Future of RingCon

showmasters

Have you been keeping a tally at all, FLM? I started one last night, but was so tired that I started adding in people who said they might go and confused myself all together. ^_^

I think well over 20, and thats just people who have posted on the board, there is hopefully loads who have heard (wenham fans hear me roar!) and read this forum and will book when they are confirmed :D

YES!!! :(

Okay, there may be people saying that this still only makes about 90 tickets sold, but that's a pretty good rate over a couple of days, I'd've thought. :o

Or am I being way too naive and over-optimistic here? :(

Of course your not being over optimistic, this is a great return for two days and without confirmed guests or even an operational website/advertising is outstanding and shows the level of commitment to this event!

Let the good times roll :(

Very Funny, (that made me laugh) got to be the extended edition, the theatrical editions are for wimps :P lets also chuck in the extras as well and we would probably only cover up to page 9!!

Its nice to get the humour back at last !!!

LOL, totally agree!

This event is happening, it is happening, it is happening, it is happening, it is happening, it is happening, it is happening... :D

Whoever can guess the series I just copied gets a prize... the episode name will get an extra prize! :dance::D:dance:

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

The best thing you can do is call and question them about it if you need to. All hotels work differently so you might get lucky.

we will talk to he the hotel if it gos that way do not contact them first let us tell them first it will help you all if we talk to them ok

jason

as to tickets we have sold another

1 regular

2 silver

thanks for trying all of you

lets just see what happons guests wise on monday

jason

The best thing you can do is call and question them about it if you need to. All hotels work differently so you might get lucky.

we will talk to he the hotel if it gos that way do not contact them first let us tell them first it will help you all if we talk to them ok

jason

as to tickets we have sold another

1 regular

2 silver

thanks for trying all of you

lets just see what happons guests wise on monday

jason

Well 3 is still great considering SM haven't actually confirmed these guests! Afterall isn't the point of ths thread to see who would book IF they were announced! Keep positive everyone! :YAHOO:

Excuse me, I have read through all 10 pages of this thread so I think I'm entitled to comment, especially since you are being disingenious with regards to the contents of your posts. It wasn't just "a shame", it was scandalous. If someone employs you for a job and you have an agreement with them then it is their responsibility to pay you what they owe you.

*sigh* That is what I'm saying... well, not that it's scandalous as there's not much you can do when you simply don't get enough money to cover your expenses, let alone pay anyone. I have said as much all the time; it's a shame, it's horrible, but what could have been done? Yes, there could have been hoensty about it instead of the complete disappearance of some people. But I can't do much about that. How is that disingenious? I've had the same opinion all the time; you're the one who keeps claiming I don't care that people didn't get paid.

I apologise, I misunderstood your posts.

Most hotels offer different rates and a non refundable rate is usually the cheaper option so if peopl hve booked that rate then how can you expect a refund on the other hand if you have a guaranteed or assured reservation then the hotel will charge you weather you turn up or not unless you cancel it before hand.

In short contact the hotel and find out.

The draw with these type of events is the different type of guests never before seen people.

I think JRD while a lovley person has done too many events to be a good choice to draw people.

David seems a lovley guy I've met him and again I do think maybe you need to get either a guest you've not had at a event for a while or a totally new guest.

I know people are going to think I'm not been postive but with the cost of this type of event I do think showmasters need to do some serious thinking.

Day tickets would be a great idea because there is quite a few people who don't want to go to the whole con.

I know cons aren't all about guests it's about the event but I'm suprised that Tolkien Society isn't going to be invovled.

I would of thought these guys would be a perfect match for this event.

I would probably book a regular weekend ticket if both of those guests were confirmed. I have been putting it off, because i was not sure the con would be cancelled or not. I think £400 for a gold ticket is extremely over priced considering the calibre of guests confirmed/planning on being confirmed.

At another show germany, they don't have extra parties. The free parties and hanging out in the bar was one of the main reasons i went. If i got round to meeting the guests then that was an extra bonus. The atmosphere is what makes me want to turn up.

I really think that confirming JRD and David and announcing it on the webside plus offering the possibility of more guests from the films, more scholarly areas, maybe even the stage show would calm a lot of nerves and maybe encourage more bookings - especially if day tickets (which a lot of people have been asking for) were available.

But hey, what would I know. :thumbup:

Edited by yeltz-lass

With a few more film guests and day tickets being made available I'd probably be interested in coming along. I have to say though I'd be more interested in a full weekend if it was to be held next Spring or something like that. As it is I am coming to the end of what has been a very expensive year of shows for me. The number of good quality guests at each show means I have spent more than usual at them and am now getting to the point where I don't want to spend too much more, especially given that CM and Autographica are still on the horizon as well.

I know not everyone will agree with me but its just my opinion.

