Back from C12

Raylenth

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got back from saturdays C12 and managed to meet everyone that we wanted :P

We got James Kyson Lee and Matthew John Armstrong first. There was nobody in Matthews queue!! They were both great and james couldn't stop smiling!

Then we met Michael and Chris again and they were as lovely as ever and Chris just laughs constantly!

Then Jewel who was so sweet and I loved her orange nails!! Apparently she'd love to go shopping on Bond Street!

George Takei who actually said thank you for us being patient :P

Then Erick Avari who's one of the nicest people I've ever met! he even wrote on the autograph " you rock" How sweet!! Got a posed photo! YAY!

Then finally Kevin Sorbo, for my mum, who was really nice too and i got a posed photo with him too

But then i got a professional photo with michael and then Chris which both turned out great as:

1. They were smiling

2. I didn't look drunk like I did in my Adrian and Milo photo

3. I actually looked pretty good :D

So all in all it was a pretty great day :P

just got back from saturdays C12 and managed to meet everyone that we wanted :P

Always makes for a good day :)

Then we met Michael and Chris again and they were as lovely as ever and Chris just laughs constantly!

Noticed that yesterday too.

But then i got a professional photo with michael and then Chris which both turned out great as:

1. They were smiling

2. I didn't look drunk like I did in my Adrian and Milo photo

3. I actually looked pretty good :D

So all in all it was a pretty great day :P

I'm jealous. I came so close to buying tickets for the photoshoots yesterday but just couldn't afford it - £20 when they don't even have proper studio lighting is a bit much really but I'd still have liked a photo with both of them and I hate photos of me - need to get down the gym again.

I still half wish I'd had the bottle to ask Michael for a sneaky photo when I saw him on his own on a break yesterday as I went back to my car but he deserves some privacy away from all the signing.

Edited by sugar_mouse

As far as I noticed they all had open or very short queues by the end of the day. I left before 4!

That's a little reassuring although i'll still worried that 11am will be too late, even though they don't open till 10am.

I've got the whole day free up there so i should be OK. The horrors on the Heroes guests at LFCC still goes through my mind every day.

Would anyone else agree that i'll be OK if i arrive at 11am?

Edited by Mr Bennet

As far as I noticed they all had open or very short queues by the end of the day. I left before 4!

That's a little reassuring although i'll still worried that 11am will be too late, even though they don't open till 10am.

I've got the whole day free up there so i should be OK. The horrors on the Heroes guests at LFCC still goes through my mind every day.

Would anyone else agree that i'll be OK if i arrive at 11am?

It's hard to say. Personally I think you'd be ok if you can wait. Many of the times i've been even the really popular guests have open q's towards the end of the day and may be more willing to do a photo or whatever. Some will still be using tickets but if you're prepared to hang around you should be ok.

Get a VQ ticket when you arrive and just be prepared to wait. I don't think anyone is so popular this time that you'll have too much trouble. Could be wrong though, friday's are not a good representation of the rest of the weekend.

Though it might be worth asking around to see if anyone will be leaving early to catch a flight or something so you don't get caught out.

Hi there!

Total newb here at the forum (but not at C events) Just got back from C12 today (Sat). Was a really nice feel to the whole event. Didn't have to get there mega early, just 9.00am.

Only went down to see Jewel, George and Walter. Jewel was delightful to talk to and a very popular guest. No posed photos though. I didn't mind.

Walter Koenig was really patient and gracious when my camera went off and he waited for me to reset. Nice guy.

But George Takei, man what a Gent. Very rushed along because of volume but he managed a few words and a handshake even though he said he was rather pressured to speed up. He was really sincere and thanked me for coming. Yay!

Bring on Collectormania Gmex! I can't wait.

By the way, who is the dreaded JCB?

Photos below......

Cheers, Steve :)

jewelzm8.th.jpg

chekovma0.th.jpg

suluvy9.th.jpg

Oh, hey. Those of you who saw James, Michael, or Chris - how early did you get there and what ticket numbers did you end up with? Obviously it'll be different (well, probably) tomorrow with it being a Sunday, but I'm trying to decide what time to go.

Just got back. :wub:

Big ups for...well, all the guests I saw, really. First (ticket 002, no less) was George Takei, handshake, smiling, all round happy fellow. Unfortunately, I blinked during the photo. At least, I think I did. In the photo itself, it looks like I'm pretending to look 'cool'. Oh dear. Still, I can crop me out, and that leaves a nice photo of Takei doing the Vulcan hand salute.

Ian Mcneice - didn't actually go to meet him, but wish I had now. He seemed really nice, always smiling and taking the time to talk to everyone.

Tom Baker - what you'd expect. He's Tom. He da man.

Marina Sirtis - Wearing a outfit that practically screamed "Look at these!" . Great guest, got her to be the first sig on a TNG cast photo, and as someone else has said she asked if I wanted a photo with her before I did. The couple of front of me had two kids, and she insisted on a photo with them, sitting either side of her on the desk. :)

Mary Tamm - nice lady. 2 photos with her.

Robert Picardo - got up and left the moment I got to him. I thought he was clearing off for a break, and for a moment I felt all "How dare you, sir? Do you not know who I am? Have you no sense of decency?"...but in fact he'd gone to join Ethan Phillips in chatting to Leslie Phillips. I guess they must be fans of his, or something, because they both shook his hand.

Then he came back and shook my hand. "Sorry about that, thank you for being so patient." he said. "Ethan's been wanting to talk to him all morning, and I'd rather we'd waited until it was quieter...but he is my colleague, so I have to at least pretend to be civil to him." :unsure:

Very strange image of those two being fans of his though. :)

Who else...oh, Walter Koenig. Seemed a little quiet / distant / tired...

Oh, hey. Those of you who saw James, Michael, or Chris - how early did you get there and what ticket numbers did you end up with? Obviously it'll be different (well, probably) tomorrow with it being a Sunday, but I'm trying to decide what time to go.

i was handing out the tickets for Michael today and i handed out about 130 in the first 15 minutes after we opened. most of those were people that had been waiting for a while *since about 8am*

You know, I'm only going to see James. If you're really worried I can get tickets for the other three for you. I'm going to be there for opening.

You know you can only get one VT at a time, right? Well, that's what the rules say anyway - we don't mention LFaCC and Dom's queue :unsure: Just a warning, as generally you're told if you want more than one, you have to queue for each or go with the relevant number of people.

And don't forget the centre doesn't even open til something like 9am on Sundays....

James was down the side on the Next side of the shopping centre (I'm pretty sure thats right!)

Hmmmm. I'm getting a taxi from the travelodge because it turned out to be a bit further than I expected :unsure: Is there a road that side for him to drop me off or is it easy to skip around to the other side? I got dropped off on the other side earlier.

Edited by Psychosis

James was down the side on the Next side of the shopping centre (I'm pretty sure thats right!)

Hmmmm. I'm getting a taxi from the travelodge because it turned out to be a bit further than I expected :unsure: Is there a road that side for him to drop me off or is it easy to skip around to the other side? I got dropped off on the other side earlier.

I'll be honest and say I don't know! I always come from the train station so I'm not too familiar with the road workings. I asked the taxi driver this morning to take me to Middleton Hall and he seemed to drop me somewhere within striking distance, though I was still a bit blurry at that time!