Guest Cancellation Jacqueline McKenzie

showmasters

The short version is also that the other event spent a lot of money flying Richard and Jacqui over (there's a whole thing about showmasters offering to contribute, etc that I'm not getting into!), while I think Marina lives here (or was here) anyway, so less expense.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been explained but I didn't mean for Showmasters to pay their rival for the tickets but for Showmasters to buy their own tickets.

I refer you to Jason's post>>>

Yes, I know hence the, "This has been explained" at the beginning of the sentence. I was referring to my original post before said explanation.

Rival businesses don't all get along in the real world and I can understand if the rival here was aggrieved with the situation.

A bit of a sweeping statement as Jason has already listed numerous other organisers he works well with. But I can understand where you plucked that statement with regards to Showmasters and the other organiser.

Not really. I was aware of what Jason said, I read his post. These two organisers don't get along so isn't my "Rival businesses don't all get along" statement true, particularly in this case?

But, at the end of the day, unless the other organiser inserted a clause in the contract of both guests stating that they couldn't attend any events a certain time either side of his event, then he has nothing to be agrieved about.

Jason has said they don't get along at all so if that's true then perhaps they felt angry about doing all the work to get them here and then them offering to go to Collectormania? Or setting a precedent that they didn't want as I mentioned before?

It is a sad and sorry state of affairs that this debate is one sided and the other organiser has thus far declined to post a statement.

They don't get along so I doubt they're going to come on here and explain everything.

Regardless, as someone said earlier, this is a pointless argument that can go on forever.

Firstly, the part of my post that you quoted was part of exchange of posts between myself and Floorplay. So, I have in no way accused you of anything as your post can read. Also, the partial comment you quoted of "Once again, you are missing" is something directed at Floorplay and not you or anyone else.

Yes, you're right. I used your sentence, but you were not the only one using this argue of guest contacting SM. So what i said is not against you. I know there was nothing againts me, like my comment wasn't against you. :P I quote your sentence because it was a good example for what i wanted to say : when people argue with something Jason said. That's why i quoted you. :borg: (I should have to quote the complete sentence, you're right :borg: )

As regards exaggeration and neutrality, only Jason, the two guests and the other organsier can confirm or deny. If you read my posts in their entirity and where they are posted in tghe topic, you will see that I give a neutral view on the facts presented. If the other organiser is not putting his point forward, then we can only go on the facts as presented by Showmasters.

100% agreed with you. That's exactly what i said : it would be interesting to have the opinion of everybody (Jacqueline, Richard and John Do :P ) too...

I cannot see anyone being naive enough to think that Showmaster's side is the only side, but standing back and looking at the posts by Jason, I still ask these questions:

1. Why would Jason lie, or exaggerate something that can be later shot down by a guest denying it?

2. Why would Jason risk the good name that he and other Showmasters staff have built up over the years for two guests?

3. What has Jason to or Showmasters to gain from misleading people? If he announces a guest is coming, and then changes it to a rescheduled or cancelled appearance, no matter how long between the confirmation and cancellation has passed...he will always gets someone come out with the "false advertising" spiel that has popped up as of late, or something similar.

First of all, Remember that i began my last message telling that "i was not telling that someone was lying" ;)

You're right to ask these questions (I [and everybody] have our personnal answers to these questions :borg: ). But there's another question : Why did he say what he said ? I think this subject should have to stay between organisers and it was not a very good idea to say what he said... I think it's a problem between organisers and we have not to discuss about that. But HE decided to open a public discution... so he has to accept the consequences :P But for me it's a useless discution. They are not coming and we should not have to know the reasons why they don't come... (he could use a neutral sentence to announce their cancelation. But to announce that like that, he has to expect that some reaction would be a little rude...)

I think we are losing time. It's better to speak about guests who will be there next weekend and the great time we will spend in Milton Keynes :D:D

Firstly, the part of my post that you quoted was part of exchange of posts between myself and Floorplay. So, I have in no way accused you of anything as your post can read. Also, the partial comment you quoted of "Once again, you are missing" is something directed at Floorplay and not you or anyone else.

Yes, you're right. I used your sentence, but you were not the only one using this argue of guest contacting SM. So what i said is not against you. I know there was nothing againts me, like my comment wasn't against you. :P I quote your sentence because it was a good example for what i wanted to say : when people argue with something Jason said. That's why i quoted you. :borg: (I should have to quote the complete sentence, you're right :borg: )

As regards exaggeration and neutrality, only Jason, the two guests and the other organsier can confirm or deny. If you read my posts in their entirity and where they are posted in tghe topic, you will see that I give a neutral view on the facts presented. If the other organiser is not putting his point forward, then we can only go on the facts as presented by Showmasters.

100% agreed with you. That's exactly what i said : it would be interesting to have the opinion of everybody (Jacqueline, Richard and John Do :P ) too...

I cannot see anyone being naive enough to think that Showmaster's side is the only side, but standing back and looking at the posts by Jason, I still ask these questions:

1. Why would Jason lie, or exaggerate something that can be later shot down by a guest denying it?

2. Why would Jason risk the good name that he and other Showmasters staff have built up over the years for two guests?

3. What has Jason to or Showmasters to gain from misleading people? If he announces a guest is coming, and then changes it to a rescheduled or cancelled appearance, no matter how long between the confirmation and cancellation has passed...he will always gets someone come out with the "false advertising" spiel that has popped up as of late, or something similar.

First of all, Remember that i began my last message telling that "i was not telling that someone was lying" ;)

You're right to ask these questions (I [and everybody] have our personnal answers to these questions :borg: ). But there's another question : Why did he say what he said ? I think this subject should have to stay between organisers and it was not a very good idea to say what he said... I think it's a problem between organisers and we have not to discuss about that. But HE decided to open a public discution... so he has to accept the consequences :P But for me it's a useless discution. They are not coming and we should not have to know the reasons why they don't come... (he could use a neutral sentence to announce their cancelation. But to announce that like that, he has to expect that some reaction would be a little rude...)

I think we are losing time. It's better to speak about guests who will be there next weekend and the great time we will spend in Milton Keynes :D:D

I did cover somewhere in this string about Jason's potential reasons behind the posts regarding why they cancelled so quickly. I pointed out that he was in a no win situation as no reason would have been leaving himself open to the people who say "false advertising" as happened recently with the theme of the event that some people perceived as Horror even though it wasn't worded that way. Also, in this rather unique situation, there have been people who post on both boards or who post here under an assumed name in order to stir the pot and thus Jason obviously felt that fans and customers of Showmasters deserved a reason as to why they were announced and cancelled in a matter of hours.

They are not coming, but this situation and discussion has shown that organising an event such as CM etc is far from easy. Maybe this will serve as evidence that guests do cancel for the weirdest reasons.

Enjoy your weekend as I am going to be in rehab as of Saturday after an operation :o

OK why is everyone still going on about this?

what exactly do you think it will gain yourselves or anyone?

is anyone in this thread really going to seriously listen to someone else's argument and change their mind?

you have had an announcement and a cancellation and explanation and everyone has now argued their opinion several times.

so why on earth continue? what does it possibly gain you? do you really think if you shout loud or long enough you will convince everyone else that you are right?

give it a rest already.

is anyone in this thread really going to seriously listen to someone else's argument and change their mind?

you have had an announcement and a cancellation and explanation and everyone has now argued their opinion several times.

so why on earth continue? what does it possibly gain you? do you really think if you shout loud or long enough you will convince everyone else that you are right?

give it a rest already.

Wow you seem a little stressed out...quick solution for that...don't read the thread!

Though I must admit I do agree! But i think the confrontational nature is a little uneccessary! ;)

Edited by frankslittlemachine

give it a rest already.

Its about time someone posted this, I was thinking the same thing, though wouldn't have put it quite the same way as you.

