"Unofficial" Party

Andy_2_cool

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know its a cancer charity. Think its Macmillan cancer suport charity....

Kehlan should be able to confirm this when she gets back on the web. I'm really looking forward too it, hae already donated two autographs for the auction (both trek ones I'm affraid) Can't wait till the weekend now :pyth:

:D

LLAP :pyth:

Well if somethings sorted before thursday night, im sure my mate i'll go along, seeing as we've both got costumes now. I'd hate to think that i spent £35 on a costume for nothing. So i'll keep my eye out on this thread for another party place and time.

Don't mind you guys talking about meeting up etc etc, but please do not advertise your own events without permission.

Cheers

Davey :smile:

I would not have advertised theparty in any way here if the collectormania party was still going ahead. what harm have I done in trying to raise a little money for Cancer and at the same time get a few fans together to have fun. Incidentally, of the 60 people who are coming to my party, most will be also attending collectormania and spending money there... it works both ways.

I've suported collectormania for years and I;m sorry if you feel that one small party is a threat to you in some way.

Kehlan

Showmasters already support charities. Its against the rules to advertise your own events. Dropping an email might have been a good idea first, just so you know for future reference.

Thanks very much,

Davey

Don't mind you guys talking about meeting up etc etc, but please do not advertise your own events without permission.

Cheers

Davey :borg:

What even if its a few friends meeting at a pud, hope not cause it would seem a little OTT if you ask me...

Is someone trying to throw there weight around here or something?

Davey if you/showmasters had a problem with people posting about there own plans after C12 is over for the day, then you should have posted sooner, which would have stopped people waisting there time, posting in this thread, and would have solved some of your problems addressed your comments a lot sooner.

:(

LLAP ;)

Edited by zebredy

Cheers

What even if its a few friends meeting at a pud, hope not cause it would seem a little OTT if you ask me...

Davey if you/showmasters had a problem with people posting about there own plans after C12 is over for the day, then you should have posted sooner, which would have stopped people waisting there time, posting in this thread, and would have solved some of your problems addressed your comments a lot sooner.

LLAP ;)

At the time I decided to run this party,collectormania were not planning to have one - at least, they hadnt announced it. I'm not stupid enough to try to compete with Showmasters - they are too big and I like their events too much. I do have alot of respect for them. but by the time I learned that there was going to be a Horror Ball, I had already invested too much time and money in this. I'm not a company or a millinare, just an ordinary member of the public who wanted to do something good. Oh and I am not making a penny out of the party. Its all for Macmillan.

However, showmasters cancelled their party, leaving some people not knowing what to do on Saturday night. they posted here to discuss the options. Davey is right, I should have checked with collectormania and for not doing so I apologise. However, since I am not compteting with them in any way and am in fact only answering the question of what else is there to do that night - I very much hope they will wish us luck!

But Davey, what I said before is true - I and almost 60 other people wil be attending collectormania on both days and spending money. and alot are coming down for the party and attending Collectormania as a bonus. and while its a big ewnough event that 60 people may not make alot of difference, its still 60 more guests for you.

Kehlan

Cheers

LLAP ;)

The original post in question has gone now - it was mentioning a party where tickets and a charge were involved, not just a pub meet, so I'm assuming that's the issue.

Cheers

:hathor:

LLAP ;)

At the time I decided to run this party,collectormania were not planning to have one - at least, they hadnt announced it. I'm not stupid enough to try to compete with Showmasters - they are too big and I like their events too much. I do have alot of respect for them. but by the time I learned that there was going to be a Horror Ball, I had already invested too much time and money in this. I'm not a company or a millinare, just an ordinary member of the public who wanted to do something good. Oh and I am not making a penny out of the party. Its all for Macmillan.

However, showmasters cancelled their party, leaving some people not knowing what to do on Saturday night. they posted here to discuss the options. Davey is right, I should have checked with collectormania and for not doing so I apologise. However, since I am not compteting with them in any way and am in fact only answering the question of what else is there to do that night - I very much hope they will wish us luck!

But Davey, what I said before is true - I and almost 60 other people wil be attending collectormania on both days and spending money. and alot are coming down for the party and attending Collectormania as a bonus. and while its a big ewnough event that 60 people may not make alot of difference, its still 60 more guests for you.

Kehlan

Ok well I'm sorry to have got involved with this topic and will leave it at that...

See you at C12.

LLAP :borg:

So is there going to be a fan meet at somepoint on the saturday night or not? Seems to me that ive wasted my time and money if not. If there is going to be an 'unofficial' party in a pub somewhere, can someone please sort something out so other can choose to go or not? (I would do this, but i dont know MK that well)

if any of you are worried about going out in costumes around the theatre district can i just say i live in mk and the theatre here has often had rocky horror playing, you get loads of men and women dressed up as frank n furter and french maids when going to see the show and they all go out around the bars after without trouble, if you want my advice the bars to try it would be lloyds, moon under water or try shout down by the train station, £15 entry drinks free all night

Ok well I'm sorry to have got involved with this topic and will leave it at that...

See you at C12.

:D

LLAP :borg:

Zebredy

I very much appreciate your support. But if there is going to be any trouble with showmasters (which I do not want) I would prefer they got heavy with me and not with you. none of this is your fault.

Look forward to seeing you at the party

Kehlan

Davey if you/showmasters had a problem with people posting about there own plans after C12 is over for the day, then you should have posted sooner

Blimey, half the time we have people moaning about SM not sending out goody bags or photos in a timely manner, or being too busy to answer e-mails or the phone, and then you get this, basically chastising SM for not spending more of their time reading the forum and responding to posts.

At this rate I'm going to end up feeling sorry for SM.

Davey if you/showmasters had a problem with people posting about there own plans after C12 is over for the day, then you should have posted sooner

Blimey, half the time we have people moaning about SM not sending out goody bags or photos in a timely manner, or being too busy to answer e-mails or the phone, and then you get this, basically chastising SM for not spending more of their time reading the forum and responding to posts.

tommyT, with all due respect, since my earlier posts in this thread were all deleted by showmasters (although replies to them were left alone), it leaves the conversation a little one sided. you do not know what has caused this discussion since you are reading only part of it.

the problem was that collectormania cancelled their party and then objected to people making thier own plans and talking about them here - or at least thats how it seemed!

Kehlan

tommyT, with all due respect, since my earlier posts in this thread were all deleted by showmasters (although replies to them were left alone), it leaves the conversation a little one sided. you do not know what has caused this discussion since you are reading only part of it.

Au contraire, I've read this thread over a number of days as the posts appeared and before they were deleted. And with all due respect, I was passing no comment or judgement on your actions (with which I have some sympathy), but somebody else's unrealistic suggestion that SM should be spending great swathes of their time keeping up to date with every thread on the board, when I think we're all agreed they have more important things to do.

unrealistic suggestion that SM should be spending great swathes of their time keeping up to date with every thread on the board, when I think we're all agreed they have more important things to do.

The only thread in question people were concerned for in this case was the party, not every thread. People were asking if the party was still on or not cos of costuming plans etc and SM only announced 6 days ago that it wasn't. I don't think anyone can deny that was a topic that needed the courtesy of addressing sooner and it certainly wasnt an unrealistic suggestion to expect an update earlier on.

Edited by nicky

Au contraire, I've read this thread over a number of days as the posts appeared and before they were deleted. And with all due respect, I was passing no comment or judgement on your actions (with which I have some sympathy), but somebody else's unrealistic suggestion that SM should be spending great swathes of their time keeping up to date with every thread on the board, when I think we're all agreed they have more important things to do.

Your right they do have more important things to do totally agree with that 100%, thats why they have forum moderators, who I have seen on here more then once over the last couple of days/weeks, so they could have deleted posts in this topic, wrote a polite message asking people to stop posting about none SMs related stuff or even closed the topic if they felt they needed to, but they didn't.

Why would that be, if they have the time to come on here then surley they have the time to post a "please stop talking about none SMs related stuff" message in this topic, a lot sooner then they did.

Look I have said more then I should have on this subject, and really shouldn't be posting this message, but after your last post (why you needed to say something on this topic too is beyond me) I felt I had to clear the air...

Subject closed (for me anyway)

:lol:

LLAP :lol:

So no pub named then for a fans party? Looks like i really did buy a costume for nothing. Talk about waste of money.

Andy 2 Cool should be the one to sort this, I mean it's his thread after all.

You could still wear the costume at the con?

So no pub named then for a fans party? Looks like i really did buy a costume for nothing. Talk about waste of money.

Andy 2 Cool should be the one to sort this, I mean it's his thread after all.

You could still wear the costume at the con?

Spikes Dream Date has requested you dress in the GIMP outfit from Pulp Fiction with a chain and collar so that we can take turns leading you around during the weekend. You up for it mate!? :hathor: