Biggest Disappointment

Superman

Sleep..what is that?

:D:wub:

Mind you, I am usually vigilant enough to cover all of the bases so that people - not you - cannot say that I said this etc as some people do on forums like this. I do this as not everyone reads all of the string to get a feel for the convo.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleep..what is that?

:wub::D

Mind you, I am usually vigilant enough to cover all of the bases so that people - not you - cannot say that I said this etc as some people do on forums like this. I do this as not everyone reads all of the string to get a feel for the convo.

Sleep is something my body is screaming for - I keep giving it caffiene but its beginning to have less effect (49 hours from getting up to going back to bed is my record) :D

I didn't get a photoshoot with Helen but she couldn't have been more lovely when I met her on Saturday morning for an autograph. We had a really nice chat and giggle, she happily posed for a photo at the table and shook my hand twice. I thought she was one of the nicest celebrities I've met so I'm surprised to hear such negativity. It makes me rather glad I opted out of the photoshoot in the end (I nearly bought one).

:blush: It was a shame about Helen's photo session on Sunday but she was taken by surprise by one of the fans & this did upset her & she should not be bad named for that as noone has the right to touch a guest (or anyone) in an inappropriate way (which to her they did), she did continue with the photo session even though it upset her which i thought was amazing how she put on a brave face for the rest of her fans & not let them down, its a shame that one person had to reck it for everyone else getting close pictures with her.

I sympathise with "Superman" but he was unlucky to follow someone that had just upset her & from that point on this was on her mind, shame really, seeing as it was her first proper event as she was really nervous but happy to meet more of her fans. Im just glad she still enjoyed her weekend with us all before & after that incident (from what some of you are saying with her posing for pics at autos etc).

But i always find the best way to think for a photo session is to not expect anything more than getting a picture alongside an amazing person that has done well in there industry, i have asked sometimes for a hug & mostly they have voluntarily hugged me too but i never expect it. There have been times the guest has stood next to me & i am happy with this as this is what they want & i still get a picture with them :angel: Id hate for them to feel uncomfortable as everyone is entitled to do there job as well as feeling happy.

(Hopefully ive not talked out of turn above or ruffled any feathers, no intentions too just my own opinion on this).

:YAHOO:

I sat with Helen on Saturday, and looking at the picture I asked her for at the end, she put her arm around me, and I'm just looking vaguely embarassed by the whole thing *note to self, pictures with actresses who are very slim do not make you look good*

By the end of the days, Helen was still jetlagged, but she always made an effort with those who came up for autographs. Or at least she did when I was there.

LOL i didn't make it down to CM12 in the end but this thread has made me look back on my previous photo's with guests just out of curiosity as to see what i'm doing :lol: ....now i've come to notice that on most of them the guests are very touchy feely with me...where do i complain! hehe ....oh except Ashley Laurence she's allowed to get away with it,i'll not file a complaint about that occasion thx.. :D

I met Helen on Sunday morning, and found her to be very nice indeed, we chatted about her time on Supergirl , her CD to her returning to the Superman mythos in her upcoming role on Smallville.

Indeed she even shared with me, where some of her scenes were shot.

I also had a photoshoot with her, and she actually remembered me from earlier on in the day ,that I was the person who had discussed her being on Smallville.

I also did see what happened during the photoshoot, but thought it was handled very discretely by the crew members and Malcolm the photographer.

I therefore don't consider Helen Slater's appearance at the weekend to be a disappointment.

I can't believe people are saying she was a disappointment! I have to say I thought Helen was great and very friendly. It didn't bother me in the slightest that she requested no touching during the photo shoot, I totally respected her wishes and think others should have. I was just happy I had the chance to meet her (even if I did embarrass myself lol). Everyone is entitled to their personal space. It also makes me sad that someone was inappropriate with Helen and I hope this hasn't put Helen off doing anymore conventions.

Helen is amazing :lol:

DSC01852.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

HelenSlaterPhotoshoot.jpg

Does anyone know what actually happened that put Helen off.

I don't think the peoples issues really have much to do with not being able to touch Helen, most people seem to be upset about how the picture didn't feel like Helen made an effort to look happy or interested in what she was doing and refused to stand anywhere near them.

I think the picture above is one of the best ones I saw and even that doesn't look very friendly to me.

It must have been something on Sunday, because this is the picture I got with her. (excuse my ugly mug) There were a couple of guys on Saturday that were creepy and made he a little uncomfortable, so maybe there was one at the photoshoot who tried something? Would be my guess.

KipHelenSlater.jpg

Just to prove that she does take good photos and smiles for the camera.

