London Film and Comic Con

showmasters

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
When are the earlybird tickets going on sale?

Earlybird tickets will be onsale on the day. At present there is nothing firmly planned with regard to pre-booking tickets but if there is going to be a pre-sale, it will be announced on the website and/or forum.

Kenny

• Moderators
What's the difference between the early bird tickets? and the standard tickets? It's good you gotta pay to get in. Then you dont really get them just shoppers that go by n that. Is there gonna be any LOTR guests? PWEASE??

Early Bird allows entry 1 hour before Standard.

If you can get VAL iceman Kilmer tou surely can get DE NIRO ALPACINO the greatest actors alive.

o while your @ it get Quentin tarrantino and all the stars from reservior dogs kill bill jackie brown and pulpfiction!!!!!!

i dont ask for much but hay!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Showmasters Admin
I dont know if I'm being stupid or not with this question, but how similar to Collectormania will film and comic con be?

I touched on this in another post, basically LFACC will be very similar to Collectormania in many respects but it will also differ in several key aspects.

The main difference will be the paid entry. This will mean that there will be a smaller attendance consisting mainly of dedicated fans and less crowds of casual onlookers.

By holding the event at Wembley, we will have far more space for dealers, displays, activities, workshops, guest talks etc etc so there will be a lot more to see and do.

The focus of the guests will be slightly more cult because we will be catering for more hardcore fans rather than the general public. Of course we will still be pursuing the big names and the seemingly "impossible" guests.

As you can appreciate, we are still very much in the planning stages of the show, and we would welcome any ideas or suggestions you may have of things you'd like to see, but if I can sum it up, I would tell you to expect plenty of everything that is good about the Collectormania events, plus a whole lot more!

Kenny

I dont know if I'm being stupid or not with this question, but how similar to Collectormania will film and comic con be?

I touched on this in another post, basically LFACC will be very similar to Collectormania in many respects but it will also differ in several key aspects.

The main difference will be the paid entry. This will mean that there will be a smaller attendance consisting mainly of dedicated fans and less crowds of casual onlookers.

By holding the event at Wembley, we will have far more space for dealers, displays, activities, workshops, guest talks etc etc so there will be a lot more to see and do.

The focus of the guests will be slightly more cult because we will be catering for more hardcore fans rather than the general public. Of course we will still be pursuing the big names and the seemingly "impossible" guests.

As you can appreciate, we are still very much in the planning stages of the show, and we would welcome any ideas or suggestions you may have of things you'd like to see, but if I can sum it up, I would tell you to expect plenty of everything that is good about the Collectormania events, plus a whole lot more!

Kenny

Please can we have pre-booked and on the door early entry tickets. As we will be coming a fair distance to the event we want to know that we have already got the tickets in our hands.

Hope this idea helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Please pardon my ignorance. Are there likely to be any Lord OF The Rings guests at London Film and Comic Con? I'm not even trying to find out whether you have invited any of the LOTR cast, I would just like to know whether this is the type of event where they would be considered, or is it more weighed towards science fiction and fantasy?

P.S. Even though I'm a big Elijah Wood (and LOTR) fan, I think Val Kilmer is a good choice. Great in Willow, but my favourite Val Kilmer character was Doc Holiday in Tombstone. Well done for getting him!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin
Please pardon my ignorance. Are there likely to be any Lord OF The Rings guests at London Film and Comic Con? I'm not even trying to find out whether you have invited any of the LOTR cast, I would just like to know whether this is the type of event where they would be considered, or is it more weighed towards science fiction and fantasy?

P.S. Even though I'm a big Elijah Wood (and LOTR) fan, I think Val Kilmer is a good choice. Great in Willow, but my favourite Val Kilmer character was Doc Holiday in Tombstone. Well done for getting him!!!

I think there is a pretty good chance of there being some LOTR guests at LFACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indeed, we actually have something quite special planned! :o And, before you ask, you will have to wait just a little longer to find out what. ;)

Mark

showmasters i just hate how you say things like that, now u know everyone will be continuously bugging you asking what this special thing/guest is! :vader:

Would be really awesome to see some top genre tv guests present Farscape, 24 and G VS E topping my list of course.

Showmasters can you not give a little indication as to when the next guest may possibly be announced?

When you have a terrible day at work, it's awfully nice too come home and read:

"I think there is a pretty good chance of there being some LOTR guests at LFACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Just look at that enthusiasm! Exclamation mark galore!

I didn't really have a bad day at work...........but thanks all the same. :)

It's in London. I live in London. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Taz x

I think there is a pretty good chance of there being some LOTR guests at LFACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indeed, we actually have something quite special planned!  And, before you ask, you will have to wait just a little longer to find out what. 

Mark

Thank you Mark - I am so going to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel: