postal strike!

sam1974

I was just wondering about the postal strike in the uk. Im sure i read that the photo op tickets will be posted 2 weeks before the event, which is 2 weeks friday. Does anyone know when they'll be posted to avoid the strikes?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is how they're going to be, I sincerely hope that they don't get a raise. I just had acces to my phone cut off because I had both a bill and payment notice delayed.

check your envelope on your bill....your find it won't say Royal Mail on it....but they are always get the blame for delayed bills....even if its sitting in a depot for Buisiness Post or TNT!

***cough**terrorists**cough***

Not quite the same as walking on to a packed train or bus with a back pack!

:D

If this is how they're going to be, I sincerely hope that they don't get a raise. I just had acces to my phone cut off because I had both a bill and payment notice delayed.

I had a parcel sent out not Saturday just gone, but previous Saturday (29th Sept) was next day delivery, but still hasn't come. Should've come long before the postal strike began! So a parcel that should've been with me within a day or two is now taking two weeks thanks to this postal strike and them not delivering it on time :D

check your envelope on your bill....your find it won't say Royal Mail on it....but they are always get the blame for delayed bills....even if its sitting in a depot for Buisiness Post or TNT!

Actually it does say Royal Mail, in huge capital letters in the right hand corner.

Actually it does say Royal Mail, in huge capital letters in the right hand corner.

really...you with BT...so i guess you waited till you got the reminder bill....before you decided to do anything...then whinge about it being Royal Mails fault!

No. I'm with Orange and so far have somehow missed two bills plus a reminder, one of which was definitely sent out so must have got lost in the post and the other two which are caught in the vortex of postal strikes. Which is neither Orange nor my fault.

Edited by Psychosis

No. I'm with Orange and so far have somehow missed two bills plus a reminder, one of which was definitely sent out so must have got lost in the post and the other two which are caught in the vortex of postal strikes. Which is neither Orange nor my fault.

try direct debit.

Its stupid, i cant believe how much they stop work, they should get there act togther and get back to work! i mean i want post this century! and its my sisters b.day soon and her presant still hasnt arrived!

Dr Evil is going to love you. And I am being sarcastic there. He is a tad derensive of he and his co-workers at the Royal Mail..

Postal strikes are illegal in Australia (as are fire, police etc). All essential services must continue running. Their 'strikes' involve turning up in fancy dress. Shame we don't have that kind of thing here, because the way it's going, the majority of the country are suffering and losing out for the sake of a tiny minority who want some extra cash.

Such strikes such be illegal, its disrupting the country. Hence my terrorism comment.

Its absolutely disgusting!

Can you imagine if every industry had unions??? We'd at a standstill in seconds... lets alone weeks (as RM would have us go)

Get back to work and let the country run as it should!! Whiney sods!! :blink::D:dance::o;):unsure::poki:

If there was some way that I could come in and help sort the mail and deliver it and then I would step and do it and im sure many others would welcome the extra income of doing that!

Unfortunately im sure they have a rule against that too!!! Nowt more selfish than a monopolised service!!

***cough**terrorists**cough***

Not quite the same as walking on to a packed train or bus with a back pack!

:wub:

No, what Royal Mail workers are doing is more subtle at crushing the country than that!

Edited by paul

I can understand some of the reasons behind the strike e.g. people are loosing a lot of money on future pensions I mean how would anyone feel if they have ploughed thousands into a pension scheme only to be told your going to get very little of it? But I do feel it can be handled alot better I mean the other reasons refer to working conditions, didn't they strike about this not long ago? You would of thought they would of got it right the first time round of strikes, although they do tend to appear to strike at the slightest thing and by doing so they are loosing the sympathy of the general public. It reminds me of the old saying 'throwing dummy out of pram' or something along those lines. I mean other people do more important jobs than these (and I am not saying that the job is a worthless/thankless tasks) I am refering to your doctors, nurses, police, fire and the army (and the army have the worst conditions out of the lot I mean they are out serving our queen and protecting the innocent and they get shabby gear and have to live in tents to protect them from bombs). What about Joe Bloggs in the street working there b*lls off for minimum wage and doing so in the poorest conditions you don't hear them grumble.

I just wish the Postman Pats of this world would get Jess in the van and start doing there job!!

Hey, I think the Royal Mail strikes are far from terrorism or crushing the country. If you want to get into that realm of things you need to ask third world countries run by dictators who live the high life whilst most of he country starve.

For terrorism, you should speak to innocent victims of car bombings etc. I can put you in touch with a good friend of mine who lives in London. Her name is Nancy and she lost two friends in the 7/7 attacks. Ask her if she feels the Royal Mail strikes are terrorism.

But, let us be relaistic. The strikes are an inconvenience at worst. I am still getting mail as there are still people working. Granted, I am waiting for a few things in the post, but a bit of communication with the appropriare people and both sides are ont he same page. A birthday card/present delayed is not ideal, but I am sure your sister will be understanding.

Phones being cut off is a pain, but I am sure a phonecall to the company will sort it out. There are things called phoneboxes.

In any strike there are two sides to each story. There will be pros and cons for the strike and for the way Royal Mail are dealing with it. I personally think that the Royal Mail servie should not be legally allowed to strike, but things happen that push people over the edge. At the end of the day, the rank and file workers want to secure their future. They are the footsoldiers so to speak. Not the ivory towers workers.

Trade Unions, albeit a pain in the backside at the best of times, are vital to this country otherwise everyone of us working will struggle for any rights. Any pay rises that are to be negotiated, are done by the Union in the main. Without them you would struggle to function for rights.

Anyway, the more I see about this strike, the more I think that the core reason for striking is somewhat justified. However, the fallout for the average person on the street is too steep to pay.

Edited by AJ Jones

Im not talking about individuals. Im waiting for post myself and its annoying. One thing I know was sent on the 28th September first class and I still havnt got it! Its annoying but i'll wait!

What im talking about is the disruption it cause to British industry and commerce! There are thousands of businesses that could go out of action because of this!! Its disgusting that that this TYPE of terrorism should go on!! Afterall, small businesses should be the cornerstone of our society!

Im not talking about individuals. Im waiting for post myself and its annoying. One thing I know was sent on the 28th September first class and I still havnt got it! Its annoying but i'll wait!

What im talking about is the disruption it cause to British industry and commerce! There are thousands of businesses that could go out of action because of this!! Its disgusting that that this TYPE of terrorism should go on!! Afterall, small businesses should be the cornerstone of our society!

Whether small businesses should be the cornerstone of our society is something for another debate. Simply put, small businesses lost out years ago to corporate buy outs. That will never change.

The disruption to British Industry and commerce will be minimal at worst. Couriers and other mail deliveries are picking up the slack for such businesses. The news coverage tonight was of one or two businesses having to pay more for delivery by other means. This will be covered one way or another, and any good business will be charging way over the odds for postage to account for such emergencies.

Once again, I personally feel that the word terrorism is far too extreme a word to use for this strike. Bullying is too strong a word as well - I am thinking out loud before any says that the didn't say bullying.

The description that I would give it is the big man p*ssing on the small man. The foot soldiers who sort and deliver the mail are being screwed over by the Adam Crozier's of this world. They earn big bucks for sitting on their backside in overlong and pointless meetings to determine how much they should pay themselves.

I personally think that the Royal Mail management should be brought to heel just like the BBC have been recently regarding the licence fee.

These strikers are standing up for themselves and should be commended for sticking to their guns - no matter how much of a pain in the a*se the strikes are. The real "bad guys" are the management negotiators and union officials who are in a p*ssing contest to see who breaks first. It is wrong to the ones who matter.

The description that I would give it is the big man p*ssing on the small man. The foot soldiers who sort and deliver the mail are being screwed over by the Adam Crozier's of this world. They earn big bucks for sitting on their backside in overlong and pointless meetings to determine how much they should pay themselves.

Apt description, but I'd prefer to call it big man (RM) pissing on small man (RM employees) pissing on helpless infants (the rest of the country).

Apt description, but I'd prefer to call it big man (RM) pissing on small man (RM employees) pissing on helpless infants (the rest of the country).

I can live with that as the small man knows that there will be an impact on the helpless infants.