Helen Slater...definitely attending?

Princess83

Can any of the crew confirm whether she's definitely attending tomorrow? I know it's not always possible to know these things and that it's often just pot luck, but I would hate to get there and find I've wasted a journey, so if anyone knows anything about Helen's attendence status and can share, I'd appreciate it very much.

(I'm very twitchy with Helen, since she's cancelled twice previously...I normally wouldn't be so jittery!)

Edited by Princess83

Can any of the crew confirm whether she's definitely attending tomorrow? I know it's not always possible to know these things and that it's often just pot luck, but I would hate to get there and find I've wasted a journey, so if anyone knows anything about Helen's attendence status and can share, I'd appreciate it very much.

(I'm very twitchy with Helen, since she's cancelled twice previously...I normally wouldn't be so jittery!)

Well I bought a Supergirl 0ne-sheet off a dealer this morning (reserved it last night, luckily), and it now has a very nice signature on it. She arrived around 4 today, and had a reasonable queue (Think Temeura Morrison at his first show) with a break for the shoppers and gawkers to pass by. very friendly, and I think could struggle/get folks on here annoyed if she takes the time with each person that she did today. I wasn't witness to Hayden at LFCC, but I guess that speed.

But bearing in mind JCB is here, that might change. She seems to be busying herself with the SG-1 crowd so far. Shanks/Judge did like their breaks today. I saw JCB going through Shanks' tickets, making notes.

I'm planning on arriving for around 9am or so tomorrow morning, so hopefully if I manage to get in there early enough I'll be able to exchange a word or two with Helen. I met Hayden before 11am at LFCC and we had a exchanged a couple of sentences, which was good enough for me.

I've never had any problems with this JCB person. The worst guest for business for me was Charisma Carptener at CM11. There was barely time for a hello, it was a real blink and miss and I felt like I was cattle really. But that's the only time I've had anything that bad happen at a con.

Edited by Princess83

well, i had fun :)

met helen, and well, lots :) Got great photos of michael and chris together, nice one of jewel. And i was pleased to meet the three heores. No four, george, erick, james and matthew. SO pleased the heroes guys not due to appear today turned up today. Coz the more relaxed atmosphere meant i got good photos of everyone. I bet that wont be the case tomorrow LOL

now how do i get photos on here ?

well, i had fun :)

met helen, and well, lots :) Got great photos of michael and chris together, nice one of jewel. And i was pleased to meet the three heores. No four, george, erick, james and matthew. SO pleased the heroes guys not due to appear today turned up today. Coz the more relaxed atmosphere meant i got good photos of everyone. I bet that wont be the case tomorrow LOL

now how do i get photos on here ?

Upload them somewhere (Photobucket), then when you post put the URL of the pic into the box that comes up when you click the img button on the posting bit (picture of a tree)

I must be a freak of society as I have liked JCB everytime I have met her. I have found her very friendly, posing for photos and she could chat for the world..

Maybe I need help?

Edited by AJ Jones

I must be a freak of society as I have liked JCB everytime I have met her. I have found her very friendly, posing for photos and she could chat for the world..

Maybe I need help?

Ah, when she's the 'guest' she can be like that and maybe she's been hard done by but you can only go on what people experience and report back on here. It's her role as agent for everyone else that seems to wind people up. I have been there when she's been in total-control mode, freaking out at anyone even attempting to take a photo or say something to the guest but I don't want to say too much in case i get into trouble.

I guess we need to be glad that SM have a good relationship with her to get these people over and I didn't see anything today like that but she's caused a lot of arguments and problems for people attending the show in the past - usually around the no photos and push as many people through as quickly as possible attitude.

The William Shatner experience was the worst for me, he barely looked up and was just writing as fast as possible. You couldn't even take a photo from the queue which wouldn't have held anyone up but she was walking up and down making sure no cameras were in view and your photo was ready to be put in front of him. However, it was a rare opportunity to get a signed photo from him so I put up with it. Rather a hollow experience though.

To be honest I'm on the fence on this one. When it's really busy, do you want to get more people through or allow everyone to spend 5 mins chatting and having photos and disappointing people because it's going too slowly? A difficult balance to get right and someone will be annoyed whichever way you do it. So she doesn't have an easy job but could go about it in a less confrontational way sometimes and maybe actually ask what the guest would like rather than seemingly just demand things.

I hope we get no bad experiences this time, certainly everyone today seemed to be having photos taken, even busy guests like the Stargate guys without holding things up but I dare say it'll be busier tomorrow so we'll see what people report back I guess.

Oh, I've met her both as a guest and as an agent. As an agent I have found her hard working and looking out for her clients. So, maybe it is just me.

