Future of RingCon

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

SM,

By all means, please hold another show UK - with the advantage of the day tickets for those of us who can't commit to the full weekend. Also, if more big names were scheduled to appear, such as Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Sir Ian McKellen etc ... then another show - bearing in mind the sort of event it is - would be a much safer bet than, say, a Collectormania event.

Not that I'm rubbishing any of SM's events - but from a point of safety and also the point of avoiding the chavs who would be likely to rush Orlando as he was in Pirates of the Caribbean if he or any of the other big names turned up to a standard free entry show like Collectormania.

Andy, JRD & David Wenham are good guests - but I think people may be wanting more of the big names (who haven't been to other SM events in the UK) - before myself & my fiancee would buy tickets. That's just economics on our side, nothing against the events themselves or the organisers.

Cheers,

Felice

can't chavs be LOTR'S fans too ? :huh:

we have had big names already to CM MK and it has never been a safety issue :D

and i will take on board that if we get Orlando to RC UK we will sell more tickets :D

and if we have day tickets we will sell more tickets but would have to sell 3 times as much to get the numbers were they should be :huh:

thank you for advice

jason :WAVE:

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I made some suggestions on an earlier page, I have to be quite honest and say that even if you had a weekend dedicated to panels and/or classes (especially) with Andy Serkis, I'd still go and be incredibly happy about it. I'm not regretting getting my gold ticket, and I do hope that Jason and SM decide to proceed with it. If you do, I've been telling people for years that I'd pay handsomely for a Master Class with Serkis, so if that is offered, I'll be first in line to pay extra for it.

David Wenham and JRD really are lovely additions, and I hope you can get them. As far as I'm concerned, anyone that you can get from LotR would be welcome, with the possible exception of Shelob. :D

Shelob I think I could cope with - the Nazgul, on the other hand... :eek::P

See, I'm rather intrigued by the Nazgul, and I quite like their mounts! I've been asking my husband for a Fell Beast for years, but he just doesn't seem to like the idea too much. I really can't understand why... :firedevil:

Shelob I think I could cope with - the Nazgul, on the other hand... :eek::help:

See, I'm rather intrigued by the Nazgul, and I quite like their mounts! I've been asking my husband for a Fell Beast for years, but he just doesn't seem to like the idea too much. I really can't understand why... :firedevil:

I don't know why he's against the idea, it's not as if you've asked him for a warg! :P

SM,

By all means, please hold another show UK - with the advantage of the day tickets for those of us who can't commit to the full weekend. Also, if more big names were scheduled to appear, such as Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Sir Ian McKellen etc ... then another show - bearing in mind the sort of event it is - would be a much safer bet than, say, a Collectormania event.

Not that I'm rubbishing any of SM's events - but from a point of safety and also the point of avoiding the chavs who would be likely to rush Orlando as he was in Pirates of the Caribbean if he or any of the other big names turned up to a standard free entry show like Collectormania.

Andy, JRD & David Wenham are good guests - but I think people may be wanting more of the big names (who haven't been to other SM events in the UK) - before myself & my fiancee would buy tickets. That's just economics on our side, nothing against the events themselves or the organisers.

Cheers,

Felice

can't chavs be LOTR'S fans too ? :huh:

we have had big names already to CM MK and it has never been a safety issue :firedevil:

and i will take on board that if we get Orlando to RC UK we will sell more tickets :P

and if we have day tickets we will sell more tickets but would have to sell 3 times as much to get the numbers were they should be :huh:

thank you for advice

jason :eek:

If you get Orlando you would be able to sell out an event like this several times over.............It would be a major achievement and would appeal to fans of LOTR, Pirates and others. He could probably sell out an event on his own.

Shelob I think I could cope with - the Nazgul, on the other hand... :eek::help:

See, I'm rather intrigued by the Nazgul, and I quite like their mounts! I've been asking my husband for a Fell Beast for years, but he just doesn't seem to like the idea too much. I really can't understand why...:firedevil:

I don't know why he's against the idea, it's not as if you've asked him for a warg! :firedevil:

That's it, exactly! I mean, both creatures will rid you of neighbours that don't deserve to live, of course, but Wargs are always yipping and fussing and shedding and drooling, and then there's the stench! Besides, their gait is choppy and painful to sit, after an hour or so. Fell Beasts, on the other hand, have a lovely, smooth glide and won't fall off your roof when they sit on it. They're perfect, really. :P

(Sorry for going a bit OT, SM!) :huh:

SM,

Cheers,

Felice

can't chavs be LOTR'S fans too ? :wub:

we have had big names already to CM MK and it has never been a safety issue ;)

and i will take on board that if we get Orlando to RC UK we will sell more tickets :D

and if we have day tickets we will sell more tickets but would have to sell 3 times as much to get the numbers were they should be :wub:

thank you for advice

jason :P

If you get Orlando you would be able to sell out an event like this several times over.............It would be a major achievement and would appeal to fans of LOTR, Pirates and others. He could probably sell out an event on his own.

I don't doubt they would sell out, but what you need to consider is that bringing in too big a name would have repercussions for the event just as much. Yes, I'm sure SM would love the event to be populated, but to the point where so you so many people attending, if this were to turn into the LFCC you might end up with MAJOR problems. Patrick, Dom and the Heroes cast turned the Sunday of LFCC into an absolute nightmare. Orlando Bloom turns up to this and it may get to a point where people find it difficult to breathe what with the location being more heavily packed than a busy underground train during peak time.

