Guest Cancellation Jacqueline McKenzie

showmasters

My brain said 'damnit! you've gotta spend all that money on Heroes guests next weekend, BEHAVE!' .. so I was strong!

But really, asking me to resist her two weekends in a row might be too much :(

i know im gonna get told off for asking but where would i have found out about this signing yesterday?

google? try typing in a guest name and country, that all I can say really :angry:

:drool:

LLAP :help:

ah thank you !!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

We regret that we have just been informed that Jacqueline has had to withdraw from this appearance. She had just been over doing another appearance, and though she will be in the country for the next week and was looking forward to meeting everyone, we have been told she was approached this morning by the other event's promoter in the hotel foyer, who lost his temper and threatened to cancel her flights, leaving her unable to get home without severe personal inconvenience.

We will discuss with Jacqueline about the possibility of rescheduling her appearance to a later show.

we have been told she was approached this morning by the other event's promoter in the hotel foyer, who lost his temper and threatened to cancel her flights, leaving her unable to get home without severe personal inconvenience.

What age was this guy? 5 years old? Jacqueline McKenzie wants to meet fans and fans want to meet her, what's with the promoter spitting the dummy and having a child-ish tantrum? I know - money.

EDIT: Actually I see their point in that they are paying for their flights so it makes sense.

Edited by nicky

we have been told she was approached this morning by the other event's promoter in the hotel foyer, who lost his temper and threatened to cancel her flights, leaving her unable to get home without severe personal inconvenience.

What age was this guy? 5 years old? Jacqueline McKenzie wants to meet fans and fans want to meet her, what's with the promoter spitting the dummy and having a child-ish tantrum? I know - money.

I would have thought it was perfectly understandable why an organiser would take exception to them effectively paying for a guest to attend a competitors show. I think we have a real simple solution here and that if SM really want The 4400 guests then they pay for the amended travel costs.

Edited by Noddy

I would have thought it was perfectly understandable why an organiser would take exception to them effectively paying for a guest to attend a competitors show. I think we have a real simple solution here and that if SM really want The 4400 guests then they pay for the amended travel costs.

but if the other organiser is essentially making them hang around in the country for a week why shouldn't they find something to do it just so happens they wanted to work

Actually, yeah, that makes sense if the promoters are paying for their flights etc. Sorry Mr Promoter guy!!

Well there are two sides to every story. did the other event make her have to wait in the country for another week, or did she want to stay in this country to do siteseeing etc so got tickets to fly home a week later.

Really Jacqueline should have known about the rules with the other organisers, and stuff like this should have been writen in her contract, also wouldn't / shouldn't SMs have know about her contract with the other event, all guests sign one for each even don't they.... Surely someone would have checked that before she signed with this event?

:YAHOO:

LLAP ;)

Well there are two sides to every story. did the other event make her have to wait in the country for another week, or did she want to stay in this country to do siteseeing etc so got tickets to fly home a week later.

Really Jacqueline should have known about the rules with the other organisers, and stuff like this should have been writen in her contract, also wouldn't / shouldn't SMs have know about her contract with the other event, all guests sign one for each even don't they.... Surely someone would have checked that before she signed with this event?

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Unless a contract states that a guest cannot do another event within a certain time limit either way of the event that they have been signed for, then there is no legal obligation. I am sure Showmasters, who have been doing this for some years now, wouldn't try and sign someone that would result in a breach of contract. There is enough s*it flying around at the moment with people coming onto this site and sh*t stir, without Jason & Co leaving themselves open to legal issues. Butg, I could be wrong and a mistake may have been made.

But, if the organiser has threatened the guest, then that is plain rude and childish. Even if she was in breach of her contract with them, there are ways of doing things.

I know of many guests form the States who have said that they would be staying on for few days or a week so that they can have a little break. A guest that was at an event I helped stage/run requested that his tickets back home be for two weeeks down the line as he needed a break from working so much. So, it isn't unheard of that a guest has a holiday whilst over here.

