"Unofficial" Party

Andy_2_cool

Don't mind you guys talking about meeting up etc etc, but please do not advertise your own events without permission.

Cheers

Davey :crying:

I agree with Davey on this. :crying:

One of my interests is Kiteflying. On the forum for the group I belong to, an event reminder was posted. One of the members then posted about another event, on the same day. As with Kehlan he did not check by p.m.ing first, to see if it was ok to do so. After getting told off for this, it looks like he may be banned from the website, as it was considered unethical by a former commitee member. But that's all I want to say on this topic.

As for the original point of this thread, if enough people in costume go into a pub, at the same time, I'm sure they could 'take over' a part of it. Although a word with the owner/landlord before that happened might be an idea, to check it would be ok. I did this at a local pub when I tried to get together a small meeting of RW people. The landlord said so long as we where quiet, and did not disturb the regulars, it would be ok.

As far as I see, it would just be a bigger version of the friday night bowling event, but with most people in fancy dress.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right they do have more important things to do totally agree with that 100%, thats why they have forum moderators, who I have seen on here more then once over the last couple of days/weeks, so they could have deleted posts in this topic, wrote a polite message asking people to stop posting about none SMs related stuff or even closed the topic if they felt they needed to, but they didn't.

All well and good, but

(i) you never mentioned the moderators, you said SM should have posted; and

(ii) that would still require the mods to have read this thread, and I guess we might agree that there have been a number of other threads on this forum which have been larger, more fast-moving and probably more demanding of their time.

Why would that be, if they have the time to come on here then surley they have the time to post a "please stop talking about none SMs related stuff" message in this topic, a lot sooner then they did.

See (ii) above. There are over 200 threads on the CM12 forum for them to keep up with, and from memory the first couple of days of this thread were just people talking about going to the pub; the mention of the other event was somewhat hidden. I'm not suggesting subterfuge on anybody's part, but had a mod checked out this thread early on it would have just looked like suggestions of people meeting in a pub, and other folks saying that doesn't really work. Nothing contentious, so no real reason for a mod to keep an eye on it.

Look I have said more then I should have on this subject, and really shouldn't be posting this message, but after your last post

Correcting Kehlan's impression that I wasn't aware of the full history of the thread, when in fact I was.

(why you needed to say something on this topic too is beyond me) I felt I had to clear the air...

Subject closed (for me anyway)

You seem to suggest that it's OK for you to comment on this thread, but not for me. Well, that's beyond me, so I guess we're even :crying:

unrealistic suggestion that SM should be spending great swathes of their time keeping up to date with every thread on the board, when I think we're all agreed they have more important things to do.

The only thread in question people were concerned for in this case was the party, not every thread. People were asking if the party was still on or not cos of costuming plans etc and SM only announced 6 days ago that it wasn't. I don't think anyone can deny that was a topic that needed the courtesy of addressing sooner and it certainly wasnt an unrealistic suggestion to expect an update earlier on.

True to an extent, but this thread wasn't the only one about the party. And the fate of the official party had been resolved both in your thread on the subject and in a separate thread specifically created and pinned, well before the subject on this thread moved beyond the usual "why don't we all go to a pub?" "it never works if it's not an SM-organised 'do'". As such, the need for mods to come to this thread as well was minimal, I'd have thought.

I've only just realised there is no party. Come on everyone we cant just go sulking to our hotel rooms. Lets hit MK in style!

I dont know MK very well so we need some local knowledge.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I will try and do some research tonight but need help. I guess we need a suitable pub and maybe a suitable club. If they are having a halloween party even better then tthey will be costume friendly.

For anyone who is scared to head outside on their own in costume, maybe we could arrange some safer meetups at hotel bars.

Just post some suggestions peeps.. doesnt matter how silly!

Found this

Yates are hosting a 'Full Moon Weekender' on Friday 26th and Saturday 27th October. They promise thrilling party tracks and fantastic give aways all weekend.

Buddha Blue have the 'Scariest Club Night Ever' on Saturday 27th October. All are encourage to dress up or in black and best costume wins a trip to Paris. Ladies free before 10pm and all in costume get £2 off the door entry price.

these are the only halloween things i can see in the theatre district... anyone else found anything?

So no pub named then for a fans party? Looks like i really did buy a costume for nothing. Talk about waste of money.

Andy 2 Cool should be the one to sort this, I mean it's his thread after all.

You could still wear the costume at the con?

Spikes Dream Date has requested you dress in the GIMP outfit from Pulp Fiction with a chain and collar so that we can take turns leading you around during the weekend. You up for it mate!? ;)

Ha ha ha i dont think so lol

My costume is called Night Widow Vampiress, with all accessories apart from shades. You can find it on joke.com under ref of 11417

Hi everyone :poki:

I would just like to say a couple of things.

I deleted the posts due to the rules stating that it is not allowed to post about other NON Showmasters events unless you have Showmasters permission. Even tho the Showmasters party is canceled it does not give anyone the right to advertise their own PAID FOR party, this is wether its for charity or not. You must email us and ask for permission. Showmasters do not know what the party is nor do they know who is running it and what is happening etc. So if it was left to be advertised on the Showmasters forum, it would look like Showmasters were endorsing the party, which could lead to any sort of complication

I would also like to say, which Tommy T has kindly commented about too. There are many threads on the forum and it is a big task to keep an eye on every single post (showmasters & moderators). This thread was posted up and there was no reason for us to remove it as you guys were all looking for a place to meet up and have a good evening, which I think is a great idea. So there was not really much need to keep a close eye on it, hence the post being found a couple of days later by myself.

Anyway I hope that has cleared some queries up, and I really hope you all have a great night out on Saturday, whatever you have planned.

Look forward to seeing you all at the show, come say hi :D

Davey :poki:

PS I heard Yates, and Lloyds bar in the theatre district have some spookyness going on :poki:

Edited by Davey

Found this

Yates are hosting a 'Full Moon Weekender' on Friday 26th and Saturday 27th October. They promise thrilling party tracks and fantastic give aways all weekend.

Buddha Blue have the 'Scariest Club Night Ever' on Saturday 27th October. All are encourage to dress up or in black and best costume wins a trip to Paris. Ladies free before 10pm and all in costume get £2 off the door entry price.

I must commend you on taking the initiative of actually trying to do some research. There have been others who in the past have suggesed ideas but then disappeared (like the OP) or said "I would sort something but don't know MK" just like you but that didn't stop you. Well done and good luck...I tried once but no pleasureer showed.

Edited by nicky

Add on to that something else - I think it's a rare girl who'll wander into a random Milton Keynes pub on a saturday night, full of p1ssed up punters, dressed as Supergirl.... What happens next will probably not be pretty.

To be perfectly honest, even a group of 4 guys dressed as members of SG1 are very likely to find themselves in a world of hurt.

yes reaserch in to said venue is vital but not imposible and i understand people wanting to have an organisation to follow or lead the way and having done several costumes i undestand what you are saying

one way around this is to get charity backing do a little tin shaking and well it just seems not right to give up

that said i have booked for something going on in mk but not allowed to say

hope you all find something to do :poki::YAHOO:

Found this

I must commend you on taking the initiative of actually trying to do some research. There have been others who in the past have suggesed ideas but then disappeared (like the OP) or said "I would sort something but don't know MK" just like you but that didn't stop you. Well done and good luck...I tried once but no pleasureer showed.

yates is ok been in theatre district for a while now and you have a pizza hut opposite if you get hungry, buddha blue is the new place it has replaced rat and parrot,not the biggest of places, you have a few more bars round there like the spice lounge.mood and the big club oceana, lloyds is the most popular and thats where you see people in costume from rocky horror show turn up when it is on or people on stag or hen do's, or if you want a cheap night goto shout £15 entrance and drink free, moon under water is like lloyds but cheaper drinks

Got any pics?

I do but don't think we are allowed to post them on here? Also need to get them on photo bucket quickly before they can be shown on this site, so can't do that till I get home, sorry.

:whistling:

LLAP :blush:

Edited by zebredy

I do but don't think we are allowed to post them on here?

I think you can, I mean your not promoting it anymore cos its over? Just make the pics inconspicuous ones and not with the charity banner or logo in sight. :blush:

If someone else doesn't do it first, I'll try to get a few on here sometime tonight, as my fiance wants to get them all on the computer today anyway.

:whistling:

LLAP :WAVE:

• Showmasters Admin

This threads original purpose (to get people together on Saturday night) is now complete as the show is over, so I am closing this thread.

You have been asked by a Showmaster (Davey) NOT to name or discuss the other event without SMs express permission, so no further threads should be started about it.