Future of RingCon

showmasters

These possible guest announcements are very welcomed as I believe people haven't booked thus far due to not knowing who would be attending. They've been holding off to see if it would be worth it. Although David Wenham and JRD are great guests, I'm not sure they're really the crowd pullers people were hoping for. I've already booked and paid for my ticket so it's not going to make a blind bit of difference to me as I'll be there whoever attends.

I do think you should put something on the main website asap though, thats where most people will be looking for news, they don't always look at these boards.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as someone who has already booked too...I am well excited about the prospect of meeting David Wenham. I haven't met him before, so him being there is just awesome for me.

I do hope you don't consider cancelling this and other guests can be persuaded to attend...flight fare and hotel booking money is a lot to have to forfeit, especially when you have paid x2.

BTW..I agree with Banished from rohan..Howard Shore would be a major plus :)

I think these are great guests - but I would still be hesitant to buy a ticket on the pretence I would get their autographs for one main reason. I know for a fact that guests can pull out at the very last minute, and if I've bought my ticket to see a particular guest then it can be a let down. But "Daisy" does need to add his picture and scribble to the "family album" (after all he does marry my daughter roflmao!) so it grabs my interest immensly.

I go to these cons for the atmosphere and meeting my friends however, but would still like to see more announced before I make my final decision.

P.S Hello Poppy <3

Wow, you go out for a few hours and look what happens! I personally am ectastic about the prospect of these guests! Meeting JRD especially would be great as I loved him in sliders (and LOTR, of coarse :D ) I have already got my ticket and hope this is a great sign of things to come! :dance:

C'mon SM confirm these guests, get SJ to upload the new website and lets all have a great time...you know you want too :P

Having met all three guests before (JRD and Andy on several occasions), I won't be attending unless day tickets go on sale. By this I don't mean that I only want first-timers cos that's not the case. But these particular guests - lovely as they are - don't mean much to me (though Andy is a superb guest). But nice to finally get some input from SM, which has been quite shockingly lacking.

:dance: Well I have not met David or JRD and I think they will be fantastic guests. I am one of those odd folks who don't mind if they have seen a guest before so any would do for me (I need something to justify my gold ticket!) and all the LOTR guests I have seen have been really entertaining, genuine and truly nice people. So as long as there is a good varied line-up I'll be happy. (but if you want more suggestions, Alan Lee, John Howe, Jed Brophy, Sandro Kopp.......)

:D...I must not ask for Viggo!...I must not ask for Viggo!...I must not ask for Viggo!...I must not ask for Viggo! :P

I've been away and had a think about this now and personally, I think as much as Daisy and JRD to this event is an attractive prospect, personally I do think it's too little too late.

OK, the focus of myself and Yeltz-lass attending is actually to see Andy again and we would love for this event to go ahead so we can, and also to see David whom we've never met, but the lack of proper programming of this event by SMs is very disheartening. It wasn't even advertised at LFACC as far as I could make out. Surely a few weeks before an event, you would pull out all the stops to get bums on seats!

I'm sure the costumers are happy, but what about talks/discussion panels revolving around the actual books themselves? Yes it would be nice to get some of the 'backroom' boys and girls on board, but surely this event isn't just about the films, but the books themselves too. I've not read LOTR or The Hobbit for about 25-26 years, but it would be nice to focus not just on the films. Why haven't The Tolkein Society been approached to take part in this much heralded first UK another show?

I haven't actually expressed my opinion about the event (apart from the whole Radisson shambles) before because frankly I feel don't have anything of worth to contribute to this board full stop.

Rosie

Edited by RosiePosieDanderfluff

C'mon SM confirm these guests, get SJ to upload the new website and lets all have a great time...you know you want too :D

Think you've hit the nail on the head here - if it looks like SM can get David and JRD, then the sooner it can be confirmed and go onto the website, the better! :dance:

C'mon SM confirm these guests, get SJ to upload the new website and lets all have a great time...you know you want too :D

Think you've hit the nail on the head here - if it looks like SM can get David and JRD, then the sooner it can be confirmed and go onto the website, the better! :dance:

I'll believe that when I see it! :P

Ok, maybe that last comment was a bit harsh, but hey! who's listening to me anyway? :D

Don't worry i'm listening!

Too harsh?...perhaps! :D

Frustration does that to you though, I think. :P

Well, you've seen what happens when I'm pushed to the limit...don't want that happening again in a hurry! :unsure:

My husband and I would definitely attend if these 2 actors were going to be there - we've been thinking about it for a while but we're only really into the meeting the guests and collecting autographs - so we don't want to commit while it's just Andy Serkis (great guest though he may be of course!).

If David Wenham and John Rhys Davies are confirmed we'll certainly attend though - we'll be the nervous looking ones in the corner!

Ok, maybe that last comment was a bit harsh, but hey! who's listening to me anyway? :unsure:

Don't worry i'm listening!

Too harsh?...perhaps! :D

Perhaps constructive criticism is better? After all, SMs say that they take comments and criticism on board! :P

My husband and I would definitely attend if these 2 actors were going to be there - we've been thinking about it for a while but we're only really into the meeting the guests and collecting autographs - so we don't want to commit while it's just Andy Serkis (great guest though he may be of course!).

If David Wenham and John Rhys Davies are confirmed we'll certainly attend though - we'll be the nervous looking ones in the corner!

great to hear!! welcome onboard :unsure:

Nervous? Don't worry we'll all look after both of you! :D