Guest Cancellation Jacqueline McKenzie

showmasters

I think that I will save my money for SM and only be tempted to other event if there is a partuicular guest I want to meet.

No offence to SM or the other organizer but I will NEVER attend any event just because they organize

it ! It's always the guests that attract me to an event. If I want to meet my friends, the conventions

are far better places to have a party and a nice week-end together. Obviously I can also meet them

in some other cheaper places but I was referring here to my UK friends.

I agree with you that in terms of guests, the other event is weaker than what it was before but

certainly not in terms of people it brings, even though those people are now mainly kids interested

in Manga/Anime. But the event yesterday was just awesome in terms of guests as well but that's

because I like the shows from which the guests were invited.

In the end, I will never choose between one organizer or the other. It's their line-up that is of

interest to me.

Edited by lams9999

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if anyone has seen The 4400? Is it any good?

I am still catching up on Season 2 onwards due to no access to cable TV for two years. But the first season was good and showed great promise. This has been born out by now being in it's fourth season.

Some people have compared Heroes to it.

• Showmasters Admin

i would also like to point out that the guests contacted us to attend our show not us contacting them

we also understood that there was no exclusion clause in there contract so we felt it was ok to go ahead and add them to the line up

so there you have it

jason

i would also like to point out that the guests contacted us to attend our show not us contacting them

we also understood that there was no exclusion clause in there contract so we felt it was ok to go ahead and add them to the line up

so there you have it

jason

Right it appears that the reason for the guests no longer attending this show is purely their decision. No exclusion clause so that's fine, alternative travel costs going to be assisted by SM - what is their problem then?

And yes The 4400 is very good.

Edited by Noddy

I am disgusted that Jacqueline was treated in this way. You just don't threaten to leave someone stranded in another country like that. Unfortunately, the organisers of the other event have only gone and shot themselves in the foot, because they will earn themselves a bad reputation, and guests will not want to sign up to attend their event. Just my opinion.

Edited by Flibble

Once again, I'm not for or against Showmasters or "the other organizer" but I would like that everybody would calm down a bit. We had one opinion from Showmasters and it would be nice to have the other organizer's version as well.

If the other organizer actually threatened the guests, they indeed would loose their chance to have any 4400 guests but to be honest, I'm completely surprised by this and only future will tell us what happened.

Also, I would like to comment on a previous comment that said that yesterday Jacqueline and the 4400

guests were badly considered and had an awful time. That is completely false, they just laughed all the time, had a lot of fun with the Eureka guests, they were attending the Eureka's talk, going to the Cosplay masquerade and so on, they had a lot of fun. Otherwise why would Jacqui have come back at this event ?

The whole story is quite odd.

:YAHOO:

This kind of behaviour (largely unjustified, apparently) may only threaten the possiblity of future appearances of these and other guests to UK conventions (and this includes the "other event" too).

Coming all the way from the USA and being told off for something so futile would make me think twice before coming back to this country.

I was so happy to meet the 4400 guests...

PS Yes, the show is really entertaining and thought-provoking.

Once again, I'm not for or against Showmasters or "the other organizer" but I would like that everybody would calm down a bit. We had one opinion from Showmasters and it would be nice to have the other organizer's version as well.

If the other organizer actually threatened the guests, they indeed would loose their chance to have any 4400 guests but to be honest, I'm completely surprised by this and only future will tell us what happened.

Also, I would like to comment on a previous comment that said that yesterday Jacqueline and the 4400

guests were badly considered and had an awful time. That is completely false, they just laughed all the time, had a lot of fun with the Eureka guests, they were attending the Eureka's talk, going to the Cosplay masquerade and so on, they had a lot of fun. Otherwise why would Jacqui have come back at this event ?

Perfect ! 100% agreed with that...

I just would like to hear what "the other organizer" has to say... I think he would have no reason to do what you said he did...

Yesterday Jacqueline and all the others 4400 guests (and all the others guests) had a wonderful time. I have lots of difficulties to understand how someone can tell that they had awful time... I take it as provocation...

Edited by sebastianillyria

we cant even mention the other organisers name on here why would we let them have their say? :YAHOO:

i could understand the other ppl not wanting their guests to do both shows but their event is now over, they arent goin to lose anything by the guests they had now doin this one especially as they were announced after the other event finished.

what a bizarre situation.

but their event is now over, they arent goin to lose anything by the guests they had now doin this one especially as they were announced after the other event finished.

Yes, but...

In this case, people who came yesterday to the other event will tell :

Oh next year, i will not come here, because i have just to wait one week and to come to C14...

So i think that the event is over or not, it changes absolutely nothing to the problem...

but their event is now over, they arent goin to lose anything by the guests they had now doin this one especially as they were announced after the other event finished.

Yes, but...

Oh next year, i will not come here, because i have just to wait one week and to come to C14...

So i think that the event is over or not, it changes absolutely nothing to the problem...

really?!

i cant remember what happend last week, let alone a year ago!!

we cant even mention the other organisers name on here why would we let them have their say?:YAHOO:

i could understand the other ppl not wanting their guests to do both shows but their event is now over, they arent goin to lose anything by the guests they had now doin this one especially as they were announced after the other event finished.

what a bizarre situation.

Of course they won't post here but on their forum, I would like to have their views as well, that's it. My feeling is that these announcements have been made without the agreement of the other organizer. I think you can deduce that from Jason's reply. And whether there was something or not in the guests contracts, I think it would be nice if both organizers could once for all come to some kind of gentleman's agreement. As for the guests being threatened, I am surprised but if it's the case, then the other event won't have any additional 4400 guests, that's for sure. Everybody is losing here : both organizers, the actors and the fans.... this has happened twice before a few years ago. I was hoping it would never happen again ...

Yes, but...

As disappointing as it is, I think realising that these are competing busineses in a capitalist i.e. profit driven society means that if they could stop SM then they will! That is the nature of the business world that we live in!

Although I will say that it would probably be best before branding either party to hear the whole account. It would be illegal of the other organizers to retain travel home unless they had a signed contract stating that something like going to another event was breaking their agreement. So it could be inferred that the guests did sign such a stipulation in their contracts, if not then the other organizers could be brought up on charges of kidnapping or the guests need to get better lawyers!!! :YAHOO:

Edited by frankslittlemachine

Perfect ! 100% agreed with that...

I just would like to hear what "the other organizer" has to say... I think he would have no reason to do what you said he did...

Yesterday Jacqueline and all the others 4400 guests (and all the others guests) had a wonderful time. I have lots of difficulties to understand how someone can tell that they had awful time... I take it as provocation...

I suppose that you are right here, we don't know all the facts, as there are almost always two side to every story, I suppose it comes down to who wants to belive who.

And without knowing the other side of the story.

Yes it is unlike the other organiser to act like this and throw his toys out of his pram, but without hearing the whole story, who's to say he didn't?

It all comes down to whether the contracts stated they couldn't go to another event before they went home, and as showmasters have already been on here, and we don't actually know ourselves what it says on the contracts, theres not a lot more that people can do, but hope that by a mirical SMs could get this sorted before the weekend which is highly unlikely as it stands...

:YAHOO:

LLAP :borg:

I think that I will save my money for SM and only be tempted to other event if there is a partuicular guest I want to meet.

No offence to SM or the other organizer but I will NEVER attend any event just because they organize

it ! It's always the guests that attract me to an event. If I want to meet my friends, the conventions

are far better places to have a party and a nice week-end together. Obviously I can also meet them

in some other cheaper places but I was referring here to my UK friends.

I agree with you that in terms of guests, the other event is weaker than what it was before but

certainly not in terms of people it brings, even though those people are not mainly kids interested

in Manga/Anime. But the event yesterday was just awesome in terms of guests as well but that's

because I like the shows from which the guests were invited.

In the end, I will never choose between one organizer or the other. It's their line-up that is of

interest to me.