Wow, quickest cancellation ever! I can see their point, but seriously childish of them!!!! Simple explanation would be to agree SM to pay half for flights or something. This other event treated the guests horribly at the show as far as I could see, and now they are telling them what they can and can't do?!?! God they need to grow up. It was a crap event this weekend imo (seriously, apart from... 2 photo stalls, what there was sci fi that would appeal to star trek or 4400 fans?! It was all anime, gaming or bloody posters stuck around the room... hello, I'm older than 15?!)

Grrr... they bug me! I only went for 2 flippin guests grrr.

/rant

• Showmasters Admin

Very disappointed by this announcement :borg::angry:

Just as I was about to think that finally these organizers could get along together .... :hathor:

why not share the flight costs ??

we were happy to pay towards the flights costs but that was not an option give to us

and as the event was over i did not see any harm in have the guest attend CM12

well thats what i was thinking

jason

LLAP :angry:

Unless a contract states that a guest cannot do another event within a certain time limit either way of the event that they have been signed for, then there is no legal obligation. I am sure Showmasters, who have been doing this for some years now, wouldn't try and sign someone that would result in a breach of contract. There is enough s*it flying around at the moment with people coming onto this site and sh*t stir, without Jason & Co leaving themselves open to legal issues. Butg, I could be wrong and a mistake may have been made.

But, if the organiser has threatened the guest, then that is plain rude and childish. Even if she was in breach of her contract with them, there are ways of doing things.

I know of many guests form the States who have said that they would be staying on for few days or a week so that they can have a little break. A guest that was at an event I helped stage/run requested that his tickets back home be for two weeeks down the line as he needed a break from working so much. So, it isn't unheard of that a guest has a holiday whilst over here.

I know but as logical as this all seems, at the same time it is a little strange to be reading this on the forum, as you expect these kinda problems to be sorted before guests are announced on fourms....

:borg:

Just as I was about to think that finally these organizers could get along together .... :hathor:

we were happy to pay towards the flights costs but that was not an option give to us

jason

its not like they were announced before that event and thus stopping people going

LLAP :angry:

I know but as logical as this all seems, at the same time it is a little strange to be reading this on the forum, as you expect these kinda problems to be sorted before guests are announced on fourms....

But the guest was announced post event, and the organiser obviously found out over night and approached the two guests this morning. As Jason has said, the announcement did not prevent people going to the other event.

jason

its not like they were announced before that event and thus stopping people going

My thoughts exactly, just how many people were stopped from seeing this guest at the other event because they were attending the SM event... Answer: absolutely none.

chances of this guest returning to work with other event organiser who has thrown his toys out of the pram... Answer: Absolutey none.

Who has won: Absolutely no-one!

jason

I don't blame you nor Mr C. I don't know what happened, I don't know what was in the contracts, I just hoped you got to an agreement with the other organizer but obviously it wasn't the case. I agree with you that I don't see the problem of them attending C12 but from reading your first message, I had the feeling you spoke to the guests and not to the other organizer directly. Am I wrong ?

Very disappointed by this announcement :angry::dance:

jason

My thoughts exactly, just how many people were stopped from seeing this guest at the other event because they were attending the SM event... Answer: absolutely none.

chances of this guest returning to work with other event organiser who has thrown his toys out of the pram... Answer: Absolutey none.

Not no-one but showmasters are the ones looking good, and the other organisers are looking stupid for throwing there toys out of the pram, as you say, and I don't think for one moment that is what they intended to do, though thats what has happened, since showmasters made there post about the guests not attending and the reasons why....

Very disappointed by this announcement :angry::dance:

jason

Not no-one but showmasters are the ones looking good, and the other organisers are looking stupid for throwing there toys out of the pram, as you say, and I don't think for one moment that is what they intended to do, though thats what has happened, since showmasters made there post about the guests not attending and the reasons why....

Nail hit back on the head. Someone had told me that aforementioned event that is unnamed had gone down since my two year absence, but this is shocking from my point of view as a customer that had considered attending one there next year. I think that I will save my money for SM and only be tempted to other event if there is a partuicular guest I want to meet.

Just wondering if anyone has seen The 4400? Is it any good?

Yes, it's very good! Well, I haven't seen S4 yet, but the first 3 are very good!

If the story re the other event is true, then they've probably just lost any hope of gaining 4400 guests, so let's hope sm can get them in future!