I don't doubt they would sell out, but what you need to consider is that bringing in too big a name would have repercussions for the event just as much. Yes, I'm sure SM would love the event to be populated, but to the point where so you so many people attending, if this were to turn into the LFCC you might end up with MAJOR problems. Patrick, Dom and the Heroes cast turned the Sunday of LFCC into an absolute nightmare. Orlando Bloom turns up to this and it may get to a point where people find it difficult to breathe what with the location being more heavily packed than a busy underground train during peak time.

I don't know, though - maybe there's an upper limit for the event to be borne in mind based on the capacity of the venue? If it's an all-ticket event, and numbers look likely to go above that limit, then there would surely have to be a cut-off point in terms of numbers attending to avoid exactly that situation arising.

:wub:;)

Um...also, I know this forum's an excellent meeting place, but...um...at the risk of offending anyone, I don't think it's a good place to be asking questions about another show Germany...

:D:P

:wub::D

Um...also, I know this forum's an excellent meeting place, but...um...at the risk of offending anyone, I don't think it's a good place to be asking questions about another show Germany...

:P:wub:

Hear! Hear! After all, if the shoe was on the other foot and we went onto the another show Germany forums to ask questions about the UK one....;)

• Showmasters Admin

:(:blush:

:blush::blush:

Hear! Hear! After all, if the shoe was on the other foot and we went onto the another show Germany forums to ask questions about the UK one....:headscratch:

well we were joint partners on running this event up till 2 days ago when thay pulled out of any responsabilaty for the event so thay will not be helping run it nore be responsable for any losses

so that did not help much :lol:

but we are still working on it and i will know tomorow about guests, so we will find out if we get a big name to pull this event together if we do then it will be a sucsess and thay will want to be apart of it agin if not than its nothing to do with them now so it will be down to us to fase the music :YAHOO:

eather way tomorow we will know

thank you all for trying and helping try to keep this alive

well will see what happons

jason :WAVE:

thanks Jason, look forward to hearing something.

I got the formal invite to my friend's son's barmitzvah today and I can't give her an answer as to whether I'll be there or not until I know for sure whether another show is going ahead or not.

well we were joint partners on running this event up till 2 days ago when thay pulled out of any responsabilaty for the event so thay will not be helping run it nore be responsable for any losses

so that did not help much

Any respect I had for Ring Con Germany organisers has just gone down the plug hole!

That just sucks.

Good luck Jason!

I agree with what Swan has just said, I've been to another show twice and I'm not at all impressed.

Good Luck Jason

Yeh but look at how good and popular Ring Con Germany is. Maybe they don't want to be associated with an event that at the moment, doesn't seem to be going far? Maybe like some of the people on this forum, the German people have lost faith in Ring Con UK?

So they don't want to be apart of Ring Con UK, what the problem, do people on this forum believe showmasters can't run this event at all without the German event organisers help. Showmasters have run events in the past with out other organisers help, why not now hey?

I dunno, what do you guys think?

zebredy, I think that a lot of the people that bought tickets early on (including myself) did it on the basis that another show Germany has been a huge success with the fans and we hoped that the fact that they were partnered with SM on another show UK meant that the combination of experience would ensure we'd get an equal if not better convention here. Sadly this seems not to be the case.

Edited by jael001

I agree with what Swan has just said, I've been to another show twice and I'm not at all impressed.

Good Luck Jason

Yeh but look at how good and popular Ring Con Germany is. Maybe they don't want to be associated with an event that at the moment, doesn't seem to be going far? Maybe like some of the people on this forum, the German people have lost faith in Ring Con UK?

So they don't want to be apart of Ring Con UK, what the problem, do people on this forum believe showmasters can't run this event at all without the German event organisers help. Showmasters have run events in the past with out other organisers help, why not now hey?

I dunno, what do you guys think?

@Swan: You are not impressed by what? That a group with a reputation to uphold and many fans in Germany who love them decided not to supporter an organiser who decides 2 months before an event to get in touch with its patrons? C'mon. Sound business deals deserve respect from both parties and maybe another show Germany didn't get it? I have been lurking for a long time and when RC Germany is attacked by a partner, I find it strange.

I've been to all the Germany shows and they are beyond comparison. Dirk Bartholoma is a great businessman and whatever reasons he had to pull out of all of this, it is in no way different than the majority of opinions on this board. I think Dirk should be asked why before judgement is passed. I'm sure none of you would want to be judged by anyone who didn't know the full story. This is strange that Dirk would pull out now if he didn't have a very good reason.

And about Jason bashing another show Germany organisers about wanting to be a part of his group again once this big named guest is announced? How childish is that? That says a lot to me about SM. And from someone trying to gain respect from fans who have been waiting for news for months. It sounds like something out of a schoolyard and I should know. I teach 5 year old kinder.

Conventions are NOT about the guest, as many here have already agreed with, and you are fooling yourself if you think so. Go to a Germany show and see for yourself.

I'll stay in my own country for my own shows because I don't want to give my money to a poorly orgsanised company who thinks his attendees and partners should kiss his bottom.

I hope Dirk posts here so we can understand what has happened. This sounds awfully strange to me.

EDITED BY MODERATOR: Please don't bring issues that other conventions had with members here on this board. :thumbup:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

If they were indeed joint partners, then surely it is equally RC Germany's responsibility to help organise it and get guests? They can't expect to have Showmasters do 100% of the work yet be associated with its success regardless.

I agree.