In the main I agree and respect what you say as, at the end of the day, it is your choice to frequent the events you wish to. I will always consider events, and as I stated, if there is a particular guest that I want to meet, then I will go. However, and maybe I should have made my previous post a tad longer, I used to go to the other show just for the day out whether there was just one guest or 10 guests that I wanted to meet. But I am someone who likes something to be well organised, with it's attendees and guests treated correctly and politely. That is why I will always point out to people that signing a huge number of autographs in a short period of time is somewhat harder if you want the guests to converse with you as well. I try to convey both sides of the street so to speak. However, it saddens me of reports I have had back regarding said event and how much it has changed and this recent incident with two guests makes it that bit sadder. I will find it that bit more difficult to substantiate going to this other event for one or two guests I would like to meet, rather than have to meet, as I might feel it a wasted journey from where I live.

But, and it is a big but, everyone has their own view on things and those views should be respected.

No problem AJ Jones, I also agree with what you said. And I agree with you about the other show : for the last three years, since they added new stuffs, I just went there on sunday only because there were not enough guests of interest for me to stay both days and also because saturday was always hectic. When I go to LFCC or Collectormania, I stay two days because I like better the atmosphere there and there are more stalls to visit. This last event was maybe an exception as they had 8 guests of interest for me but I managed to do everything I wanted in one day.

Just wondering if anyone has seen The 4400? Is it any good?

I've seen all four seasons, all through downloading cos I love it so much I couldn't wait for the next ep any other way. I really hope the US channel decides to make a fifth season...I yearn for it :borg::YAHOO: By the way, to those who have yet to see season 4 - it's incredible! :YAHOO:

I hope SMs are able to get some of the main 4400 cast to attend sometime, though I fully understand about the cancellations as far as CM12 goes. Not their fault. Better luck next time, hopefully.

• Showmasters Admin

Then maybe the other organizer's will talk on his forum like we are on here but i doubt it will happon,

but if it does please keep to the rules thay have on there and not mention our event on there forum

we have nothing to hide all we tryed to do was accommadate some late guests that wanted to come to our event and meet the fans

we will see

but it will not change the fact that the guests will not be coming to CM12 now :YAHOO:

jason

Then maybe the other organizer's will talk on his forum like we are on here but i doubt it will happon,

but if it does please keep to the rules thay have on there and not mention our event on there forum

we will see

but it will not change the fact that the guests will not be coming to CM12 now :YAHOO:

jason

Sure Jason, I didn't mention your name, it was someone else who started a topic but it will

certainly be deleted. I know both rules which are similar btw. I just would love to have both

points of view.

But in any case, you are right : the sad result is that we won't meet the lovely Jacqueline next

week-end :borg: I just hope she will be back at some events in the UK in the future, whether it's one

of yours or one of the other organizer.

Edit : I have now deleted my message on the other forum because although my message did not

break any rule, it was written in a topic that did.

Edited by lams9999

Whatever has happened, I hardly feel it is professional of ANY organiser to talk about the ins and outs of why guests have cancelled, especially when talking about alleged threats/comments by another organiser.

This is supposed to be a company running events, not a 15 year old going "We didn't do anything wrong. Someone else said something to someone and now they can't come so it's not our fault." Any adult would just announce the cancellation, apologise for any disappointment the fans may feel, and be done with it.

I'm not taking sides here, I just don't think this is being dealt with in the manner it should be.

Edited by vampireslayer3

Whatever has happened, I hardly feel it is professional of ANY organiser to talk about the ins and outs of why guests have cancelled, especially when talking about alleged threats/comments by another organiser.

This is supposed to be a company running events, not a 15 year old going "We didn't do anything wrong. Someone else said something to someone and now they can't come so it's not our fault." Any adult would just announce the cancellation, apologise for any disappointment the fans may feel, and be done with it.

I'm not taking sides here, I just don't think this is being dealt with in the manner it should be.

Yeah your right, but then you would get loads of people on here asking why cause clearly it wouldn't be down to illness or a work commitment, or showmasters would post that straight away...

:(

LLAP :borg: