Back from C12

Raylenth

Just got back in. I was only going to see Chris, Michael and Jewel so I was done fairly quickly. All 3 where at the event so came down and started signing at 9.30 so I was done by 10!

All three where in fine humour and photo's at the desk where allowed today (but it was quiet at that point)

DSCF0087.jpg

Photo taken by Jewel!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to an unexpectedly expensive month, I had to limit myself to only meeting one guest :hathor: Jewel it was and she was really lovely. I know it's always quieter on a friday but most lines were open q's. I didn't get there until after 10am and was able to walk straight through. She took time, very happy to have a photo taken and for the couple of mins I chatted to her, made me feel very special. In fact I think everyone was allowing photos including Michael Shanks and Chris Judge.

I've met Michael and Chris before but couldn't get photos then so was tempted to queue up or buy a ticket for the photo sesh tomorrow but it was just too much for me this month - car just been serviced, road tax due, football games to go to etc etc.

One regret - as I was walking back to my car I saw Michael Shanks outside on his own having a break. I was so tempted to be cheeky and ask for a quick photo but politeness took over and I just walked past. He's entitled to a bit of privacy and to get away from it all for a few mins so I just left him to it. Do regret a little bit not having the bottle to try though. Did I do the right thing?

Hope everyone going tomorrow gets everything they want from it and has a good time.

Edited by sugar_mouse

Due to an unexpectedly expensive month, I had to limit myself to only meeting one guest :( Jewel it was and she was really lovely. I know it's always quieter on a friday but most lines were open q's. I didn't get there until after 10am and was able to walk straight through. She took time, very happy to have a photo taken and for the couple of mins I chatted to her, made me feel very special. In fact I think everyone was allowing photos including Michael Shanks and Chris Judge.

I've met Michael and Chris before but couldn't get photos then so was tempted to queue up or buy a ticket for the photo sesh tomorrow but it was just too much for me this month - car just been serviced, road tax due, football games to go to etc etc.

One regret - as I was walking back to my car I saw Michael Shanks outside on his own having a break. I was so tempted to be cheeky and ask for a quick photo but politeness took over and I just walked past. He's entitled to a bit of privacy and to get away from it all for a few mins so I just left him to it. Do regret a little bit not having the bottle to try though. Did I do the right thing?

Hope everyone going tomorrow gets everything they want from it and has a good time.

Well what with a few people dropping out last minute, I wasn't expecting people to say it was really busy today, especially as it is a Friday...

Hope tomorrow isn't as busy either (fingers, toes, everything crossed)

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Due to an unexpectedly expensive month, I had to limit myself to only meeting one guest :borg: Jewel it was and she was really lovely. I know it's always quieter on a friday but most lines were open q's. I didn't get there until after 10am and was able to walk straight through. She took time, very happy to have a photo taken and for the couple of mins I chatted to her, made me feel very special. In fact I think everyone was allowing photos including Michael Shanks and Chris Judge.

You did the right thing, I think :hathor:

Aaand all this has made me change my mind. I don't have anything for Michael or Chris to sign - and can't justify it for myself - but I can meet them to get a christmas present for a friend! LOL

I wonder if the half term kept the crowds away? A lot of people go on holidays in the half term now, maybe that can be a reason for today's quietness, even though Friday is usually less busy anyway.

I hope tomorrow isn't too manic. I'm dreading the crowds, fearing the worst!

It was possibly busier than I've seen it on other fridays but still pretty easy to see whoever you needed to.

I dare say it'll be much busier tomorrow though and more of a scramble for tickets.

You did the right thing, I think :hathor:

Thanks. I think so too on reflection. I was so tempted though.

Aaand all this has made me change my mind. I don't have anything for Michael or Chris to sign - and can't justify it for myself - but I can meet them to get a christmas present for a friend! LOL

I was nearly going to do that too. I have a friend who I know would appreciate it and I'd have got my photos but I really couldn't afford it. I'd budgeted enough before the event but have had some extra expense the last few weeks so nearly didn't go at all. Got some long-range photos though which look ok, so that'll do for this time :)

I had a really good morning :-) I went straight to meet Jewel who was lovely (again!) and then to meet George A. Romero. Also got to meet Michael Palin at the book signing, so that was awesome.

Plus I bought Claire's cheerleader top and a 'save the cheerleader' tshirt. So all in all very good. Definitely will try to go on friday again!!

2007_1026c120001.jpg

2007_1026c120008.jpg

I had a really good morning :-) I went straight to meet Jewel who was lovely (again!) and then to meet George A. Romero. Also got to meet Michael Palin at the book signing, so that was awesome.

Plus I bought Claire's cheerleader top and a 'save the cheerleader' tshirt. So all in all very good. Definitely will try to go on friday again!!

2007_1026c120001.jpg

2007_1026c120008.jpg

Do U have a pic of U & George?

I'm comin 2morrow, mainly meet him.

2007_1026c120001.jpg

2007_1026c120008.jpg

Nice pics. She looks great. I won't inflict my ugly mug on the world, I never look good in photos but happy enough to have got one as you don't always get the chance at these events.

Well done on meeting MP too. He's great.

Concerning Michael, did you see if he had 24 pics available to sign ?

Sorry, didn't get close enough to see what photos were available. Hopefully someone else can answer, though you may be able to find one on one of stalls.

I did look as I remembered this being asked before the event and I'm pretty sure there weren't any today. from what i remember it was all stargate and portfolio shots. That's not to say there won't be different stuff tomorrow. When you have your VQ ticket just ask if you can pop up and look at the photos, then if they don't have any tomorrow you can search the stalls.

Oh man, I so hope I can get a picture with Jewel tomorrow. She looks soooooo good in those pics.

Hopefully Marina Sirtis will be posing aswell. I dont have much money this event (£30 only) and I would really like to have pictures taken with the two lovely ladies.

Just got back in. I was only going to see Chris, Michael and Jewel so I was done fairly quickly. All 3 where at the event so came down and started signing at 9.30 so I was done by 10!

All three where in fine humour and photo's at the desk where allowed today (but it was quiet at that point)

DSCF0087.jpg

Photo taken by Jewel!

:P:wub:

Hopefully, I can get one tomorrow as well as the photoshoot.

I managed to meet Eric Avari, George Takei, Matthew John Armstrong AND James Kyson Lee all in the space of just over an hour!

I like it there on a Friday! Im going to do that more often!! :P

Edited by paul

is Marina Sirtis letting you do photos at table?

Yeah, I saw her posing with people! She didnt seem exceptionally busy though! She was running around like a "temptress" (George Takei's words, not mine) giving out doughnuts to the other guests at one point! She may be busier tomorrow!

is Marina Sirtis letting you do photos at table?

Yeah, I saw her posing with people! She didnt seem exceptionally busy though! She was running around like a "temptress" (George Takei's words, not mine) giving out doughnuts to the other guests at one point! She may be busier tomorrow!

thanks,

by the looks of the pic in her guest announcement thread she does look like a temptress.

http://www.moviemarket.co.uk/library/photos/266/266180.jpg

She did look pretty good, I have to admit!

She's very nice :P Met her at a previous CM and she was very happy to chat about anything and everything (had some choice words to say about the director of the Star Trek:Nemesis film for one thing), no rush and more than happy to have a photo taken - in fact she asked me if I wanted one before I'd got round to asking if it was ok :) Very down to earth (probably from being from London) and a lovely lady (even if, according to IMDB, she's a Spurs fan).

She's been to a few SM events now so I don't think she'll be too busy but well worth your time if you have any interest in what she's done.

Edited by sugar_mouse