CM12 Photo Sessions

Deap

If the balance goes more towards quality I will get more photos,

Hate to be Mr Snippety, but according to your arguments of time vs quality....

If "the quality goes up", then the amount of fans able to get pictures will also go down...

Meaning you won't be able to get more photos.

Sorry and all that - but they're your arguments.

T.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say I liked the whole photoshoot buisness at c12, it wasn't a mad rush like at lfcc as they had sold too many tickets. But the jewel photoshoot was fine, the photographer nicely checked the picture, and I was actually half sticking my tongue out in the first one, so he nicely took a few more :whistling:.

The James photoshoot was a little rushed, but that was understandable because of him leaving early, but he still took the time to check all the photos were ok.

I haven't got any problems with them to be honest, yeah maybe he could have a better set up, but it's all fine looking to me :).

Maybe it was the scanners not being optimised, or the prints being tiny to begin with, but the shots that got posted from LFCC were tosh! If I was paying 20 quid for a shot with a celeb, I'd at least hope it was in focus (most of the scans posted weren't).

Btw when you have big megapixel digital cameras, even amongst the fans, why did the photographer need to change FILMS? Even if you had a separate card per guest, which could at least speed up the time between taking the shot and getting the print back, it wouldn't cost too much for a gigabyte card, even from Jessops!

Mind you with the expansion of 'print your own' mini-printers, it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Ok we had his after LFCC and we let this go but I am now going to put it to bed

we offer the photo shoot as an extra service and charge for it as the guests need to be paid as well as the photographer and costs have to be covered and "YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY ONE IF YOU DONOT LIKE IT"

the business model we use is set to work for the guests the show and the fans so it may be different to how others do it but other events do not get the guests we get it will never including free Signature with the photos as that will not fit into the business model we use

i would like to just point out that nothing is free it all has to be paid for in some way

as to the photographer he is the best guy for the job he is very good at getting the balance right and we trust him to get it right for 99% of the customers and we stand behind him 100% on this

his job is one of the hardest there is at the show he is responsible for taking your photo that you will keep forever and he has one opportunity to get it right and he is very good at this

other photographers may be able to do the same job but with the amount of guests and the amount of fans wanting a photo I do not know anyone I would trust to do this job other than this photographer

as to to quality of the photos the 2000 odd customers that had there photos taken over this weekend 99% seam to be happy with there photos and there experience

i would also like to say the photographer talks to me regular about improving the customers experience and how to improve the quality of the photos and the system and i can ashore you all he cares and works very hard to get it right for every one of you

so i think it a bit un fare for some of you to lay into him as hard as you have

I also do not think it right for this thread to go up on the forum every time for each show especially buy the same few people so please just accept it that we do the best we can and we will not be bulled into changing the way we do things,

you have all had your say we have see it and now you have to understand that we will now do what we think is best for the majority not the few

we hope you can see there are 1000s of happy customers out there and we are happy with how the photographer and the system works

jason

I'm not complaining about anything, I just think there's a few points that could be improved.

I'm sorry if I started a bit of a argument.

Maybe it was the scanners not being optimised, or the prints being tiny to begin with, but the shots that got posted from LFCC were tosh! If I was paying 20 quid for a shot with a celeb, I'd at least hope it was in focus (most of the scans posted weren't).

Btw when you have big megapixel digital cameras, even amongst the fans, why did the photographer need to change FILMS? Even if you had a separate card per guest, which could at least speed up the time between taking the shot and getting the print back, it wouldn't cost too much for a gigabyte card, even from Jessops!

Mind you with the expansion of 'print your own' mini-printers, it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Do you mean the thumbnails from LFACC? I can't really remember an out of focus shot posted here.

It was a card that he was changing, Malcolm had a digital camera. He just kept saying "film", something that amused me as well. :headscratch:

I didn't see which card he used, but the number of photos keeps adding up because he often took two or even three if anything looked doubtful (light, closed eyes etc.). I use the same camera he does and even on a megabyte card I can get about 350, 400 pictures on one card. With all the safety pictures it didn't surprise me that he did have to change the card inbetween the sessions occassionally.

CM12 was the first event I took the photo OP and I am more than satisfied! The photographer called me back twice and as I got my pictures I saw that there were really minor flaws (the star or me not smiling, reflections on my glasses).

This guy made thousands of photos, I guess it is just natural that some do not come out as wished.

I was astonished how fast and well organised it was. Thank you!