Back from C12

Raylenth

Arrived at 9am to find that Helen Slater was going to be late.

Got to see Jewel again,and have a quick chat.There are some Stargate pics of her about,so that was great instead of Firefly/Serenity again.

Helen still had not arrived by 3pm,due to travel problems to the event,so i had to leave.No idea if she turned up.

Really sad that i did not get to meet her,she was my main reason for going this time and i cant do any other days.... :P

Hope she appears again at a future event.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to see Jewel again,and have a quick chat.There are some Stargate pics of her about,so that was great instead of Firefly/Serenity again.

Helen still had not arrived by 3pm,due to travel problems to the event,so i had to leave.No idea if she turned up.

Really sad that i did not get to meet her,she was my main reason for going this time and i cant do any other days.... :P

accourding to another thread she arrived at 4, so you just missed out.

I hope she comes tomorrow

She did look pretty good, I have to admit!

She's very nice :P Met her at a previous CM and she was very happy to chat about anything and everything (had some choice words to say about the director of the Star Trek:Nemesis film for one thing), no rush and more than happy to have a photo taken - in fact she asked me if I wanted one before I'd got round to asking if it was ok :) Very down to earth (probably from being from London) and a lovely lady (even if, according to IMDB, she's a Spurs fan).

She's been to a few SM events now so I don't think she'll be too busy but well worth your time if you have any interest in what she's done.

She didn't want to do them last week!!!

She did look pretty good, I have to admit!

She's very nice :YAHOO: Met her at a previous CM and she was very happy to chat about anything and everything (had some choice words to say about the director of the Star Trek:Nemesis film for one thing), no rush and more than happy to have a photo taken - in fact she asked me if I wanted one before I'd got round to asking if it was ok :) Very down to earth (probably from being from London) and a lovely lady (even if, according to IMDB, she's a Spurs fan).

She's been to a few SM events now so I don't think she'll be too busy but well worth your time if you have any interest in what she's done.

She didn't want to do them last week!!!

Was she at that one? Hmmm. well that's a pity. Maybe there was a reason for that but I can only go by what I experienced previously and saw today.

Really sad that i did not get to meet her,she was my main reason for going this time and i cant do any other days.... :YAHOO:

accourding to another thread she arrived at 4, so you just missed out.

I hope she comes tomorrow

Oh man,i can't believe it !!

I am gutted that i have missed out on Helen.I just had to leave,i had 3hours stuck in traffic as it was.

Hopefully there will be another chance to meet her in the future.......

I dropped by today just to look round and get my photoshoot ticket with Matthew John Armstrong.

And my my did he look gorgeous! :dance:

I can't wait to meet him on Sunday and James KL too.

Maybe even George Takei - he seemed very nice - just hope i have enough money left :YAHOO:

I dropped by today just to look round and get my photoshoot ticket with Matthew John Armstrong.

And my my did he look gorgeous! :dance:

Maybe even George Takei - he seemed very nice - just hope i have enough money left :YAHOO:

Met George a few years ago at C4 I think it was. Very nice man, caught him on the first day and he'd just flown in. Was very tired but was generous, kept smiling and had time to chat. I'd just read his autobiography and spoke to him about some of the interesting things in that. Even thanked me for coming to see him.

No idea how he was today but I'd say go for it if he's anything like how I found him.

Good to hear all the Heroes guests were there today even though it says James and Matthew says 'Saturday and Suday'

We're the Heroes guests busy? It's not going to be like LFCC again is it?

Did they all pose for photos when meeting them?

Got posed photos with Eric and Jason no problem. Matthew had signs up "No Posed Photos", asked on the off chance as there was no queue and you could only take a photo of him. Didn't bother.

And my my did he look gorgeous! :vader:

Maybe even George Takei - he seemed very nice - just hope i have enough money left :thumbup:

Met George a few years ago at C4 I think it was. Very nice man, caught him on the first day and he'd just flown in. Was very tired but was generous, kept smiling and had time to chat. I'd just read his autobiography and spoke to him about some of the interesting things in that. Even thanked me for coming to see him.

No idea how he was today but I'd say go for it if he's anything like how I found him.

Cool ^_^

I'm so excited.

Does anyone know if George allows posed photos?

My friend got a George Takei auto for me today and apparently he's lovely :thumbup:

That's good to hear. He struck me as being genuinely pleased to see people.

Can we have Bill Shatner and Leonard Nimoy now please, so I can get the swcond sigs on these :vader:

I'd imagine the experience with those wouldn't be as good. I got Bill's sig at CM8 and it wasn't a very good experience - just rushed through, he didn't even look up most of the time - but it was a rare opportunity so I put up with it.

I'd expect Leonard Nimoy to be similar if he was ever to attend due to the rarity of the appearance and popularity. But I'd still go for it.

All the other Trek guests I've met have been great though.

Would like to get the Firefly / Serenity guys back now having met Jewel. I missed the ones who came to CM9 unfortunately.

met George Takei on friday.

excellent guest.

very friendly & chatty,

i'm normally not one for chatting with guests but had a chat with him about my theories on Heroes.

he wouldn't give anything away but did say i was on the right lines regarding the history of his own character as well as others in the show.

he was happy to have photos taken.

also met Erick Avari, George Romero, the gorgeous Jewel Staite.

plus the added bonus of James Kyson Lee arriving in the afternoon which meant i didnt need to go back today.

