"Unofficial" Party

Andy_2_cool

Due to the fact there is not a venue for the horror party it is not going to happen . This is very disapointing as the party was the reason I booked a room at a hotel >_<

...So I think we should make our own party !!

SATURDAY 8pm..in costumes...at a meeting place ?

or this a rubbish idea??

Edited by Andy_2_cool

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one will turn up to a non-SM sponsored party/night out except the Fri bowling. People have tried before.

Why, are people scared or something, can't do anything without Showmasters holding there hands? I know thats not the case but thats what it sounds like...

Before anyone says anything, I would go, but I already have something planned for the Saturday night, have done for a few months now.

Personally I think Showmasters missed a big oportunity here, not having a Horror Party of there own...Just my oppinion.

:YAHOO:

LLAP :P

Why, are people scared or something, can't do anything without Showmasters holding there hands? I know thats not the case but thats what it sounds like...

People, esp here, are too shy to go into a room full of people they don't know and introduce themselves. Also if it aint sponsored by SM (or even a pinned topic) people wont go cos they think no one else will cos the topic wasnt pinned for everyone to take notice of.

People, esp here, are too shy to go into a room full of people they don't know and introduce themselves. Also if it aint sponsored by SM (or even a pinned topic) people wont go cos they think no one else will cos the topic wasnt pinned for everyone to take notice of.

Maybe....

:YAHOO:

LLAP :P

Add on to that something else - I think it's a rare girl who'll wander into a random Milton Keynes pub on a saturday night, full of p1ssed up punters, dressed as Supergirl.... What happens next will probably not be pretty.

To be perfectly honest, even a group of 4 guys dressed as members of SG1 are very likely to find themselves in a world of hurt.

Edited by MikeDonovan

Due to the fact there is not a venue for the horror party it is not going to happen . This is very disapointing as the party was the reason I booked a room at a hotel >_<

...So I think we should make our own party !!

SATURDAY 8pm..in costumes...at a meeting place ?

or this a rubbish idea??

when was this said that there is no sm party. i have asked about where the ticket will be sold and i was told that all tickets that were not sold/ on sale in the shop will be sold at the organisers booth as normal althought they did not say there was a party, they did not say there was not going to be a party. they may be still sorting out stuff.

sm's are good at last minute organization

lets hope :YAHOO:

Add on to that something else - I think it's a rare girl who'll wander into a random Milton Keynes pub on a saturday night, full of p1ssed up punters, dressed as Supergirl.... What happens next will probably not be pretty.

To be perfectly honest, even a group of 4 guys dressed as members of SG1 are very likely to find themselves in a world of hurt.

Doubt it! - As a student, i can't count the number of times we've gone out randomly dressed up, Army, Superhero, Schooldisco, Pirates, Halloween, Showgirls, Beach Party, Disney etc etc etc etc... generally we get a couple of looks but nothing more - occasionally the girls will get some added attention but nothing more rude or inappropriate as they would if they where in normal attire.

I say if people want to go out people should!

I wasn't planning on going to the Ball and have a late train back to Birmingham on the Saturday - but me and my friends will be looking for a bar/pub of some kind to spend some hours before we leave! So any suggestions/directions?

I wasn't planning on going to the Ball and have a late train back to Birmingham on the Saturday - but me and my friends will be looking for a bar/pub of some kind to spend some hours before we leave! So any suggestions/directions?

Whetherspoons is always convenient and popular and Oceana for later on, for people like me anyway.

but I know that some people only go to the SM ones as they hope that they'll end up pressed against one of the guests at the bar...

That's pretty stalker-ish sounding.

Yep, but I have witnessed first hand hyperventilating and squealing because there's a rumour that Mr X or Mr Y will be going (and crying when they don't!). The hotel based cons I've been to are even worse!

I have witnessed first hand hyperventilating and squealing because there's a rumour that Mr X or Mr Y will be going (and crying when they don't!).

What kind of people are we talking about here? Adolecent girls?! You say you're their mate?

I have witnessed first hand hyperventilating and squealing because there's a rumour that Mr X or Mr Y will be going (and crying when they don't!).

What kind of people are we talking about here? Adolecent girls?! You say you're their mate?

God no! In no way, shape or form am I mates with these people! I've just seen it because I have a talent for picking an area fun of squeeing fanggggrrrrrlllls to stand/sit/drink in. And yes, generally adolescent girls, but I have seen a few women in their 30s and 40s burst into tears or shove people out of the way to stand within spitting distance of a 'star'

And Mr X is Robert Picardo

Hi,

I don't know about that, I mean it is Halloween weekend after all.

There are fancy dress things going on anyway, eg: Buddha Blue

I am quite sad that there will be no party, especially at halloween, I have to say.

EDIT: link

Edited by kimmi