Maybe LOL!!! I'm not trying to have a go at you, or even suggest you're wrong, not my intent at all. I'm just explaining what the impression of her has been on here over the years, whether than be right or wrong.

I don't doubt she works hard and it can't be easy being involved in all this. Of course we don't get to hear what she's like behind the scenes or what she's actually trying to do and the problems she faces and tries to deal with but certainly there's been the impression given that she interferes to much with the experience people are trying to have and paying not inconsiderable amounts of money for. It could of course be the people reporting such problems that have caused the problem and are misreading the situation or expecting too much.

I have to say though that if you just wanted a signed photo you could buy one reliably from a number of sources. Going to these events and handing over your money and queuing, you do expect to at least be acknowledged and be able to shake a hand or at least ask a question of someone. And in the best instances, get a personalised signature, a brief conversation and maybe a photo making you feel you really have "met" someone and not just been passed in front of them. Like my wonderful few mins experience with Jewel was today and luckily that's been the case with most of the people I've met at these things.

There's an impression from some quarters that all she's bothered with is the money and getting as many people through as possible and if that means no talking, no photos, not even an acknowledgment people have been waiting to meet someone who's career they've followed and supported, sometimes for many years, then so be it. And that impression upsets people.

It's not the end of the world and these events have been on long enough now that you know when it might be like that or when you may have a better experience. And no one is forcing you to go and hand over your money but it can be disappointing.

You'll never please everyone and it seems everyone has had a good day today and maybe we've just been given a bad impression from a handful of past experiences and it's not a realistic one.

Don't want to bang on and cause an unnecessary argument. I've not met her myself, got nothing against her personally, just seen her at the shows and have formed an impression. Ultimately I'm glad she does what she does and SM are able to deal with her and bring so many quality guests to visit us and give us the opportunity of getting an autograph in person. It's a bonus when we get the extras but the experience people get at these shows is important (maybe expectations are too high) and could, on occasion maybe be handled a bit more tactfully.

Roll on C13 (hopefully won't be an unlucky one), more quality guests and more money for me to spend meeting them :)

Edited by sugar_mouse

I actually spoke to JCB Today and she was actually a very nice person, I was crewing,

Well that's cool to hear. Maybe something has changed and we won't see the type of comments that we have in the past.

Pity Helen couldn't be there earlier today. I was possibly going to get her auto for a friend but had to leave before she arrived and won't be able to go back the rest of the weekend.

I await with much interest to hear of people's experiences over the rest of the weekend.

I actually spoke to JCB Today and she was actually a very nice person, I was crewing, and Yes I can say that Helen Slater will deff be there for the whole of the weekend.

lol she was ok, but i was a little scared when she came over often to me to tell me to be more acertive (sp?) and if the que went down, to yell for anyone that wanted to see michael shanks, and i was scared as im usually a very quiet person, and had no idea i could shout XD

Met Helen yesterday and she is absoulty GORGEOUS and one of the most friendly people i've ever met in my whole life. Had to wait about two hours to meet her due to the way the autograph tickets worked but it was well worth it and i'd love to meet her again if she comes to Collectormania again.

Met Helen yesterday and she is absoulty GORGEOUS and one of the most friendly people i've ever met in my whole life. Had to wait about two hours to meet her due to the way the autograph tickets worked but it was well worth it and i'd love to meet her again if she comes to Collectormania again.

deffo agree she seemed so nice and so freindly, i said to her have you had trouble getting her and she said "yeah it was just cus i flew here" she didnt realise what she said and she laughed and said "well obviously not in that way"....she seemed so nice was nice to actually get to speak to her cus didnt really get a chance to say anything to Brandon Routh other than "hello"

Edited by Krypto

I thought that Helen was fantastic and looked incredible. She was really friendly, and I'm extremely happy that I have now got to meet both Superman and Supergirl at a Showmasters event this year.

Thanks SM for a great show and for bringing Helen over after her postponements in the past. I really hope she can make it over here for another signing soon.

I said earlier that Helen had been there Friday. I saw her there on Saturday, and she seemed really cool, happy and bubbly. Another observer next to me commented how nice she still looks. how she'd kept her figure. Considering she's a '63 baby, and has a kid of her own, it would be interesting to see if she'd still fit the original outfit.

Yep, could definitely stand in line for her again.

Helen Slater is a fantastic person and i must say she did great because i heard it was her first time doing a convention like this and she did it so well.

She was impressed by the way i memorized every line from the film and when she signed my picture i got her to write "you've had your fun Seleena the game is finished" and here she was so pleased i rememberd that line and she laughed and could not belive she said that in the film.

A big thank you to Helen slater from me

She's hot :D