;)

LLAP :thumbup:

Edited by zebredy

• Moderators

It's a public forum - people are going to discuss things .. it doesn't usually work telling them to shut up or whatever.

If they want to talk about it then fair enough. As long as it doesn't get too heated or argumentative then there's no problem really.

The unfortunate situation has been the people who have more or less flamed Showmasters. Yes, I agree that no matter how many posts are put on here, the situation will not change in time for the weekend. And a number of the posts can be considered confrontational. I have reviewed mine and thankfully I think I have not dragged myself into confrontation, but rather provided a balanced debate to an unusual situation. It is a damn shame that it has happened, but it shows the shear passion that some people have for meeting their favourite actors, actresses, directors etc....It reminds me of people during the New Year Sales... ;)

Ugh i've been doing to much driving and my neck hurts so i'm leant back in my chair so excuse any lazy typing!

AAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS I've said before (meh typing is too much effort if people don't reasd) Marina as of recently lived in London (guess she still does) so she wn't need flights/hotel.

What op are you having btw AJ? I've had a few on my feet in recent years, so I know how poop it can be.

oh and I'm a s***e sleeper, but it wouldn't make much sense if i put "3 more nights lying in bed tossing and turning getting a little sleep if i can"... doesn't have the same ring hehe. God I'm a walking disaster...

Ugh i've been doing to much driving and my neck hurts so i'm leant back in my chair so excuse any lazy typing!

AAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS I've said before (meh typing is too much effort if people don't reasd) Marina as of recently lived in London (guess she still does) so she wn't need flights/hotel.

What op are you having btw AJ? I've had a few on my feet in recent years, so I know how poop it can be.

oh and I'm a s***e sleeper, but it wouldn't make much sense if i put "3 more nights lying in bed tossing and turning getting a little sleep if i can"... doesn't have the same ring hehe. God I'm a walking disaster...

I will e-mail you later tonight sweetie pie :D

• Showmasters Admin

give it a rest already.

I agree with you. I want to just close this thread but as soon as I do people will start new threads saying we do not let free speech on the forum, blah blah blah, where in fact we give more freedom of speech than any other event like this in the UK

We knew so as soon as they cancelled we were in a no-win situation

What I really want to say and what I can say is another thing on here

At the end of the day I do not believe we did anything wrong and we just want to get on with running the show and thats what we are going to do

I am going to leave this thread open till 12.00 so people can have their last say and then close it as it is going nowhere fast

Sorry to everyone for not getting these guests to attend the show. We tried

Thanks to everyone that understands

see you soon :D

jason

As you've said Jason, you've tried- and thats the only thing that matters. You care about the people that come to the shows- guests and us fans, and I think its awesome.

I'm so looking forward to next weekend... oops, this weekend (yay) REGARDLESS of what guests are coming. I booked my hotel before anyone was announce, and I can't say I'd do that with any other show- I like CM for reasons other than the guests. They are a bonus for me.

Thank you Jason, and the rest of showmasters :D

Because

* people have come to this at different times, not all at the beginning

* people feel sufficiently interested to debate the situation

the exchange of information and opinions may lead to increased awareness and/or understanding? And some people may enjoy such exchanges.

Minds are like parachutes - they work best when they are open. At least some people here appreciate that. Why do you think everybody on this forum is close-minded and unable to change their mindset?

It's not just shouting. There is some reasonable and considered debate here, and the fact that it is allowed to continue is a credit to the forum hosts, in my opinion.

give it a rest already.

So who died and made you king? If you can't stomach some sensible debate, if you're some sort of junkie for everything instant, if you can't stick development and maturation of opinion, you're not compelled to read it, you can always go read another thread instead.

I agree with jmc009dave's overall view, i.e. this thread is now pointless and has gotten way out of hand. However, please do continue the petty bickering; popping in to keep up with it has amused me several times throughout the day. ;)

I agree with jmc009dave's overall view, i.e. this thread is now pointless and has gotten way out of hand. However, please do continue the petty bickering; popping in to keep up with it has amused me several times throughout the day. :poki:

You shouldn't make light of this it's serious, not a joking matter. Please refrain from too much open mindedness. ;)

Edited by Bozo

I agree with jmc009dave's overall view, i.e. this thread is now pointless and has gotten way out of hand. However, please do continue the petty bickering; popping in to keep up with it has amused me several times throughout the day. :P

You shouldn't make light of this it's serious, not a joking matter. Please refrain from too much open mindedness. :poki:

I'll try to bear it in mind. Thank you for your contribution. ;)

Because

* people have come to this at different times, not all at the beginning

* people feel sufficiently interested to debate the situation

* this thread is mostly the same 8 or 9 people reposting virtually the same thing time and time again. (i am sure you dont need me to quote it all to you. all you need to do is actually read the thread)

*de·bate (d-bt)

v. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates

v.intr.

1. To consider something; deliberate.

2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.

dictionary definition.

this thread is not a debate. it is several people stating their position/opinion. repeatedly. no conclusion has been reached, no-one has changed an opinion, there has been no discussion or considered deliberation of an issue. just a bunch of people bashing someone who isnt here to defend himself.

the exchange of information and opinions may lead to increased awareness and/or understanding? And some people may enjoy such exchanges.

there is no information to 'exchange'. there is one person on one side of a situation stating his version of events. an excahnge needs at least 2 people with relevant information. do you have any relevant information Tommy?

maybe it will increase your understanding? of what exactly. of bad business practices? on which side? because neither side comes out of this smelling of roses. no matter what the truth of it is.

so what do you understand better now?

Minds are like parachutes - they work best when they are open. At least some people here appreciate that. Why do you think everybody on this forum is close-minded and unable to change their mindset?

my mind is open. is yours?

i never said people are closed minded. i asked a question. perhaps your mind wasnt sufficiently open to see what is actually there instead of what you want to see?

It's not just shouting. There is some reasonable and considered debate here, and the fact that it is allowed to continue is a credit to the forum hosts, in my opinion.

do i need to go back to the dictionary?

reasonable and considered debate? we have covered that answer already. but just in case you missed it.

would you please point me to the reasoned and considered debate in this thread.

give it a rest already.

So who died and made you king? If you can't stomach some sensible debate, if you're some sort of junkie for everything instant, if you can't stick development and maturation of opinion, you're not compelled to read it, you can always go read another thread instead.

sensible debate? again please show me the sensible debate. please show me the development and maturition of opinion here.

if that's all you've got then you really dont know anything about my stomach for debate.

this thread is not a debate. it is several people stating their position/opinion. repeatedly. no conclusion has been reached, no-one has changed an opinion, there has been no discussion or considered deliberation of an issue. just a bunch of people bashing someone who isnt here to defend himself.

This sums up the situation as regards this thread, IMEO.

Sorry didn't mean to get your back up! I seemed to have irritated you. I'm clearly not very good at this and am reminded why I don't post much and usually lurk!

No worrys, and am sorry too if I sounded irritable.

Ive got caffiene withdrawl and I usually have a set routine every day which I havnt managed to do today so am probably a bit tempremental lol

So no need to go back into lurking! And I could see what you were getting at.

The thing with SM offering to pay flight costs first is, if the guests approached them they might not have even know about it. For all we know, someone could have given them a showmasters leaflet on saturday, the guests mentioned to their agents in the evening, agents then contact SM sunday, work something out, then all seems ok for an announcement in the evening/early hours or something similar, but we'll never know anyway so no point giving it deep thought lol

Hey no problem, sounds a bit like me when I'm chocolate deprived!

• Showmasters Admin

hi choc1

it is a shame that bryon did not come on here him self don't you think ?

it would have cleared a lot up i think

it would be better for all of fandom if all the organisers got along a bit better

say hi to him for me

if you are up at the show this weekend maybe come over and say hi i am happy to talk to anyone

the thred is now closed

jason