Prison Break - Season 3 Premiere

DavidB

• Moderators

WARNING: As these will air a week before in the US compared to UK, there may be spoilers in episode discussions for those watching at UK pace. Please don't put spoilers for future episodes in these posts.

PBS3.jpg

Just when they thought they were out, they are pulled back in - for the most dangerous escape ever. Entering its dramatic and action-packed third season, PRISON BREAK finds MICHAEL SCOFIELD (Wentworth Miller) wrongly incarcerated in Sona, a hellish Panamanian prison where there are no rules, no guards and no escape.

After successfully breaking his older brother LINCOLN BURROWS (Dominic Purcell) out of Fox River Penitentiary for a murder he did not commit (Season One), Michael, Lincoln and several other convicts were the targets of a nationwide manhunt that eventually led them to tropical Panama (Season Two). Despite Lincoln's exoneration for his alleged crimes, the brothers' freedom and happiness were short-lived as Michael was framed and sent to Sona Prison by "The Company," the same government conspiracy that originally put Lincoln behind bars.

Sona (inspired by the actual Carandiru Prison in Brazil) is unlike any American prison. A murderous riot amont the inmates has driven all the guards and authorities from the premises, leaving the prison with its own warped hierarchy and code of ethics.

Once inside Sona, Michael must protect himself from a trio of enemies - ALEX MAHONE (William Fichtner), the renegade FBI agent who was revealed to be involved with The Company; BRAD BELLICK (Wade Williams), the former Fox River prison-guard-turned-hapless-bounty-hunter; and the one-handed, homicidal pedophile THEODORE "T-BAG" BAGWELL (Robert Knepper) - making Michael's plans for escape even more difficult and complicated.

With the tables turned this time around, Lincoln must work outside the prison walls to help pull off the escape. With the clock ticking, Michael and Lincoln must figure out a way to reunite their loved ones, bring down The Company and engineer the most thrilling prison break yet.

I edited out names of characters we've not seen yet etc.

As we know, Abruzzi, Tweener, and Haywire are dead, while Sucre's status is unclear, as is Kellerman's - though him being in the Grey's Anatomy spin-off doesn't make things look promising :smile: and C-Note is living his life free somewhere - for now?

Edited by DavidB

Man I'm getting excited. The trailers make that prison look scary as hell.

Although their are Panamanian prisons similar to Sona, as there are in many Central American countries with one in El Salvador where the Prison Officers never come into the main prison area, it is a Brazilian prison that it is modelled on.

With any luck, by this time tomorrow I will be watching Episode One from the States..I have missed my weekly does of T-Bag!!

I moved your post to here as I'm not quite sure why you made another one so please feel free to use the pre-existing one I'll make every week and pin :D

Cheers David....I didn't have my glasses on and thus missed the thread..must use glasses more often..blind as a bat these days!!!

• Moderators

No problem - I'll be putting the spoiler warning at the top for each episode so UK-watchers know that it'll be discussed at US pace probably :D

Now I've been trying to find out for sure, but it looked like Sala Baker from 'Lord of the Rings' that played the guy that Michael had a fight with ..

No problem - I'll be putting the spoiler warning at the top for each episode so UK-watchers know that it'll be discussed at US pace probably :smile:

Now I've been trying to find out for sure, but it looked like Sala Baker from 'Lord of the Rings' that played the guy that Michael had a fight with ..

I will have a look again, but he is not listed anywhere for being in Prison Break Season 3 as of yet.

I think the main reason I liked this new episode was because... "Back to the old skool"

It was more like classic season 1 prison break.

I loved the classic season 1 prison break music when T-Bag walked in. Awesome!

James

Definately, that's what I found. Last season was a bit of a mess, it felt a bit disorganised so it's going to be great to watch it return to its old self. Michaels prison break out of Sona is bound to be an exciting season :D

This season is being advertised as a "Good time to break in", so I think it will be a rounding out of the overall storyline. Season 2 was hurt by the fact that it was originally only meant to be half a season, but due to it's immense popularity, it was rewritten and elongated. However, I personally loved piecing the clues together and was pleased that the story was not rushed. I get the impression that Season 3 will enable watchers to watch all three seasons back to back and fully understand it.

I'm positive it was - the way he walked, build, everything.

I guess we'll have to wait and ask him!

I re-checked IMDB as I looked the other day. The character of WORLD was in a 22 minute special released in January 2007, as were numerous internet/mobile spin offs called Proof Of Innocence. There is currently no listing for Sala in episode one. I also checked the stunt persons list and he is not on that either. I will try and confirm it one way or another.

Edited by AJ Jones

I love the fact that they have used pre existing prisons as models for Fox River and Sona. Fox River was mainly filmed at Joliet Prison, and Sona Prison is based on an infamous prison in Brazil.

A great opener, and sets it up straight a way rather than dripping the storyline slowly.

I have been checking all of the traditional as well as the non-traditional websites concerning Sala Baker's tenure in Prison Break. It currently stands as a one off appearance as WORLD in a special called THE ROAD TO FREEDOM released in January 2007. The Sona Fight Club combatant is still unnamed.

I have been checking all of the traditional as well as the non-traditional websites concerning Sala Baker's tenure in Prison Break. It currently stands as a one off appearance as WORLD in a special called THE ROAD TO FREEDOM released in January 2007. The Sona Fight Club combatant is still unnamed.

From Theonering.net:

Sala Baker Imprisoned in Panama?

9/17/07, 9:14 pm EST - Xoanon

No, you were not seeing things when you caught the season 3 premiere of 'Prison Break' tonight on FOX, that was Sala Baker. Baker, who played a few roles in the LOTR trilogy (most notably Sauron), had a small role as 'World' in tonight's episode. Sharp eyed fans may have even caught his Eye of Sauron tattoo during the pivotal final fight scene