Announcement for C13

Raylenth

we should at least be greatfull for the 4 hours that he was there for, shouldn't we?

If you're one of the lucky few that met him in those 4 hrs, yes otherwise NO!!

that is exactly what i was gonna say Nicky... it seems the people that sing Patrick's praises and say how good it was of him to be there were the ones that got to meet him, the other small country load who didnt are the ones that voice our displeasure and get hounded for it....

Does it matter, my friend didn't get to meet him and she wasn't that bothered, I said well they will probably get him back again, as I'm sure someone is making a lot of money out of him being here, no matter how long he is here for

And as someone else said a few post on

If the other option is that he doesn't come at all, then 4 hours is good though!

:headscratch:

LLAP :headscratch:

Does it matter, my friend didn't get to meet him and she wasn't that bothered,

No offence zebredy but yes, it does matter...

The whole point of having guests come to a con is so we (or at least a decent amount of us) get to meet them. It's all very good that some other people got to meet him but there are others here that feel that is no good to them as they didn't get to meet him and all because he only did 4hrs. It might be selfish but as I said, it's no good to us that others got to meet him if we didn't - it's not like we can share the auto or the expereince of meeting the guy with those that did. Maybe your friend wasn't that big a fan? :headscratch:

I'm waiting for someone to come up with the obligatory: "well you should get there earlier then". But then what if everyone gets there early, eh??

Edited by nicky

I'm waiting for someone to come up with the obligatory: "well you should get there earlier then".

Why would anyone else bring it up, when you've mentioned it yourself? :headscratch: Perhaps many of those who got autographs were not simply "lucky" but had made the effort to be there at a decent time to try to make sure that they didn't end up disappointed.

By the way, have you tried signing autographs for 4 hours? I haven't but I bet it gets more than a little tedious, possibly even painful.

I haven't been looking at these forums long but there seem to be some people who simply expect too much; it's alright for other people to be inconvenienced as long as they get what they want. It's rather unpleasant, to be honest.

I'm waiting for someone to come up with the obligatory: "well you should get there earlier then".
Why would anyone else bring it up, when you've mentioned it yourself? :rolleyes: Perhaps many of those who got autographs had made the effort to be there at a decent time to try to make sure that they didn't end up disappointed.

I mentioned it so nobody would mention it but you did anyway but in a more polite and less predicatble way. :rolleyes:

have you tried signing autographs for 4 hours? I haven't but I bet it gets more than a little tedious, possibly even painful.

Patrick Stewart knew originally he was meant to be there all day (but it turns out he couldn't). If he's tedious of signing or in pain for signing for 4 hrs then he shouldn't say he's willing to do a full day like SM asked him to. But anyway it wasnt cos he was tired from signing, it was cos he had to catch a plane to go to work.

Edited by nicky

I haven't been looking at these forums long but there seem to be some people who simply expect too much; it's alright for other people to be inconvenienced as long as they get what they want. It's rather unpleasant, to be honest.

Trust me, this is pretty tame compared to what people want. I didnt attend LFCC where Patrick Stewart was at but I understand people's concerns that he only did 4hrs insted of a full day as he was contracted and asked to by SM and expected to by the fans...and he knew all that. StillI don't blame him - work commitments reared it's ugly head in this case.

Trust me, this is pretty tame compared to what people want. I didnt attend LFCC where Patrick Stewart was at but I understand people's concerns that he only did 4hrs insted of a full day as he was contracted and asked to by SM and expected to by the fans...and he knew all that. StillI don't blame him - work commitments reared it's ugly head in this case.

Work is work! If the man couldn't sign for longer because he had to work - or for any other important reason, for that matter - then he had to go! I don't know the details but, unless he deliberately left early to spite his fans, then there's no grounds for getting upset with him about it! Sure, disappointed, but not angry!

Perhaps getting to the queue earlier next time might be a good idea, just in case. :rolleyes:

Perhaps getting to the queue earlier next time might be a good idea, just in case. ;)

I said I wasn't actually there last time but I could sympathise for the other fans who thought he was gonna be there all day but only found out he wouldnt be there a full day at the very last minute.

Anyway if I did want to meet him badly and did go early what if everyone had the same idea as me? Go even earlier than them? But what ifother people had the same idea to go even earlier too? Go yet even earlier then them...but what if they again think of that too, go even more early...but what if they ect ect etc. Point being there's always someone willing to go further than you and there's always gonna be someone at the back of the queue.

Yes, I could get to C13 early like you said for next time but I wont go any earlier than usual as I'm not a huge fan and I'd like to get my money's worth by having a brief hello and get to ask one question at least. I'd still like to meet him but wont push the boat out if he's mega busy as the meeting is more important to me than the actual sig and I dont wanna be rushed through.

Edited by nicky

I said wasn't actually there but I could sympathise for the other fans who thought he was gonna be there all day

Yes, and they might want to try getting there early, just in case. In the end, there is never any guarantee that everyone in a autograph queue (or many other queues) that everyone will get what they want. That's just the nature of "the beast"! I have stood in long queues for hours and ended up disappointed. But, in the end, I realise that things don't always work out the way I'd like them to.

I suspect that the people who most want any particular autograph are likely to be there earlier anyway, as they're more determined to get their "prize". If someone simply can't get there early and misses out because of it, then that's simply bad luck.

Why would anyone else bring it up, when you've mentioned it yourself? :rolleyes: Perhaps many of those who got autographs had made the effort to be there at a decent time to try to make sure that they didn't end up disappointed.

I mentioned it so nobody would mention it but you did anyway but in a more polite and less predicatble way. :rolleyes:

have you tried signing autographs for 4 hours? I haven't but I bet it gets more than a little tedious, possibly even painful.

Patrick Stewart knew originally he was meant to be there all day (but it turns out he couldn't). If he's tedious of signing or in pain for signing for 4 hrs then he shouldn't say he's willing to do a full day like SM asked him to. But anyway it wasnt cos he was tired from signing, it was cos he had to catch a plane to go to work.

But if they had told everyone in advance that Patrick was only going to do 4hrs think of the chaoes. Can you emagine how many people would have turned up early (cause not everyone there wanted to see the Heroes lot, or both Patrick and the Heroes lot)

Add that to the people who came purely for the Heroes peeps and it would have been murder getting in, I can see it being worse then it already was.

Can't people just leave it as it is and be thankfull for what they got? Going on about it like this, isn't going to change anything, is it?

:o

LLAP ;)

Going on about it like this, isn't going to change anything, is it?

Very unlikely. But I disagree about not letting people know in advance about the curtailed autograph session. If that's what happened - attendees still thought he was signing all day whereas it was known that he was leaving early - then I would rather that people knew the truth. Yes, that might have caused quite a crowd to form but at least anyone who was really bothered about getting his autograph would have known the score and had a chance to change their plans accordingly, if required.

As you so rightly say, going on about it won't change anything about that particular day. It's gone. I'm certain that everyone has better things to do than extend this thread. I for one do!

im no longer goin to mention how it was only the ppl that actually got to meet him that dont complain about the time he was there for anymore either....

i would however like to know who the 3rd confirmed guest for CM13 is please?

anybody??

What the hell happened to my last post, the other half has disappered!!!! I didnt edit it!!

Can't people just leave it as it is and be thankfull for what they got? Going on about it like this, isn't going to change anything, is it?

Tell that to history teachers.:lol: No, it's not gonna change anything but it'll help in learning from past errors and making a better future for our children.

God save us all. :chair:

Edited by nicky

I think it's worth pointing out that Showmasters have learned from the complaints that were made - with this weekend's Collectormania a change to a guest's commitments was highlighted both on the website and on the forums on the Saturday night. With Patrick Stewart's availability they didn't find out about the change until the Sunday morning of LFACC so they couldn't publicise it in advance. (N.B. - I didn't get his autograph, although I did attend LFACC that day.)