Fridays are great if all the guests you want are there.

so much easier and relaxed.

My friend got a George Takei auto for me today and apparently he's lovely :D

Can we have Bill Shatner and Leonard Nimoy now please, so I can get the swcond sigs on these :P

I'd imagine the experience with those wouldn't be as good. I got Bill's sig at CM8 and it wasn't a very good experience - just rushed through, he didn't even look up most of the time - but it was a rare opportunity so I put up with it.

I'd expect Leonard Nimoy to be similar if he was ever to attend due to the rarity of the appearance and popularity. But I'd still go for it.

Would like to get the Firefly / Serenity guys back now having met Jewel. I missed the ones who came to CM9 unfortunately.

I too met William Shatner and once got past JCB found him to be OK, despite being rushed we managed a brief few words, a handshake and he thanked me for coming...can we not mix up the issues of the above lady (who I chose to ignore despite her screaming at me throughout the entire and regrettably brief meeting ) with the legend that is Bill Shatner.

As far as Leonard Nmoy is concerned, met him at another event a couple of years ago and found him polite, approachable and happy to respond to questions. He was also happy to pose for photographs at that event despite being quite busy.

Would very much like to see both of them at a future CM or LFCC but understand that they are severely limiting the number of signing events they do now.

I too met William Shatner and once got past JCB found him to be OK, despite being rushed we managed a brief few words, a handshake and he thanked me for coming...can we not mix up the issues of the above lady (who I chose to ignore despite her screaming at me throughout the entire and regrettably brief meeting ) with the legend that is Bill Shatner.

Bill is a legend which is why I put up with the whole being rushed through thing. Didn't really need to be like that though as he soon got through the virtual tickets that had been handed out and was an open Q when I went through and that was before lunchtime :) But I kinda knew it would be like that so didn't raise a fuss.

As far as Leonard Nmoy is concerned, met him at another event a couple of years ago and found him polite, approachable and happy to respond to questions. He was also happy to pose for photographs at that event despite being quite busy.

Would very much like to see both of them at a future CM or LFCC but understand that they are severely limiting the number of signing events they do now.

Would love to meet Leonard, however brief it may be. Good to hear you had a nice experience with him, he does seem like a nice guy, it's just that it sometimes seems people are rushed past the really big guests and not given any time with them which is a pity when it's a rare appearance.

Will be very interesting to see how Patrick Stewart fares at C13. Someone was able to get me his auto from LFCC but I'd still like to actually shake his hand or even get a photo - whether it's at the table or a photo session.

Doesn't seem to have been any negative comments about C12 so far which is great. I look forward to reading more as the weekend progresses.

My friend got a George Takei auto for me today and apparently he's lovely :D

Can we have Bill Shatner and Leonard Nimoy now please, so I can get the second sigs on these :P

I got Bills at C8 and, to be honest, he made the effort to look up and smile at me, started to say something but had the next load of pictures literally shoved in his eyeline by the legendary JCB, so I blame her entirely :P The poor guy was probably sick of the sight of Branflakes too, as everyone thought they were being original by giving him a box to sign!

Edited by sazzra

Met Leonard a few years ago and have to say he was a lovely man, and joy of joy, the definatley not lovely JCB was nowhere in sight!! Unlike Bill, took the time to say a quick, 'hello' & 'thanks' which make all the difference, fingers crossed he does a showmasters especially with the upcoming new film.

Mind you, Bill's guest talk was great, almost worth being treated like cattle for the auto session.

Roll on Patrick @ C13

I got Bills at C8 and, to be honest, he made the effort to look up and smile at me, started to say something but had the next load of pictures literally shoved in his eyeline by the legendary JCB, so I blame her entirely :D

That was probably why I didn't get any response although I tried to say something. I didn't blame him and it was great SM were able to get him there and I'm glad I got his auto but would have liked the opportunity to at least say something or ask a question.

The poor guy was probably sick of the sight of Branflakes too, as everyone thought they were being original by giving him a box to sign!

That probably didn't help. I remember lots of people doing that. Not very funny.

Ah well, I look forward to the opportunity to meet Mr Nimoy - even just an acknowledgment and maybe a handshake can make a huge difference to the experience and doesn't hold anyone up.

Is JAMES KYSON LEE possing for photos.

Somebody said he was yesterday but I think everyone was. Don't know about today although be aware it can sometimes change over the weekend if it gets really busy but hopefully you won't have any problems.

He had a sign saying no posed pictures but someone in front of me managed to get a quick snap with him on a mobile phone camera. To be honest the two Heroes guests I saw, James and Matthew John Armstrong, were no where near as busy as I thought they would be. The first queue I got in was George Takei's so I wasn't waiting in the Heroes queue at 9am. I still ended up with tickets in the low hundreds which seemed OK, but when I went back at about 10-10.30 Matthew didn't have a queue at all and James' wasn't that long.

Main event of the day seemed to be Leslie Phillips, he had a long queue from virtually the moment he arrived to when I left at 1pm. He was really good, chatting, personalising and posing for photos. Plus he made an effort with dedications, seemed to put some thought into each one. An example a lot of guests could learn from.

All in all I thought it was a good day, certainly less hectic than other CM's I've been to, only downside for me was forgetting to bring a DVD along I wanted Ian MacNeice to sign!