if anyone wants me to appear then that will be fine

michaelrc123

I was in a MAJOR Turkish pop video (Tarkan, since you ask). I'm front and centre, sitting on a fountain, clearly mouthing the words 'What on earth is that *&())^£%^% doing ^%$^&"%$ about in the middle of a %^$££*$^%* shopping centre. £^%$*"%$&*$!!!!!'

• Showmasters Admin

When I was 18 I was in a documentary (only shown on Devon TV) about what it's like being tall :borg:

Got re-shown when I was 21 and I was off work ill that day and my boss thought I'd taken the day off to do the filming. He did expect after I pointed it out that it was highly unlikely that the documentary had been shot and shown the same day. And I looked a whole lot younger too ;)

When I was 18 I was in a documentary (only shown on Devon TV) about what it's like being tall :thumbup:

Got re-shown when I was 21 and I was off work ill that day and my boss thought I'd taken the day off to do the filming. He did expect after I pointed it out that it was highly unlikely that the documentary had been shot and shown the same day. And I looked a whole lot younger too ;)

My old youth "queer" group were doing a documentary (I think Channel 5 were going to show it), on what it's like to be gay. I skipped that week.

Doesn't get irritating being asked all the time? (My best friend is the shortest in her family at 6'2" and it really bugs her everyone commenting on it.)

• Showmasters Admin

Doesn't get irritating being asked all the time? (My best friend is the shortest in her family at 6'2" and it really bugs her everyone commenting on it.)

To be honest I gave up worrying about it years ago. People are always going to comment on my height. I can't stop them and most people are just interested.

It's a social thing. Because height is considered to be a positive thing, people don't see any problem with commenting on it. Were as being short/bald/fat/hairy are all considered as socially negative and so no one (not being very rude) would say anything to a complete stranger about them.

"Hey aren't you tall?", or "How tall are you?", is considered fine by most people but "Hey aren't you short/bald/fat/hairy!" or "How short/fat are you?" isn't.

I just try and take it as a compliment and get on with my day. There's no point in getting annoyed about it or I'd live my life constantly stressed.

Edited by Too Tall

To be honest I gave up worrying about it years ago. People are always going to comment on my height. I can't stop them and most people are just interested. I just try and take it as a compliment and get on with my day. There's no point in getting annoyed about it or I'd live my life constantly stressed.

Your luckly, wish I was tall. Ok so I'm not as short as some people (5ft 1) but I also look young and so being small doesn't help...

Many times I have been told I'm not old enough, even when going to get a lottery ticket, and I'm 26 in December...

I also have kiddie sized hands (which isn't a bad thing has kids gloves are always a lot cheaper then adults) but like you I have learnt to live with it...

Strange thing is, I used to have a friend (won't mention his name here) who was 7ft2 but seemed to be afraid of his own shaddow, even got off the bus when two 8 year olds had a go at him about his height, he thought they were going to start a fight, and so was so scared he decided to get of the bus two stiops early... poor guy

Think that was partly down to the fact that he was always bullied at school because of his height, why people are like that to others just cause they look different I will never understand.

;)

LLAP :thumbup:

Your luckly, wish I was tall. Ok so I'm not as short as some people (5ft 1) but I also look young and so being small doesn't help...

Many times I have been told I'm not old enough, even when going to get a lottery ticket, and I'm 26 in December...

I also have kiddie sized hands (which isn't a bad thing has kids gloves are always a lot cheaper then adults) but like you I have learnt to live with it...

Hehe, I know how that feels. I'm 20 but 4'11 with a baby face, the drivers give me free bus fare in London for being a child! :thumbup:;)

i was at a gig the other day and there was a girl there who was tall enough that she had to duck to get through the doors, some guy said "bloody hell you're tall" as he walked pass. She just shrugged it off with a smile but the guys friend who was tall enough apologised for him....

just depends on how quick your braiin works i guess....

Hehe, I know how that feels. I'm 20 but 4'11 with a baby face, the drivers give me free bus fare in London for being a child! :borg::thumbup:

Sadly can't get away with that anymore, was stopped once, and my friend lied and said I was her younger sister, good thing we looked a little similar...

;)

LLAP :borg:

• Showmasters Admin

Strange thing is, I used to have a friend (won't mention his name here) who was 7ft2 but seemed to be afraid of his own shaddow, even got off the bus when two 8 year olds had a go at him about his height, he thought they were going to start a fight, and so was so scared he decided to get of the bus two stiops early... poor guy

Think that was partly down to the fact that he was always bullied at school because of his height, why people are like that to others just cause they look different I will never understand.

I met a guy like that about 15 years ago. He never went out socially because people would look at him.

When I was 15 I hit 6'5" and decided I couldn't hide from it, I was tall and that's it. I did get some bullying at school because I different. Even ongoing out with friends I'd sometimes get idoits starting fights with me just to prove something.

I know tall guys in there 30s that still get idiots trying it on in pubs. I am lucky that I filled out and at over 20 stone people don't tend to try it on.

I know it's a lot more difficult for tall girls.