Edited by KrazyKid197

It must have been something on Sunday, because this is the picture I got with her. (excuse my ugly mug) There were a couple of guys on Saturday that were creepy and made he a little uncomfortable, so maybe there was one at the photoshoot who tried something? Would be my guess.

KipHelenSlater.jpg

Just to prove that she does take good photos and smiles for the camera.

OMG I'm so jealous!!! You got the best job ever to sit with Helen :firedevil: I wish I'd decided to crew that weekend, I'm not crewing until GMEX!!! oh hum.

I'm glad you said that about the creepy guys, I know where you're coming from, I did notice a few which did seem to make her uncomfortable.

I met Helen on Sunday morning, and found her to be very nice indeed, we chatted about her time on Supergirl , her CD to her returning to the Superman mythos in her upcoming role on Smallville.

Indeed she even shared with me, where some of her scenes were shot.

I also had a photoshoot with her, and she actually remembered me from earlier on in the day ,that I was the person who had discussed her being on Smallville.

I also did see what happened during the photoshoot, but thought it was handled very discretely by the crew members and Malcolm the photographer.

I therefore don't consider Helen Slater's appearance at the weekend to be a disappointment.

what was it?

please tell me it was not me but the person B4 me.

No offense but I don't think it matters what was done. It affected her and she was still shaken by it all when she came back from the shoot to carry on signing (I was her assistant on the Sunday)

She is such a nice lady and whilst I can see why people are not happy at their photos, please try to bear in mind the circumstances

OMG I'm so jealous!!! You got the best job ever to sit with Helen :firedevil: I wish I'd decided to crew that weekend, I'm not crewing until GMEX!!! oh hum.

I'm glad you said that about the creepy guys, I know where you're coming from, I did notice a few which did seem to make her uncomfortable.

I'd not really heard of her before, but now I really do need to go and see Supergirl.

I think all guests are going to get those creepy people. The ones who are way too familiar and just got a bad vibe. If a guest is new to conventions they might have a harder time dealing with it.

No offense but I don't think it matters what was done. It affected her and she was still shaken by it all when she came back from the shoot to carry on signing (I was her assistant on the Sunday)

She is such a nice lady and whilst I can see why people are not happy at their photos, please try to bear in mind the circumstances

its easy to say "No offense but I don't think it matters what was done" but it weighs on your mind when someone walks away from you, then comes back a different person.

I did see her step away from the person infront of me, so maybe he did something I did not see.

But it is still abit upsetting to think I say have done somthing that upset her (not that I did anything than put a hand on her shounder, like the 5 others that went before me).

I'd not really heard of her before, but now I really do need to go and see Supergirl.

I think all guests are going to get those creepy people. The ones who are way too familiar and just got a bad vibe. If a guest is new to conventions they might have a harder time dealing with it.

Yeh you will have to see Supergirl, she was my 1st ever crush when I first saw the film (even tho she is a lot older than me now, she is still hot lol) :firedevil:

Maybe posing as Morden did with some guests is a lot to ask, Morden and the original Jedi Chefs are complete legends. I have a picture of two Angel cast members mock light sabre battling at a convention I went to. I will sort them out and link them to here.

I have a LOT of "silly" photos with the guests from many events. :) Some guests don't mind being "silly" for the photos, others can't be bothered. But I would never insist that a guest should pose a certain way. And if they don't want to - though I might be a tad disappointed - I would not think less of them for it.

Having said that, I usually get away with it! I have many examples to prove it. :blush:

I didnt see her but considered it as she looked really nice (even though older than supergirl role) and friendly and was posing for pics

so hard to believe original post

It was Friday when I saw her

Didn`t go the other days this time as only wanted 2 and they were there Friday

When I met her, a guy in front of me had just given her a poem to sign, that he'd written about her the night before, on a bit of A4. She covered it well, but I could see she was a bit "what the hell???....".

Once it got to me, she was fine with me, although she did give me a look as if to say "now what...". Once I got talking to her she was fine - got her to sign a non-Supergirl picture (Which she was pretty surprised about) and asked about her CDs etc.

In all honestly I think she was just a bit unprepared for what exactly it would involve, and I don't think it's the sort of thing she'd normally do. Throw in a couple of, shall we say, the more 'unusual' people into the queue and she was probably wondering what the hell she'd got herself into.

Also, are we seriously saying that it's expected that a female guest is expected to allow a certain amount of bodily contact during a photoshoot? Presumably a full on grope is out, but we're talking about an arm round the waist? Seriously, some people are living in an alternate world here. She is completely within her rights to say that she's not overly comfortable with a group of complete strangers wrapping their arms around her. To say that it was a 'dissapointment' that you didn't get to put your arm around her is, to be perfectly honest, a bit creepy.