Biggest Disappointment

Superman

She was very weird when I went to get my autograph, didnt say anything, not very friendly.

Then when I went for the photo session I was about the 4 - 5 person. walked up, put my hand on her shoulder (like the first 4 - 5 others) & she walked off with the photographer then came back & told everyone not to touch her.

looking at everyone else's pics at the collection point, you could probably fit a whole other person in between her & them.

Not very nice & a let down as a person.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She was very weird when I went to get my autograph, didnt say anything, not very friendly.

Then when I went for the photo session I was about the 4 - 5 person. walked up, put my hand on her shoulder (like the first 4 - 5 others) & she walked off with the photographer then came back & told everyone not to touch her.

looking at everyone else's pics at the collection point, you could probably fit a whole other person in between her & them.

Not very nice & a let down as a person.

luckly i didnt meet her, but looking at the photo session photos she looked misrable and was stood so far away, i think i would have asked for my money back. Its standard practise that the guest puts there arm around u or somthing, and if she didnt want to stand close to the paying people, i think she shouldn't have done a photo shoot.

I almost don't know why I'm bothering to reply to this, but FFS - you're not buying an opportunity to touch an actor - you're buying a picture with someone. Its completely understandable that an actor might not want to be continually touched by complete strangers.

Actually, out of every single profession in the world, actors are the ones who should be most expected to be willing to touch strangers. Their job is to touch people and do things that htey wouldn't ordinarily do.

Saw her on Sunday, and she seemed pleasant enough - happy to pose for a photo and smiled and chatted for a bit. People must be very disappointed not to get the photo they want when they pay good money for it. The celebs must know what's expected of them, and what to expect from the fans, so if they don't want to do it, why bother turning up?

Saw her on Sunday, and she seemed pleasant enough - happy to pose for a photo and smiled and chatted for a bit. People must be very disappointed not to get the photo they want when they pay good money for it. The celebs must know what's expected of them, and what to expect from the fans, so if they don't want to do it, why bother turning up?

She was pleasant when she autographed a photo for me and chatted and was pleasant when I went for my photo, so far as saying it was nice to meet me again. I had no real issue about not touching her. Why should we assume that she was not really nervous about he experience, having encountered a difficult situation in the past or just isn't a very tactile person full stop? You get all sorts, from those that stand 5 ft away to those that put their head against your chest in the photo shoot. At the end of the day in years to come, you'll have a photo with a once Hollywood actress (who is now going places in the music industry as a singer song writer) to look back fondly upon. My only disappointment is that I never got to meet her in her prime, because geez was she a pretty woman.

It's one thing for them to not want people to be pouring themselves over the actor/actress, however to stand a few feet away from the person, barely looking at the camera and looking miserable is quite another.

People had paid a lot of money for a photo actually with her (ie near her and with some sort of interaction even if only a glance in direction). However the majority came out looking more like someone had happened to take a photo while you were stood near her without her knowledge.

I would like to say though that I was rather hesitant about having any photo shoots this time round after attending C11, however this time they were organized vastly better with much shorter queues and the pictures felt a lot more personal. I would definitely go for them again.

I found it a tad weird also, i was really looking forward to meeting him, wish i hadnt bought a ticket now, i mean im a girl and she didnt touch me, when charisma carpenter did it, she asked no 1 to touch her, she was find with me and put her around me... some guests can be a bit off i suppose.

This was Helens first event of this type and she was extremely nervous and somewhat taken aback by it all - she wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

Some people find having strangers in close proximity touching them uncomfortable. They may be famous but they're still human.

She was extremely nice all day and very pleasant to talk to :hathor:

a friend and i met Helen Saturday afternoon and we went to get our dvd's signed, both personalised. She saw our names on the ticket and said hello to both of us by name.

i then got a picture with her and as my friend walked towards her to get a photo also Helen noticed the pentergram she was wearing around her neck and they ended up talking about Wicca and Paganism for about 5 minutes!

Helen was very nice and very friendly i thought, i didnt go to the photo shoot but at the table she was great

I almost don't know why I'm bothering to reply to this, but FFS - you're not buying an opportunity to touch an actor - you're buying a picture with someone. Its completely understandable that an actor might not want to be continually touched by complete strangers.

Actually, out of every single profession in the world, actors are the ones who should be most expected to be willing to touch strangers. Their job is to touch people and do things that htey wouldn't ordinarily do.

Not strictly true - it's their job to touch people they are employed to touch as part of filming; it's not their job to be pawed by loads of sweaty urchins in a shopping centre :thumbup:

And I'd think it was a bit weird if the touch/no touch thing was announced in advance and people based their ticket buying decisions on that alone :hathor:

I met Helen yesterday, and I think she was great. She signed my photo and added 'Supergirl' as a bonus, I shook her hand, and then I had two pictures taken with her. That's just how I like to meet a guest. :hathor:

Edited by Kiwi 7

For those of us who have been on the convention/signing event circuit for many years, we will probably know of incidents that have happened in the past. You hear rumours, and you hear first hand accounts of people who have witnessed something that has made a guest feel uncomfortable about touching strangers. Of all the incidents that I have either witnessed, or know someone who has witnessed one, they all are of female guests.

As Lone Gunman said in their post, you do not buy a photo opportunity to touch a guest. If you feel that it gives you the right to do so, then that is completely wrong in my personal opininon. I always have a rule of thumb that, if I wouldn't like it done/said to me, then why should I expect a guest/someone else have it done/said to them.

I am not having a go, or criticising anyone who has posted here, but thinking that a guest should touch/hug/put an arm around a complete stranger is wrong. They are human beings after all.

The point is that they're used to being 'pawed' constantly, regardless of which purpose it is for. If they're not willing to do what is expected of them in a photoshoot then they shouldn't be willing to accept money for it. Nobody is paying for the right to stand in the near vicinity of someone, while a 'professional' photo is taken of the actress apparently not even noticing the PAYING customer is near them. Again, as an actress, you'd expect them to at least notice you.

Edited by Psychosis

Actually, I can think of another profession that touching strangers is most expected!! :YAHOO:

The point is that they're used to being 'pawed' constantly, regardless of which purpose it is for. If they're not willing to do what is expected of them in a photoshoot then they shouldn't be willing to accept money for it. Nobody is paying for the right to stand in the near vicinity of someone, while a 'professional' photo is taken of the actress apparently not even noticing the PAYING customer is near them.

Hundred percent agree with you my dear - I call you that knowing you are not a dude :YAHOO: - but all I am commenting on is the touching. I have had a few photos back at other events where I could have photoshopped a better picture of the guest next to me!.

Mind you, I had one female guest want to touch my shaven head a few years back. It was most weird, but who was I to complain. I am trying to remember who it was, but I will look back through my photos.

Haha, good point.

Perhaps I should change that to... reputable profession?:YAHOO:

Hey Cheerleader Girl....it is the oldest profession in the book. :YAHOO:

Edited by AJ Jones

Haha! At least you know they noticed you - or rather, your head :YAHOO:

With the :YAHOO: picture, I am taking it that the "head" comment meant something totally different. I am shocked Cheerleader Girl (your nickname from now on), you seemed so sweet and innocent!! :YAHOO::YAHOO:

Edited by AJ Jones