C12 Gold

paul

I love showmasters, so this isnt a slagging off session. But I do think the C12 Gold ticket is very poor value for money. Without including free photo sessions or at least 3 or 4 free autographs im afraid this gold ticket is awful!!

Im preparing for the onslaught from the usual nay-sayers! So typical in their response...

YAWN....Lol :P

Dont get me wrong, I think the Eclipse and Lockdown have great potential to be value for money Gold pass wise. I just think the already announced C12 Gold pass is pretty awful!! Unless you're planning on getting everyones autograph... at least once!

Cant Showmasters throw in a free photos in int gold pack for C12 to make it more tempting!?? Cos its pretty rubbish if they cant!? Lol

Edited by paul

• Moderators

People tend to buy them to make their day easier etc. Sometimes people can only go for a day, or a few hours, and with the gold pass it's very useful to get everything they want. From feedback I've read, it's never been about the autographs you get with it etc.

It's certainly not going to be worth the money for a lot of people.

if i had money to burn...and if i had known what Sunday was going to be like at Earls Court...i may have seriously considered getting a gold pass...and thats not for the freebies...it would have been for the easy access to all the queues...as it happens i still got all i what that day...but it was a long old day!...gold passes may suit some...but in my opinion i'd rather put the money to better use...i could get at least 10 autographs for that...and ones of my choice!

my advice to people who are not happy with what you get for your gold pass money...simple really don't buy one...they are only limited to 50 so they will sell anyway wether you like the goody bag or not!

I think the point is Dr Evil, that those of us who HAD gold passes for Earls Court, still haven't received ANY goody bags, even 3 weeks after the event! It's not a case of whether we like the goody bag or not, we were told we'd receive one and we haven't. Nor have we had any explanation from Showmasters as to why.

I think the point is Dr Evil, that those of us who HAD gold passes for Earls Court, still haven't received ANY goody bags, even 3 weeks after the event! It's not a case of whether we like the goody bag or not, we were told we'd receive one and we haven't. Nor have we had any explanation from Showmasters as to why.

and what has that got to do with the topic of this thread?

Its directly relevant as the topic is about whether it is good value or not. If you dont get what you've paid for, it's not good value is it?

Can we try and keep that discussion to the other topic please? We don't really need it popping up every time someone wants to talk about a gold pass.

David, do you officially work for Showmasters?...you always talk about them as 'we'...

It IS relevant as to whether the gold pass is good value or not because people who are going to make the decision whether to buy one or not usually look at everything that is supposedly provided by having the pass. If 1 part of the promised package isnt delivered, then the value of it goes down. Everyone who bought gold passes at LFCC is a valuable customer, because we're the ones most likely to buy it again (or not as it would seem now), so WE know if its good value or not. No offence to you, but you're simply crew as far as I know, so you aren't actually affected by this in any way, so your input isn't actually relevant to this discussion.

and just to add to this quickly, I had considered getting a gold pass for C12 as I really want to make sure I meet all the Heroes guests...but I will no longer be doing that, first off because of what's happened with the LFCC goody bags, and also as I don't think it is good value for this event.

Edited by jael001

Its directly relevant as the topic is about whether it is good value or not. If you dont get what you've paid for, it's not good value is it?

Can we try and keep that discussion to the other topic please? We don't really need it popping up every time someone wants to talk about a gold pass.

David, do you work for Showmasters?...you always talk about them as 'we'... If not, why exactly do you seem to butt in on every discussion? It IS relevant as to whether the gold pass is good value or not because people who make the decision whether to buy one or not usually look at everything that is supposedly provided by having the pass. If 1 part of the promised package isnt delivered, then the value of it goes down. Everyone who bought gold passes at LFCC is a valuable customer, because we're the ones most likely to buy it again (or not as it would seem now), so we know if its good value or not.

did you get to jump all the queues at Earls Court?....did you get to sit at the front of all the talks?....did you have to race through the doors to grab virtual tickets for the guests you wanted to meet?...when you do get your goody bag will you be posting on here that you weren't happy with what you got in it?

Edited by Dr Evil

• Moderators

I didn't say 'we' as in 'Showmasters' - I mean the forum in general.

People are going round making snide remarks every time someone brings up a gold pass discussion when you've been told that Andrea isn't even back until Monday apparently.

As a moderator, I was only asking politely enough to stop with the comments everywhere. It's not like the other topic has been closed.

People can easily get the wrong idea about Showmasters and the Gold Pass if you're all going around making those comments - and at the end of the day, it's just the goody bag that you're having issues with, but it doesn't come across that way.

David, do you work for Showmasters?...you always talk about them as 'we'... If not, why exactly do you seem to butt in on every discussion? It IS relevant as to whether the gold pass is good value or not because people who make the decision whether to buy one or not usually look at everything that is supposedly provided by having the pass. If 1 part of the promised package isnt delivered, then the value of it goes down. Everyone who bought gold passes at LFCC is a valuable customer, because we're the ones most likely to buy it again (or not as it would seem now), so we know if its good value or not.

did you get to jump all the queues at Earls Court?....did you get to sit at the front of all the talks?....did you have to race through the doors to grab virtual tickets for the guests you wanted to meet?

