How much is C12 costing you?

trekkie101

Well, I mostly go for the Star Trek guests, but I've had to make cut-backs this time.

Robert Picardo is almost a must-have for any Trekkie (in my opinion)

George Takei - I got my photo taken with him at (insert forbidden-to-mention event) and I'm hoping to get it signed. Mostly for sentimental value than anything else.

Marina Sirtis. She's been announced a little late, so I've had to make a quick-dash purchase on ebay for TNG Season 7 for her to sign. Since paypal payments take 4 working days to process, with Postage times and factoring in the UK postal strike, this's looking a tad bleak. I'm hopeful nonetheless.

Ethan Phillips - a really nice guy (or so I've heard). Unfortunately since I'm trying to save for Uni I've had to cut him back since I'm only going for Starfleet Officers to sign my Voyager box-sets (which I'd still need to buy anyway)

I've already gotten a Walter Koenig autograph, so I'm debating whether or not to get a photo with him.

So taking into account ebay costs (pending) and Showmasters prices (very reasonable) I'm looking at a cost of £101.62

(£121.62 if I decide to get the photo)

Which really isn't too bad considering that I once spent £400 at (insert forbidden-to-mention event)

Was this event at the start of this year? Yep, steep prices! And they wonder why not many people went....

Walter can have his moments, when I've met him twice he was moody like he didn't want to be there. But I'm going to meet him again as I've recently got a group pic signed only by james doohan.

I'll meet George again (hes lovely) for the group piccie, and for a new personal pic, as my other has faded randomly booo.

Ethan and Bob, both for a Voyager group pic and a First contact print (EMH and Hologram waiter lol)

And Marina I'll see both at another event (boooo stupid event that has 1 other person i want to meet... long journey just for that grr) and at CM hopefully. When I met her first time, I didn't have many autos, so I got a horizontal pic of her already signed by jon frakes. Then my "star trek wall" I only have vertical pics of everyone. So She isn't on my wall. So I need a personal pic from her, and to sign my first contact print.

...then (hopefully) Greg, and James Kyson Lee. Can't afford now to meet other Heroes guests :D

So that adds up to about £150 on autos. Plus the hotel but that was paid for months ago... and food. But thts cheap for me!!

Ooh, Trek people can help on this one... I'm getting people on the First contact print to sign and write a quote. Anyone have any good ones from the film for Bob, Ethan and Marina? I'm rewatching it later, but I may miss them lol.

Since paypal payments take 4 working days to process

Since when has PayPal taken 4 days to process?

They are instant if you accept them or if they are done through checkout. If the seller has told you 4 days, then he or she is telling porkies. I was paid late yesterday evening and it appeared on my account within moments of the buyer actioning it.

Also, the post is nearly back to normal. You should be fine mate.

And Marina I'll see both at another event (boooo stupid event that has 1 other person i want to meet... long journey just for that grr)

Simple question..why go "boooo stpid event" and still go to the event?

All Showmasters staff up to Jason, Mark, Andrea etc know that the fans go to many events. As long as you do not directly mention the name of the event if it is not associated to Showmasters - done out of respect to Showmasters - why not say that you will be meeting someone elsewhere?

I am not having a go or singling you out - I will mention elsewhere if I come across more posts from other people - but do not feel obligated to "boooo" another event just because you post on here. No one who is a long time poster on here is going to jump on you. And if they do, you will find many people defending you.

By the way, fortunately C12 will cost me nothing as I will not be back on the signings circuit until late February onwards. But, I have found myself usually spending £250-£300 on autographs with £50-£100 on merchandise. I have never done photos at Showmasters events before as they were reasonably new the last time I went to an event in 2005, but I am sure I will be doing some in the future. Expenses wise, I have never stayed over at LFACC or CM as myself and friends leave early and come back late. So, car hire and petrol stands at about £20-£30, and refreshments at about £20.00.

The next time I go I will be working out the finances alot better than before as I will want photos etc and will probably come for the weekend.

I am also hoping to start doing the proper conventions that Showmasters are arranging.

I say booo because I hate the other event totally and utterly, and have said so on their forums. Well its obv good fun to go to a show, but the organisers are horrible and the event itself is usually very poor with too much emphasis on anime for me- but with good sci fi guests. I'm going cos there is one guest that I'm desperate to meet. I'm not saying that out of loyalty to showmasters (even though i do think they are the best) cos if I don't like something in a SM event, I say so on here.

Since when has PayPal taken 4 days to process?

eCheques say 4 days on the email but never have I seen one clear before 10 days, so if thats the way it has been done then not a chance.....

Im with halifax and it takes upto 7 to 9 days for the eCheque to clear just depends which bank your with.

eCheques say 4 days on the email but never have I seen one clear before 10 days, so if thats the way it has been done then not a chance.....

That changes things as there was no mention of eCheques in he post. Someone recently tried to pay by eCheques and I booted it back as I don't accept them.

I say booo because I hate the other event totally and utterly, and have said so on their forums. Well its obv good fun to go to a show, but the organisers are horrible and the event itself is usually very poor with too much emphasis on anime for me- but with good sci fi guests. I'm going cos there is one guest that I'm desperate to meet. I'm not saying that out of loyalty to showmasters (even though i do think they are the best) cos if I don't like something in a SM event, I say so on here.

If you mean the capital based event, apart from the nurishment facilities sucking in the larger building, I have actually enjoyed my visits there. I haven't been since 2005 for personal reasons - I haven't been to any events since 2005 - but I have no qualms with that event.

But I respect your honesty. However, I will not agree on Showmasters being the best until I experience one of their conventions. For signing events I have found them to be very good, although the MK Centre can be somewhat restrictive for space at times. With CM growing so big, I think that SM could quite easily use a larger more dedicated facility. The only downside being that we would not have the convenience to pop off and get a bite to eat and pop back for our signing number.

Ah yes, in 2005 it was still good, but if you haven't been since, you'll be shocked. I won't say to much, cos some people may enjoy it- it just isn't my thing. Theres too many like displays... like posters in the middle of the room, or a gaming area, and no decent stalls... But it may have changed as I didn't go in may... but I doubt it.

Aaaanyway :P

And Marina I'll see both at another event (boooo stupid event that has 1 other person i want to meet... long journey just for that grr)

All Showmasters staff up to Jason, Mark, Andrea etc know that the fans go to many events. As long as you do not directly mention the name of the event if it is not associated to Showmasters - done out of respect to Showmasters - why not say that you will be meeting someone elsewhere?

I am not having a go or singling you out - I will mention elsewhere if I come across more posts from other people - but do not feel obligated to "boooo" another event just because you post on here. No one who is a long time poster on here is going to jump on you. And if they do, you will find many people defending you.

By the way, fortunately C12 will cost me nothing as I will not be back on the signings circuit until late February onwards. But, I have found myself usually spending £250-£300 on autographs with £50-£100 on merchandise. I have never done photos at Showmasters events before as they were reasonably new the last time I went to an event in 2005, but I am sure I will be doing some in the future. Expenses wise, I have never stayed over at LFACC or CM as myself and friends leave early and come back late. So, car hire and petrol stands at about £20-£30, and refreshments at about £20.00.

The next time I go I will be working out the finances alot better than before as I will want photos etc and will probably come for the weekend.

I am also hoping to start doing the proper conventions that Showmasters are arranging.

AJ, what exactly is the problem, they were just expressing their opinion! perhaps you should take the advice of your own signature and sort out issues via email instead of clogging up these threads with your pointless, pedantic and downright confrontational pap!!

Edited by frankslittlemachine

AJ, what exactly is the problem, they were just expressing their opinion! perhaps you should take the advice of your own signature and sort out issues via email instead of clogging up these threads with your pointless, pedantic and downright confrontational pap!!

There is no problem. If you fully read my posts and the replies from Lizzy, you will see it was a question asked and conversation ensued. Opinions are opinions. My posts are not confrontational, and I always sort issues out off board with certain individuals if needs be. I fully respected Lizzy's opininon and she was actually rather helpful to me. You call my opininons pointless, pedantic and downright confrontational pap and I respect your opinion and will be respectful enough to not post my comments as you may not like them. One person's pap is anothers conversation. Thankyou for you views and they have been taken on board. Have a wonderful weekend frankslittlemachine.

I normal spend as little as possible. More interested in taking photos. Until this one my little girl is big into Dr who and Harry potter so the bill is starting to climb. It`s not to bad though used to go to (shout at me if you want for saying the name) ***** trouble is to get in park and food you are looking at £60. So i spend a fiver more on fuel and go to Collectormania free entry free parking so thats £55 for me to spend on autos for my little girl.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Well at the moment I have booked a photoshoot with Greg and one with James KL so that comes to about £30.

Then I am probably going to get an autograph from James & Oliver Phelps so that should be another £25.

I am thinking about getting a photo done with Matthew John Armstrong so thats probably another £20 at the most.

I really wanted to get a photoshoot with George Takei, but its my first day of work so it probably wouldnt look good if i missed it :poki:

So at the moment my total is looking around £75, luckily my mum said she would take me so I don't have to pay for my bus fare.

Starfighter, I'd take the name out of your post if I were you- not allowed :S

AJ, I'm oh so helpful always :poki: I'm at the show fri morn till sunday eve... thats a real old pic of me in my av... should change it really... but say hi if u see me if u want :poki:

Edit: Just updated av... its blurry and small and cropped but meh!

Edited by Lizzy

Starfighter, I'd take the name out of your post if I were you- not allowed :S

AJ, I'm oh so helpful always :poki: I'm at the show fri morn till sunday eve... thats a real old pic of me in my av... should change it really... but say hi if u see me if u want :poki:

Edit: Just updated av... its blurry and small and cropped but meh!

Unable to get to C12, but will be back in the saddle in '08. Mail me with the address on my profile and we can chat Lizzy.

AJ, to go back to that... I just went on their forum and I just had a go at someone cos they said they don't like non-"cosplayers" going to the show. Thats the attitude of the people at that event which means I don't like it. I like going and keeping to myself, the stalls and the guests... not everything else lol. At SM shows, I have quite a few friends, and go for them as much as for the show itself now.

Simple question..why go "boooo stupid event" and still go to the event?

AJ, to go back to that... I just went on their forum and I just had a go at someone cos they said they don't like non-"cosplayers" going to the show. Thats the attitude of the people at that event which means I don't like it. I like going and keeping to myself, the stalls and the guests... not everything else lol. At SM shows, I have quite a few friends, and go for them as much as for the show itself now.

It is amazing how much things seem to have changed in two years.

By the way Lizzy...did you find my original question confrontational? Please answer honestly as I hope I wasn't. When the poster came on and had a pop at me for posting that question and it seems all my other posts, I thought I had better check with you.

I come on these message boards for a laugh and to chat to like minded fans. But, like others, I have opinions and will stand up for myself. However, I will always admit if I have been wrong.

AJ

Edited by AJ Jones

AJ, people tell me my concentrating face looks like I'm in a massive mood! I try and tell them i'm just thinking about something and I get told off lol... i should work on that ;) But yea, I don't take things the wrong way unless its blatantly having a go, which some people do, and I then retaliate accordingly.

If I hadn't read your post properly, I may have thought that, but I understood where you were coming from. I've already emailed you to say hi anyway ;)