the majority showed her that we're ok over here really and won't put her off from attending again.

I forgot to mention Smallville to her I had wanted to ask her about filming for the show and if they would ever ask her back to appear in a scene with Jor-El should he finally appear on-screen.

Helen did say that she shot a scene in the F.O.S ..... but she said with a smile, that she wasn't going to say any more than that as was'nt going to spoil what it involved..

Here's 2 of the photos that I got of her

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

Edited by gebes

All this makes me very unhappy, i dont think she will do any more events like this again.Also the person that did it should be banned from these events.This can also be classed as an assault you could be dun for, i would think.Has a letter or somthing been sent to her saying how sorry every one is that this happened and please dont be put off doing these events by one prat,as we all like her very much.

Ok, so Helen wasn't as versed in Convention ettiquette as some fanboys and girls are. Heck, when I got my 1-sheet signed, and said I'd bought it off a dealer, she hadn't realised there were dealers there, or that they were 'behind' her.

So she's an actor... Does that mean she has to be touchy feely with every blue haired geek that wants a photo? even putting up with what could in other circumstances, be classified as assault?

Give the girl some slack. If she personally feels uncomfortable getting felt up by folks that get their personal kicks dressed up as comic characters, then let her set the rules of engagement. Ok so she's an actress, Usually it means she'd have to touch/interact with folks she might have met before, and maybe washed their hands just before the take. The studio environment is usually more strictly managed than a hall in a shopping centre (not a dig at any SM employee, or boss).

Shame Jake won't be back, although I thought he'd been over since that show. Would happily swap him for Daniel 'Big Boi' Logan, any time.

I find it quite revolting that someone would do that to Helen. I just hope that she is able to dismiss it as one sick weirdo, and see that the rest of you who attended - not forgetting those of us who didn't/couldn't - are genuine upstanding fans who just want to meet their favourite actors etc...

helen signed my supergirl poster , not the chattyest star i meet sunday, but when i asked for a photo no problem , and because i went photo crazy , poor camera died !!! she said i could come back if i could get a camera or mobile and have a photo with her anytime , top girl!!!

Bit like Jake Lloyd getting all the abuse at C5 saying that he ruiened star wars, he does't plan to come back again either apparently

Is this actual fact (as in, did you witness this yourself) or a rumor that's been spreading around ?

First I heard of this. What's that about?? Anyway stars should keep professional and not be put off by critics anyway, surly? Crowds jeer at pop stars on stage in concerts but they ignore it so couldnt Jake do the same?

Listen, i was there and it wasn't you mate

One of the people in front of you did not put his hand on her shoulder but elsewhere, it really wasn't you, she walked away because she really needed to speak to Malcom as well as the other photographer and its a shame that the incident happened

So you saw it? What happened to the perpertrator? Was he ejected?

Seen from a different angle, many guests assume that posing with arms around people, or hugging them, is what's expected of them and this can be more than a little surprising and uncomfortable for the person getting the pic :chair:

No, really, it sounds weird I know, cos we all love our idols, but I can think of a couple of times when I've stood next to a guest for a photo and been surprised to find an arm around my shoulders, accompanied by a jovial squeeze, from a well-meaning guest, as I'm not overly touchy-feely myself.

Having said that, I'm still having another photo taken with James Marsters at GMEX, even though I've no doubt that part of what freaked me out enough to run away without saying thank you last time, was the very familiar hug :borg:

Some people just don't like being too close to people they don't know, even if they love them to bits. At least that helps. Personally, I can't imagine what it must be like to be in such close proximity to absolute strangers a la CM Photoshoots - I wouldn't be able to do it. :lol:

How do you eject someone and enforce it when it's taking place in a shopping centre?

My view is, when you've got a guest who's just had her butt groped by someone, it could be said to be a matter for the police, depending on the way she sees it. I would say this - he's lucky he didn't try it with Marina Sirtis - she probably would've ripped his head off :)

How do you eject someone and enforce it when it's taking place in a shopping centre?

Or you just eject them from the photo shoots and auto queue's.

Well someone was apparently ejected from Lakeside shopping centre in in Essex for going round with a potition, to stop people from having to work on (either) boxing day or Newyears day (can't remember which one it was)

They were not happy with them doing this and ejected her from the shopping centre...

You could be right, how they can enforce something like this, is beyond me, its not as if the security guards man every entrance way to the shopping centre, and all the time.

:D

LLAP :band:

• Showmasters Admin

It's not easy to enforce but before ejecting someone the centre and SM security and some of us from SM will make sure we get a good look at them. They will then the ejected and we will keep an eye out for them.

As you say it's very hard to stop them re-entering the centre but we'll make sure they don't get anywhere near the guests again.

i just wanted to say that i thoroughly enjoyed meeting Helen on Sunday :D

was she quiet - yes, but so what!

i've been to a few events over the years and more actors than not are daunted by meeting so many people.

they enjoy it, but are overwhelmed

being an actor/actress doesn't mean you're comfortable meeting people

anyway, i hope she does come back to these shores again

darryl