Yes we did, but that doesn't mean that because we got that, we shouldn't get the rest of the package we were promised. I do think for what I paid, that it was good value for LFCC, however, the same can't be said for C12. There are usually very few talks from what I understand, there's no having to race through the doors, and so the only real value apart from the goody bags is the chance to go to the front of autograph queues. And for C12 I don't think its good value. Maybe the solution is to charge less for Gold Passes at Collectormania events and more at events that charge entry such as LFCC and Gmex which also tend to have bigger guests.

I didn't say 'we' as in 'Showmasters' - I mean the forum in general.

People are going round making snide remarks every time someone brings up a gold pass discussion when you've been told that Andrea isn't even back until Monday apparently.

As a moderator, I was only asking politely enough to stop with the comments everywhere. It's not like the other topic has been closed.

People can easily get the wrong idea about Showmasters and the Gold Pass if you're all going around making those comments - and at the end of the day, it's just the goody bag that you're having issues with, but it doesn't come across that way.

David, do you as a moderator have the power to speak on behalf of Showmasters and give a proper explanation as to what happened with the goody bags? Do you even know what happened?

I think we have a right to complain and to moan and whinge about it. We've heard absolutely nothing about it. No-one has even had an email response to queries about it. If it does put people off buying their gold passes for other events straight away, well then maybe that's a good thing. Maybe that will bring it to the attention of those that CAN give an apology and an explanation. The excuse that Andrea is away isn't really good enough. Jason is the boss, why can't he come here and say sorry?

The discussion HAD to be moved to the C12 threads because we were totally ignored over in the LFCC threads, and now, apart from you, we're being ignored again. The point is WE, those of us who had gold passes for LFCC, many of us having had them previously, are, and I say it again, the ones most likely to buy them again, and yet none of us will if we continue to be ignored. That's a big loss in revenue!

did you get to jump all the queues at Earls Court?....did you get to sit at the front of all the talks?....did you have to race through the doors to grab virtual tickets for the guests you wanted to meet?

Yes we did, but that doesn't mean that because we got that, we shouldn't get the rest of the package we were promised. I do think for what I paid, that it was good value for LFCC, however, the same can't be said for C12. There are usually very few talks from what I understand, there's no having to race through the doors, and so the only real value apart from the goody bags is the chance to go to the front of autograph queues. And for C12 I don't think its good value. Maybe the solution is to charge less for Gold Passes at Collectormania events and more at events that charge entry such as LFCC and Gmex which also tend to have bigger guests.

if they dropped the price for C12....there will always be someone who isn't happy about that!...LFCC in my opinion was unique in the fact they had some very big guests which attracted people that would never generally attend an event like that...so having a gold pass just for that made it worth while regardless of the goody bag....The milton Keynes events do attract big guests...and the gold passes are useful for some who have limited time at the events....i usually stay all day so am happy to wait....if your not happy with the value of the C12 pass....just simply don't buy one!

Edited by Dr Evil

• Moderators

Jael001 - I understand that, and I've asked Showmasters if they can post in the other topic if/when they have time etc, so we'll just have to wait and see. I don't have any idea about it, so that's why I've not said anything.

All I'm simply trying to do is reason with those who are disgruntled - I have no problem with people being annoyed/disappointed, I just don't think it needs to be everywhere.

For example >THIS TOPIC< - there's no real need for anyone to make snide remarks like that, and it's starting to happen every time someone mentions a gold pass.

Snide comment -> someone asking what happened -> someone has to explain -> people get annoyed -> someone has to try and calm it down.

I just dont want that happening in every topic. It's really not going to get you an answer any quicker I'm afraid.

I've tried to be reasonable and ask politely enough. That's all I can do :D

Edited by DavidB

I do understand where you're coming from David, but there are clearly a lot of us disappointed and annoyed customers and although I'll (hopefully) not be posting about this again, I don't see some of the others shutting up about it anytime soon.

Jael001 - I understand that, and I've asked Showmasters if they can post in the other topic if/when they have time etc, so we'll just have to wait and see. I don't have any idea about it, so that's why I've not said anything.

All I'm simply trying to do is reason with those who are disgruntled - I have no problem with people being annoyed/disappointed, I just don't think it needs to be everywhere.

For example >THIS TOPIC< - there's no real need for anyone to make snide remarks like that, and it's starting to happen every time someone mentions a gold pass.

Snide comment -> someone asking what happened -> someone has to explain -> people get annoyed -> someone has to try and calm it down.

I just dont want that happening in every topic. It's really not going to get you an answer any quicker I'm afraid.

I've tried to be reasonable and ask politely enough. That's all I can do :D

Hi DavidB ,

I didnt realise I had made a Snide Comment . If you want me to I will edit the post or remove . I was only saying be careful . As theres nothing worse than paying for something and not getting what you paid for thats all .

Gav