Edited by Count Fooku

I still want a refund...:chair:

That's what you said 4 hours ago. :lol:

If the show gets cancelled, of course tickets will be refunded.

I know that .....but due to certain things i am hoping that it gets canceled....so i can have a refund.

B :smile: ut no worries as SM will have my money for the Eclipes Con.

I still want a refund...:(

That's what you said 4 hours ago. ;)

If the show gets cancelled, of course tickets will be refunded.

I know that .....but due to certain things i am hoping that it gets canceled....so i can have a refund.

B :D ut no worries as SM will have my money for the Eclipes Con.

Wow how unusually selfish of you! Thanks for the contribution.

I really think that confirming JRD and David and announcing it on the webside plus offering the possibility of more guests from the films, more scholarly areas, maybe even the stage show would calm a lot of nerves and maybe encourage more bookings - especially if day tickets (which a lot of people have been asking for) were available.

But hey, what would I know. :(

Definitly! :o

With the addition of David Wenham and JR Davies I will DEFINITELY book for another show. I have been yearning for a UK LOTR gathering for two years now and feel that, with support, it CAN be done.

Fans, if you want this event, and hope for it to be around next year, also, and maybe the year after, BOOK YOUR TICKETS.

The event will stand or fall on our support, or lack thereof.

Perhaps more tickets sold in advance will mean more chance of other much wanted guests. It's a business, after all. We all want and love the 'usual suspects' and any and all LOTR peeps are welcome guests in my eyes, but if we want extra special ones we need to show willing.

The alternative is no another show UK, now or ever. Too sad for words.

:D But no worries as SM will have my money for the Eclipes Con.

Wow how unusually selfish of you! Thanks for the contribution.

So...you hope another show will be cancelled purely because there are other things you want to spend your money on (e.g. Eclipse). :(

...And you don't think saying that's going to **** some people off?! :D

:( FLM, I'm glad you got there before I did... :o

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, elullatook, but I don't think your comment was the most sensitive thing to say at this point... ;)

Edited by yeltz-lass

I'd just like to add that as a passionate LOTR fan, I want this con to happen, and to be a success. I want fans to be able to enjoy the company of LOTR actors, extras technical peeps, indeed anyone who had anything to do with the films/books, because these people all contributed and they all have fascinating and often riveting stories to tell.

Some people here are saying, well I met this one or that one before, so... I don't really wanna meet him/her again. Jeez! This is a themed con, not an autograph fair. We are paying for the privilege and joy of being with other enthusiasts, all gathered under one roof to celebrate LOTR and to meet and listen to and talk to those involved in creating three adored films.

Book Kiran Shah - please! He's a delight. Book lovely Shane Rangi. Book the Benzon brothers - long time no see. Book Lawrence Makoare. Book Stephen Ure and even Peter Tait and Sandro Kopp and Craig P and Mark F and Sarah McLeod and some costume designers, artists, tea ladies - indeed anyone within shouting distance who will agree to come!

I WANT to meet them all again. Very much.

If you can get Fellowship actors, too, and Daisy and JRD as well as wonderful Andy S, we may count ourselves lucky.

Get a Hobbit or two or three or four if humanly possible. Get Miranda - beg her, chuck money at her. Get lovely Robyn Malcolm. Get Sala Baker. And Jed Brophy.

Just fill the venue with wonderful peeps who together created the best fantasy action movies EVER filmed.

Support this gig, please. We will all lose so much if it should end up being cancelled.

Edited by orlandopassion

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, elullatook, but I don't think your comment was the most sensitive thing to say at this point...

Hmmmm... seems to me like elullatook is saying that she would rather spend her money at Eclipse. Nothing wrong with that.

Thing is, you book these tickets months in advance... things happen, things change... new things crop up, personal life comes along and bites you hard... on hindsight, if only we all knew what was on the horizon.

For me selfishly, I can't make Ring Con anymore, so a refund would be fantastic. But it will also be very sad to see this con slip into oblivion.

For me selfishly, I can't make Ring Con anymore, so a refund would be fantastic. But it will also be very sad to see this con slip into oblivion.

I agree that she's entitled to spend her money how she likes, but I still think she could've said it a bit more tactfully! :(

It's one thing to say - as you did, bless you! :D - that as you can't make the con you'd like your money back but you hope it still goes ahead, and another to imply that you hope the con will be cancelled so that you can have it back, regardless of the fact that other people still hope it'll go ahead. :( I'm sure that wasn't the intention, :D but it still made me do the "ouch" face... ;)

:o

Edited by yeltz-lass

*seconds what Orlandopassion said*

There are so many guests that can be booked that won't cost as much as Mr Bloom :) I would be just as happy seeing them as one of the main headlining guests! They have just as much to tell us as the main members of the fellowship :) If the bigger guests can't be booked then go for the smaller guests, extras, tech peeps and suchlike.

*holds up a banner saying 'support another show UK'*