Gold Pass Goody Bags

Fry

Due to the postal strike, we do not want to delay people waiting on their goody bags any longer. Hence we have come up with the following solution, which doesn't require depending on the post.

We will give each person who bought a gold pass (excepting those who have already been sent a goody bag) a free photo shoot at any of our shows over the next year, for any one photo shoot priced up to £20. This can be claimed in advance of the show through the online shop - simply go to the shop, enter a random number instead of your card number (so there is no way of accidentally charging you for the ticket), and include a note stating that you are claiming your free photo shoot. Your order name will be checked off against the list we have for gold pass holders from LFCC, and the order put through. We think this is actually a better option than the goody bags. Those of you who have received your goody bag, if you want to take up this option instead of the goody bag, just return it to us. Thanks for your patience, and we hope you will enjoy your free photo shoot.

Good idea, please could you get lots of Buffy/Angel/Supernatural/Invasion/4400/Hex guests for May 08 so as I can take up on the offer - I would even drop £5 of it for Andy Hallett.......... :YAHOO:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou Showmasters for posting a reply so quickly.

At least this is in black & white and specific. Hopefully it will bring this issue to a peaceful close.

Yes, please can we now go back to discussing public sector pension schemes :YAHOO:

(Actually were somebody to post some sort of related thread in the general discussion forum, I would probably be minded to contribute... just don't want to drag this back off topic)

I suppose it can be read in both ways depending on how you wish to read it.

It is not specific that Showmasters will not send out anymore Goody Bags.

I suppose that clarification of whether anymore Goody Bags will be dispatched is needed as not all Gold Pass purchasers may regularly post on here, and thus will not be informed of the new option.

Andrea @ Showmasters, or anyone else @ Showmasters, could you possibly clarify this for the people waiting for their Goody Bags so that there is no misunderstanding?

Many thanks in advance Showmasters.

We've posted it on the forum first, but we will e-mail out to all the gold pass holders from LFCC, so everyone knows the option.

Those who do not wish to wait any longer may go with the free photo shoot, as between the strike and the time it then takes for the postal service to catch up on the backlog, there would be an additional delay to people getting the goody bag. We'd like to avoid keeping people waiting any longer.

Those who prefer to have the goody bag can still have one.

Heres a Good Idea for you Showmasters . How about send out the Goody Bags anyway and as a Goodwill Gesture give peeps the Free Photo Shoot as well .

At the end of the day we have been treated a little poorly . So still get the bags that we all should have had anyway .....

Dont know what anyone else thinks about that ?

Gav

I have just been trying to add things up

Goody bags cost between £1-£20 = £20 (?)

4 signed photos cost between £10 - £15 = £50

entry early bird time on 2 or 3 days £10 each day = £30

total £100 (?)

+

the Virtual Queue ticket = £0.00

Priority Seating in the talks = £0.00

Total £175.00(?)

Edited by BLACKKNIGHTS

total £100 (?)

What you're missing in your total is the two things that are the main purpose of the Gold Pass actually. :crying:

You get to join the end of any queue at any time without a Virtual Queue ticket and you get Priority Seating in the talks.

That convenience comes with a price tag, too. :angel:

total £100 (?)

What you're missing in your total is the two things that are the main purpose of the Gold Pass actually. :crying:

You get to join the end of any queue at any time without a Virtual Queue ticket and you get Priority Seating in the talks.

That convenience comes with a price tag, too. :angel:

exactly....some people seem to have forgotten what the gold pass is actually all about....its the convenience of queue jumping,front row seats in all the talks...bet none of them had to join the mad dash for virtual tickets at Earls Court,bet they got to meet all the guests they had planned to see...if i had bought a gold pass,it wouldn't have been for the goody bag...it would have been so i wouldn't have missed out on the guests i wanted to see....instead people are still bitching over a goody bag...that they will more than likely not be happy with the content anyway!....

The photoshoot is a nice offer, but worries me a tad. If you can forget to bring goody bags for your top paying clients (or even forget to send them out), who is to say that you will not loose the list in a year or so time.

Currently its an issue of confidence and currently, this is something Im lacking in concerning SM.

Edited by Fry

The photoshoot is a nice offer, but worries me a tad. If you can forget to bring goody bags for your top paying clients (or even forget to send them out), who is to say that you will not loose the list in a year or so time.

Currently its an issue of confidence and currently, this is something Im lacking in concerning SM.

Make sure you keep hold of proof that they charged you - statements etc - and there is a way you can prove that you purchased one. Confidence is low, but try working with them as some people's rather forceful comments (not naming who as I am trying to suggest solutions for everyone) may put the backs up of Showmasters.

By their own comments, Showmasters acknowledge that they have fallen far short of complying with the boundries of a Gold Pass and the benefits it brings. They are trying to make it right, but some people askign for compensation on top are going to risk spoiling it for everyone else at this rate. If those of you who have never organised or help organise a convention or signing event knew what went into it, then you would realise the stresses and strains. It is not a case of having endless staff working 24/7 as they would not be financially viable. Many rival organisations have dropped by the highway for stretching themselves, whereas SM have gradually built up.

So, lets all be peaceful and work with Showmasters to get this sorted out. Otherwise, you will probably not enjoy the next event ot two...

Take care everyone...the bus is calling me...

Wil

Edited by AJ Jones

this is for JAEL001 sorry i cannot seem to contact you any other way, if you still have the joe pantiliano autograph i'd be interested in buying it from you, he is one of the guests i missed out on.

kurgan

• Showmasters Admin
exactly.... some people seem to have forgotten what the gold pass is actually all about. It's the convenience of queue jumping, front row seats in all the talks. I bet non of the gold pass holders had to join the mad dash for virtual tickets at Earls Court and met all the guests they had planned to see. If I had bought a gold pass it wouldn't have been for the goody bag; it would have been so I wouldn't miss out on the guests I wanted to see without having to get up rediculously early.

But instead people are still bitching over a goody bag which it seems they would not be happy with anyway!

I would just like to say that the gold pass was made up to accomodate people with little time who were happy to pay a premium to get in to meet the guests without having to wait too long in a line or get to the venue early to get virtual queue tickets or talk tickets. The contents of the goody bags will never be worth £175, the cost of the pass is for the privilages and conveniences that go with it. The extras such as the goody bags are just that... extra items given away for free on top of the real benefits of the gold pass. And the money raised from the gold passes goes towards paying for the set-up of the talks at some of the shows, allowing us to make them free for the other members of the public.

Yes, we did drop the ball on the goody bags this time and we have tried to put this right. We are decent people, many of you know us and should know by now that we will resolve this situation in a fair way for everyone. But I do think that one or two people in this thread have used this sitation to try to damage us in some way, which in the long run only damages the opportunities we try to bring you. This is sad, as we try to run the best events we can. We know we can't please everyone all of the time but we do go out of our way to try to give you a great day, so we hope you understand were we are coming from.

Thanks for listening

Jason

Jason do we just bring our gold ticket to C12?

You mean bring the Gold Ticket in order to claim the free photo shoot?

Jason has said these can be claimed in advance through the shop:

This can be claimed in advance of the show through the online shop - simply go to the shop, enter a random number instead of your card number (so there is no way of accidentally charging you for the ticket), and include a note stating that you are claiming your free photo shoot. Your order name will be checked off against the list we have for gold pass holders from LFCC, and the order put through.