How was your Buzz Aldrin Experience?

dijon1322

Went to see the big man today spent £115 on him with photos extra, i have to say the photos available were excellent a real selection well done Autographica, obviously we can winge about the price but lets face it he's the real deal a piece of history so lets leave that at that...

however why the bloody hell is he so miserable i know hes getting on a bit but blimey he struggled to crack a smile from my experience how was yours?

Went to see the big man today spent £115 on him with photos extra, i have to say the photos available were excellent a real selection well done Autographica, obviously we can winge about the price but lets face it he's the real deal a piece of history so lets leave that at that...

however why the bloody hell is he so miserable i know hes getting on a bit but blimey he struggled to crack a smile from my experience how was yours?

Hi Starhunter,

May I ask what you got for £115? Just a signature or with a personalisation?

Im going there tomorrow and want to have an adequate budget! :thumbup:

Also did you get your photo with him back in time to get it signed?

I paid £110. That broke down as £95 signature + £10 Mission Dedication + £5 for a 16x12 picture (*x10s were included as part of the £95). I think a 2 word dedication i.e. "To X" was £10 extra. The photos came back at about 5pm but he finished signing at about 4pm. Then again I heard he had a rotten flight and came straight to the show so he may have been feeling it a bit by then.

Have to say for that reason he wasn't too chatty but he posed well for the picutres, just for Gods sake don't knock the model over if you are having one done like someone did in front of me!

OH MY GOD i must of been just behind you i saw that i didnt know where to look when she knocked it over i didnt know whether to laugh or cry Buzz didnt look best pleased OMG that was funny ... poor blonde woman i bet she thought please ground swallow me up now!!!

oh you know it all i heard was a Thud and gasps!!!! it was like someone had just died i tell you it was funny

yeah COUNT she did they went for a retake after trying to patch it together with some sort of super glue lol and then like you say she nearly did it again ...the camera man was priceless he shreaked "no just stand apart" i bet he nearly had a fit

I paid £110. That broke down as £95 signature + £10 Mission Dedication + £5 for a 16x12 picture (*x10s were included as part of the £95). I think a 2 word dedication i.e. "To X" was £10 extra. The photos came back at about 5pm but he finished signing at about 4pm. Then again I heard he had a rotten flight and came straight to the show so he may have been feeling it a bit by then.

Have to say for that reason he wasn't too chatty but he posed well for the picutres, just for Gods sake don't knock the model over if you are having one done like someone did in front of me!

OMG I know you guys are big fans & all but I think it's a bit off having

to pay for so many extras just for an auto. I would of loved to have

met the astronauts but there's no way I would justify paying so much. :grump:

I basically agree with you, he did seem quite keen to make sure everyone had paid for any extras as well! I had to look at it as a bit of a one off thing that I'll probably never be able to do again. The other way I'd look at it is I used to spend £80 odd quid on a big night out on the beer quite regularly so compared to this that was pure money down the drain (or the toilet!)

Went to Autographica yesterday, and meeting Buzz Aldrin was amazing!! didnt get my photo back in time tho to have it signed, but to be honest, id already spent a fortune, and got signed photos from Al Worden and Scott Carpenter, they too were charming, and quite happy to chat about their missions! Heard the most brilliant conversation between Gene Cernan and Alan Bean, which attracted a small audience who just hung off their every word!!!!! Dont think I will ever hear a conversation like that again!!!! First time ive ever been to anything like this, and I only went to meet the astronauts, but the whole day was brilliant. I came home skint, but very very happy!!!!!!

sam

I think that he will price him self and other Astros out of the market, his base signing fee was £95 and then £10 per mission, that is just greedy, no wonder his room was empty for most of the 2 days.

:blink::WINCE::D

He sure sounds greedy. It's not as if they're the most famous

celebs in or out of this world. I bet the Queen wouldn't charge

us that much! hahaha! :P

A number of thoughts come to my mind.

I met Buzz at the NSC Leicester in 2005 and it was a bun fight - badly organised and run - and he would not sign other stuffother than his own book which the NSC sold out of (They had only 300 and just dished them out), what made it strange was he had to ask Lois about every thing he did! :huh::chair:

I really wanted his autograph in my 'Who's Who in Space' cost £105 (£95 autograph + Mission)

Between you and me he looked ill, he reminded me of my father when he had altzimers... :blush:

He was very short with my friend who asked if he would give a lecture to his astronomical society,

friend 'I heard you are willing to give a lecture' :D

Buzz (very gruff) 'Who told you that?'

friend 'Alan Bean'

Buzz 'WHO?'

friend 'You know Al Bean...'

Buzz 'oh well I gave a presentation to a school in Missori for $50,000' :uhoh:

friend 'Oh, we can meet that' :P

You should have seen Buzz's eye's light up....

I don't know whats his problem, may he's poorly, who knows...

But Gene Cernan was a hoot and a laugh, he liked my Speedmaster Snoopy as he had not seen one before, priceless and well worth the trip. Scott Carpenter and Al Wardon were great fun too!

Jimmy James and Jonny Johnson were fantastic people to meet and - may I say - very moving to have met them. :thumbup:

How was it for you gang? :D

regards and bests von Dawson's Express

i heard on the radio this morning that someone upset buzz aldrin and he stopped meeting people?

Maybe someone asked him if the moon landings were fake!

Pmsl!!!!!! :YAHOO:

The poor guy should be collecting his pension & taking life easy

instead of fleecing everyone of their life savings! :YAHOO:

He wasn't upset. He was tired and jet lagged having only arrived on Saturday morning from America. On Sunday something he'd eaten (probably) had given him a bad case of sickness and he took to his bed in the late afternoon.

Sickness eh?

He's in good company, my daughter :chair: was sick on the way down to London and I was 'calling Hughy on the big white phone' :chair: during saturday night...

Charmed... :chair:

Guess there's some bug going about... :chair:

von Dawson's Express

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the Autographica, just wanted to let you know that I saw a Buzz photo and autograph at the NASA store in Florida and it was 500 Dollars... so yap 95 GBP is a lot (I don't know if I would have paid it) but you still made a bargain *g* :D

• 5 months later...

I saw Buzz present a talk at West Yorkshire Astronomical Society on 30 March 2008, he looked A-OK then!

£50 to sign the entrance ticket,

£90 to sign any thing else...

Thats why he looked OK I guess!

His talk was brillant much better than the 2005 Bun Fight at Leicester...

Regards all

von Dawson's Express