Heroes convention? is it genuine

kehlan

this event is being advertsised

http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/eclipse/

It claims to be run by the same people who run showmasters.... I have emailed showmasters to ask if this is genuine or not but wondered in the meantime if anyone else knows anything about it.

It seems odd to me for the following reasons....

showmasters have worked hard over the years to build up a reputation for themselves....Why would they start again with a new name and having made the decision to seperate themselves from the original showmasters name, why then claim to be part of it.

I may be overly suspicious but its not the first time someone has tried to pull off a scam like this.

If I am wrong (and I very much hope I am wrong) then I apologise to showmasters and Massive Events for my suspicion.

Kehlan

If you look in the forum categories, you will see one for eclipse. Its same thing, same people. Massive Events are SM. Its a name I think to separate the small conventions from the massive signing shows.

Ah, so thats where it was hiding. I'm glad it was genuine. I just know too many people who got stung the last time someone tried a scam and unfortunately it does happen. Seemed like a good idea to just ask the question directly.

As I said in my question, i apologise for any offence caused by the question.

I am very glad i was wrong.

Kehlan

If you look in the forum categories, you will see one for eclipse. Its same thing, same people. Massive Events are SM. Its a name I think to separate the small conventions from the massive signing shows.

do you mean like Collectormania & London & Film Convention, the name?