Back from C12

Raylenth

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUESTION! One that doesn't belong in this thread but I'll ask anyway in the hopes that someone reads...

If you're not planning on participating in a cosplay competition, but just want to wear one for the day for the sake of it, can you still change in the cosplay booth? Because I'm not looking forward to attempting to sprint the 10 minute walk to the toilets and then 10 minutes back just to change into a skirt...

QUESTION! One that doesn't belong in this thread but I'll ask anyway in the hopes that someone reads...

If you're not planning on participating in a cosplay competition, but just want to wear one for the day for the sake of it, can you still change in the cosplay booth? Because I'm not looking forward to attempting to sprint the 10 minute walk to the toilets and then 10 minutes back just to change into a skirt...

Dunno about that, it's not something that interests me but there might be toilets by the cafe in John Lewis you could use. I don't know for sure if there are but as the cafe overlooks the signing area you wouldn't have far to go, just up the stairs by the JL entrance.

I don't think there are :WINCE: Well... not downstairs. I didn't notice any stairs going up, I didn't even notice that there was an upper level, haha. I'll try that if I have chance. Hopefully whoever's behind me in the queue won't mind me skipping off for ten minutes.

I don't think there are :WINCE: Well... not downstairs. I didn't notice any stairs going up, I didn't even notice that there was an upper level, haha. I'll try that if I have chance. Hopefully whoever's behind me in the queue won't mind me skipping off for ten minutes.

Ah right. I've found a floor plan map for the MK store. If you're facing the entrance from the CM area, the toilets are on the left hand side of the store near where the floor coverings section is just past the lighting, near the escalators.

There's a link to a pdf file showing it on this page...

http://www.johnlewis.com/Shops/DSDepartments.aspx?Id=10

Got to be closer than the other ones in the shopping centre.

Oooh, you're helpful. Thanks so much!

I'll hope for the best... if they let us in a bit early I'll have time to run off and get changed. Hopefully we don't get let in at 10 and get our tickets at 10 too.

We'll see! Thanks :WINCE:

And now, I think... bed! See you all tomorrow *waves*

Jewel was lovely. She added her signature to my Firefly DVD sleeve and like Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk before her also added her favorite line of dialogue from the series.

Briefly spoke to Helen Slater as she walked through the centre Saturday morning, and she looks even sexier than she did in Supergirl. The word 'marriage' sprang to mind. No CDs for sale though.

Leslie Phillips was the highlight of my weekend though. He signed a pic for me and then accepted the offer to do the voicemail message on my phone. He did his 'heeelloo' and added 'to any ladies who are calling.... Ding Dong!' to the end. His queue was huge too but he didn't rush anyone and was a true gentleman.

I am back home. I left C12 on Saturday afternoon and just back from an old friend's wedding reception (fancy having that on a Collectormania weekend).

I had a great time. I met Jewell Staite and Kevin Sorbo who were both very nice. I enjoyed checking out the dealers stalls (even bought an old Buffy figure I wanted, quite a find :YAHOO:)

I like Collectormanias the best, there is something original about holding it the events hall of the MK shopping centre that makes it stand out from all the other events. It also provides more places to eat, go for coffee and if you need anything all the shops are there. I also like visiting Milton Keynes, I really like the style of the town and it makes a change from always visiting London for cons. I also like X-cape centre, especially for the bowling on Friday night.

The only minor dissapointments were no O.C. photos of Kevin Sorbo (O.C. was the reason I met him). Also no party, I couldn't have attended on this occasion, but have been to every other party held at Collectormanias. It really helps make the weekend.

Roll on C13. Looking forward to it already.

This was my first Collectormania - I had a great time. It was my Sunday to entertain the nephews and I thought two very young boys (7 and 5) at a venue like this do not go together - I was wrong. They had a great time having photos taken (of them) with the Tardis, Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper. My wife was there to meet Ethan Phillips, who was a total gentleman and made an effort to chat to Roz and the boys and have a photo taken. My day was made 'cos I got to meet Marina Sirtis and Elizabeth Sladen - both lovely, lovely ladies who, again, happily posed for photos. The boys have made me promise to take them to the next one.... :YAHOO:

I had a great day. I could only come Sunday so I was a bit disappointed that I was too late to meet James, and that Danny wasn't going to be there. But it was good in a way because I met Matthew and Erick instead and they were lovely. Jewel was the only one I was going to see that was there all day and I've heard so many great stories about how nice she is and they are so right. She had a nice chat with me and shook my hand.

I got a nice picture with Erick as well and he was really chatty and even said hello to and shook my friend's hand who came with me to take the picture. I was really glad I decided to meet him.

Here are some of my pictures

MeetingMatthewJohnArmstrongHeroes.jpg

ShakingJewelshand.jpg

MeetingJewelStaite.jpg

MeandErickAvari.jpg

Edited by Agent Bristow

I just got back from a great day out - thankyou SM!

I had photoshoots with the lovely James KL and Matthew JA.

I also got an autograph from George Takei who was so sweet - he even started singing to me :YAHOO:

He was amazing to meet and very happy ^_^

Would loved to have met Jewel and Erick unfortunately I did not have enough money =[

Edited by domino

I wasn't in any rush to post my comments about C12 yesterday as I wasn't highly impressed. It was bedlam. The only time it was quiet was when the crowds FINALLY started to disappear around 4.15-4.30 pm. If there enough excellent guests at C13 in May 2008 and they are attending on the Friday I will go on the Friday. I'm not going again on a Saturday or Sunday. I'm not being over dramatic. Everyone is entitled to their comments.

I was just not overly impressed in hindsight. One of the highlights was meeting and speaking to the crew of SFX magazine at their stand. They were interested in what I had to say about the sci-fi and genre TV shows they cover and their magazine. Some or most of the guests didn't seem too interested in what I had to say. One or two other guests it felt like you were being shunted along (the George Takei and Michael Shanks queues I'm thinking of).

Collectormania 10 was going to be a hard one to beat. Elizabeth Rohm remains the most friendly, appreciative, talkative and considerate guest I've met at Collectormania. And Megan Gallagher and Peter Graves were excellent guests as well.

The other highlight was speaking to some (I stress 'some' as the other SM crew members didn't come across as friendly and talkative) of the SM crew. I must mention the bloke who was on the George Romero crew. I had to come back later as that queue was being closed after the remaining members of the public had been up to George Romero, because he was going off to do a photoshoot. Also an older woman with dark hair and glasses who was on the side of the hall where George Romero was I think. I hope the three young women (in their 20s I'm guessing) who were taking the money for the autographs post here. One of them asked where I was from. I found out they're not that far from me. The other two women were friendly.

Sadly I didn't meet any forum members.

I'm thinking people didn't come up to me and ask about the horror films website I was helping to promote (I was wearing a dark grey t-shirt with an eye-design in white), because of the design on it. I wasn't asked about it at the SFX stand either. Never mind. I just hope someone has thought about having a look on the website.

Of the few guests I found to be friendly I thought Jewel Staite was nice, as was Helen Slater.

Edited by SunSpeed

I had a greatday today met some new friends took part in the cosplay comp and got a hug from reno =D

didnt meet any guest though :D but i had fun looking a lemon walking around in my cosplay outfit (i was the blonde haired guy in a cloak with clouds on if anyones wondering) id defo come again :)

I had a brilliant time at C12.

Met Michael Shanks who, even though he was very busy at the time, was friendly, and the auto I got from him made me laugh. I had picked a picture of both Daniel Jackson and Thor, and he signed it both from Michael Shanks and Thor.

Chris Judge was great, very energetic and friendly.. odd to see with long hair though...

George Takei was cool, made a few enigmatic comments about his character in Heroes season 2.. which considering how the season has gone for him so far should be interesting..

Then I met Jewel Staite. She was sooooo lovely. Did a photoshoot with her which was great, and later she autographed it with the quote "Tell me I'm pretty.." one of my favourite Kaylee quotes.

I had a greatday today met some new friends took part in the cosplay comp and got a hug from reno =D

didnt meet any guest though :D but i had fun looking a lemon walking around in my cosplay outfit (i was the blonde haired guy in a cloak with clouds on if anyones wondering) id defo come again :)

I loved your cloak =]

didnt meet any guest though :unsure: but i had fun looking a lemon walking around in my cosplay outfit (i was the blonde haired guy in a cloak with clouds on if anyones wondering) id defo come again :)

I loved your cloak =]

Thankyou =D it wasnt the best thing to wear though was getting abit hot in it XD

and the shoes were impossible to walk in

I had a really great day today, thanks to everyone involved! :unsure: And I don't think my nephew had too bad a time either.

I got autographs and photoshoots with JKL and MJA, both of whom seemed lovely. My nephew got Chris Judge's autograph.

Great selection of stalls though I don't tend to buy anything from them. But today I bought three beanie babies woo :P

So yes. Great show -_-

I wasn't in any rush to post my comments about C12 yesterday as I wasn't highly impressed. It was bedlam. The only time it was quiet was when the crowds FINALLY started to disappear around 4.15-4.30 pm. If there enough excellent guests at C13 in May 2008 and they are attending on the Friday I will go on the Friday. I'm not going again on a Saturday or Sunday. I'm not being over dramatic. Everyone is entitled to their comments.

I'm surprised to hear you say that, I thought for a Saturday at CM it was pretty quiet (relativley speaking of course!) Especially given there were a few Heroes guests there.

saturday was a bit manic with danny and tamer but i finally got to meet them again... and danny remembered me which made the wait just that little bit better lol!

i also met stanislav and he was really nice!

sunday was a bit calmer and just bought loads of stuff on the stalls lol :hathor: