Latest Guest Announcement Andrew Tiernan

showmasters

Regardless of how good or bad the movie ?

Yes, I might not have liked 300 but at least he was an important character in a successful film and may have been in a movie I did like (Interview with The Vampire) and worked with people I admire (directors Zach Snyder and Neil Jordan). Plus we're bound to see him in future movies.

I like movie guests cos they seem to have more longevity and have been "immortalised" and made famous in pop culture - films are generally stand-alone stories you can watch repeatedly that the general public will remember.

Another reason is cos I just like movies rather than TV.

Edited by nicky

I kind of see what you are saying since I met Ernie Hudson, Zach Galligan and Michael Winslow, but not TV cast like Firefly, Star Trek or Buffy. But I would always meet them because I like the movies, not just because they are in a movie. Anyway ..... might as well throw it in that I have met Neil Jordan and he is a top bloke - signed my IWAV video / book boxset :dance:

I just decided to have a look in the announcement thread for Andrew Tiernan, thinking he was the actor who starred in Afterlife. I then realised it was someone else when I saw his picture. I have seen Andrew Tiernan before in a few British TV shows. He's one of those actors who I would recognise straight away but would not be able to name him unless I was reminded.

wenham would be good and we know showmasters can get him :unsure:

David Wenham would be great....don't know anyone else who's seen 'The Proposition' but he's fantastic in that also. One of those actors who's great even if they are featured in crap('The Proposition' is outstanding btw), people like Ron Pearlman or William H Macey, those kind of actors.

Second Gerard Butler too......

Yippeeeeeee!!!! :YAHOO:

Now Gerry'sgirl respectfully requests that the lovely/gorgeous/wonderful genius that is SM gets more 300 guests... IE GERARD BUTLER :dance: Michael Fassbender :D or VINCENT REGAN :dance:

Thanks very much :D

*goes off to do happy dance* :dance:

*cough* Tom Wisdom please. I thank you.

Just realied he wasn't one of the main warriors in 300 so I can't ask about the physical training they did to get in shape...otherwise I would be very interested.

I'm not really interested in knowing about the hunchback's program!!

Director Zack Snyder wanted to depict a Spartan army that was lean and cruel, rippled with muscle built from the hardships of living in Sparta. He wanted his actors to train like those warriors would have trained, with the trust in each other that would show onscreen. So he called up Gym Jones. Gym Jones is not a cozy place. Theres no AC, no comfortable spot to sit and there are no mirrors. Stressors are intentionally designed to cause discomfort and apprehension. Effort and pain may not be avoided. Physical and psychological breakdowns occur. The support of a like-minded group, dedicated to The Art of Suffering, provides a safety net. An individual will push harder and risk more in the company of trustworthy peers and thats one reason the gym is not open to the public. Gym Jones is a private, invitation-only facility located in Utah. The main actors and stunt team trained at the Gym Jones facility and got in to excellent physical condition. To see the transformation copy and paste the link below.

http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=36

I guess there's more on the DVD but havent got it yet.