Best SM Signing Experience?

MikeDonovan

What's the best signing experience you've ever had? People talk a lot about the 'poor' signing experiences (i.e. for me, the poorest SM related signing would have to be Shatner), but what are your best experiences? For me it would be : -

Karen Allen - absolutely lovely woman. Very happy to have had the opportunity to meet her. Looked fantastic, and was quite happy to take the time to chat.

Erin Gray - very friendly, very chatty, and still quite hot :)

Alec Gillis at LFCC2: chatted about the Aliens films for 20 mins.

Marc Singer at C9: Was always welcome to have me return to his table over the wkend

Sarah Douglas at C5: Chatty and interesting.

Joe Turkyl at LFCC1: Very enthusiastic.

Rico Ross: Funny guy esp when I mentioned the TV washing ad he did in the 80s he thought no one had seen.

A few others but they spring to mind.

So many.

Amber Benson - one of the nicest people I have ever met

Summer Glau - Meeting her was amazing (get her back again :poki: )

Charisma Carpenter - Very nice to talk to

Adam Baldwin - Really down to earth guy. (I really want to meet him again too)

James Marsters - Met him twice, but still can't wait till G-Mex

Iyari Limon - Nearly passed out when she held my hand :poki:

Alec Gillis at LFCC2: chatted about the Aliens films for 20 mins.

Had to look twice - saw "Alec Guiness" for a moment!

Marc Singer at C9: Was always welcome to have me return to his table over the wkend

Yes he was a really nice bloke - was talking to him about Scuba. He was saying he does a lot of diving around Monterey. Really friendly guy. I hero worshipped him as a kid because of V, and it's always nice to meet someone and have them 'live up to your expectations', so to speak.

Bernard Hill for the wonderfully random conversation about Victorian wedding customs and adult channels in hotel rooms or Maggie Grace just because you don't expect someone that gorgeous to be so friendly and chatty and to do a fantastic 'more tea?' pseudo BBC accent. Rohan Nichols was also a fab discovery - can SM put computers on the organisers' desk again so you can check IMDB and go 'I had no idea (s)he was in that!' so we can discover more like him? Or just get him back?

LFACC 2007 - Mads Mikkelsen.

One of the Collectormania's - Paul Norell (King of the Dead, LOTR), girlfriend and I spent ages talking to him, very nice.

Collectormania 7 - Kristanna Loken - was amazing.

Sam Anderson - fantastic guy with wonderful anecdotes

Ian Somerhalder - just because he made me feel really special. I know he did that with everyone, but it made my day

Billy Boyd - because it always feels like meeting a mate when I meet him

James Callis - because I've known him for many years and when he recognised me after not seeing eachother for about 3 years it was wonderful

I've been lucky actually, I've had no bad experiences. I've had a few disappointing ones, like David Wenham and Grace Park, but no bad ones. My fandoms rule lol!

James Marsters - So friendly and has gorgeous eyes, I nearly died when he shook my hand. :unsure:

I absolutely agree. He was lovely to me, held my hand and gave me a hug.. Such a lovely man. And if i didnt love him enough before i met him, i love him even more now. :unsure:

Ian Somerhalder - He was so kind and seemed really happy to meet me. He also posed for a pic with me.

Juliet Landau - Chatted away to me for ages about Angel and Buffy, shook my hand twice and posed for a pic with me.

William Mapother - Another amazing guy who seemed really interested in talking to me, asked me lots of questions about myself.

I also agree with those who mentioned Dom Monaghan, Sam Anderson and James Marsters, they were all really great.

Edited by Agent Bristow

I can't even remember half of the people I've met at SM events off the top of my head, I've had great experiences with lots of them but the one that sticks out right now is Mark Lutz. I'd met him a few times before but when he did C10, I hadn't seen him for a few years and when I mentioned that he was the first Angel cast member I met and told him where, he remembered a specific story about the event that even I'd forgotten and spent ages repeating the story to me and his assistant. We talked for a while, he sang my name at me, and he was even part of the conversation while I was meeting Elisabeth Rohm, which happened to give me something extra to talk about with Elisabeth.

Yes, Mark gets much love from me!

At SM events I would have to go with:

Nathan Fillion- LFACC 06: Very friendly, chatty and polite. Happy to be there and happy to pose for pics, which he took!

Burt Reynolds- LFACC 2: You knew this one was coming! Again friendly, chatty and seemed very happy to be there. Got a good personalisation on the autograph and a brilliant photo with him. In these days where actors who have been in the latest TV show that has only run for 18 months are called stars, Mr Reynolds is the real McCoy.

Suppose it would be meeting Rene Auberjonois at a collectormania, just because of how nice he was to meet, and the fact that he was everthing my fiance had hoped he would be, friendly, aporchable, great to talk to and even gave my fiance a free auto on his ODO mask....

:unsure:

LLAP :lol:

John Rhys Davies: Took a genuine interest in who I was and what I did. I told him I was studying to be a Primary school teacher because I couldn't handle secondary school kids. He laughed and boomed "No one can handle kids at that age!"

Murray Melvin: I've admired his acting style for years, so meeting him at all was brilliant. I said how much I enjoyed his performance in 'Phantom of the Opera' and he seemed genuinely touched.

Fortunately most have been good...some great. The ones who particularly stand out are:

Burt Reynolds- Lengthy and interesting conversation with my son and I about his career, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. Made us feel really special and not at all rushed.

Carrie Fisher - Wicked lady with a great sense of humour.

John Rhys Davies - Fellow countryman who picked up on the accent and spent a great deal of time chatting as a result.

The Stargate Atlantis Team (although still to meet Torri Higginson) - great bunch...had a great laugh with David Hewlett butting in to several different conversations - photos with all of them...tremendous.

Brandon Routh - Met him on the Monday when everything was quiet and good opportunity to chat and pose for photos.

Sir Norman Wisdom - a comedy icon who did not disappoint...also happy to pose for some great photos...a true star - what more can I say.

Ursula Andress - Expected a diva but she was an absolute delight and so easy to talk to.

Robert Englund - One of the nicest people ever.

and finally, despite the cattle market approach and subsequent bad press, I must admit to being one of the seemingly few people who really enjoyed the experience of meeting and talking to both William Shatner and Patrick Stewart, both experiences I will remember for all the right reasons for some considerable time.

A big thank you to SM as without your shows, none of the above experiences would have been possible.

Edited by Niallsdad

Anthony Montgomery - Friendliest Guy you'll ever meet. I meet him last year and he was fantastic. My brother met him the day before, and he remembered. Admittedly, it doesn't happen very often, so it was a very nice surprise when he did. He was even gracious enough to let me have a photo with him, although he insisted I show teeth, so it came out a little bit dodgy on my part. Still very nice chap - definately reccomend him.