The Breakfast Club reunion

stobbs

The Breakfast Club has to be one of the greatest movies ever!

How about getting a reunion together of the actors showmasters???

bc1qb1.jpgThe Brain ~ Brian Johnson (Anthony Michael Hall)

bc2aj0.jpgThe Athlete ~ Andrew Clark (Emilio Estevez)

bc3kl7.jpgThe Basket Case ~ Allison Reynolds (Ally Sheedy)

bc4ow8.jpgThe Princess ~ Claire Standish (Molly Ringwald)

bc5ee2.jpgThe Criminal ~ John Bender (Judd Nelson)

bc6dy7.jpgThe Principal ~ Richard Vernon (Paul Gleason)

bc7af0.jpgThe Janitor ~ Carl (John Kapelos)

anyone else out there agree?

Edited by stobbs

Ooops, yeah that's who I meant. He'd been a good guest otherwise seeing as he was in Die Hard (1988) and Trading Places (1983) too.

He was also the best thing in the best scene in Not Another Teen Movie where he played the same charecter from The Breakfast Club.

I think either a Breakfast club or a St Elmo's fire reunion would be good.Most of the cast from the Breakfast club are in St elmo's fire,such as ally sheedy,emilio estevez and judd nelson,and Demi Moore,Mare Winningham and Rob Lowe are also in St Elmo's fire,but werent in the Breakfast club

I think either a Breakfast club or a St Elmo's fire reunion would be good.Most of the cast from the Breakfast club are in St elmo's fire,such as ally sheedy,emilio estevez and judd nelson,and Demi Moore,Mare Winningham and Rob Lowe are also in St Elmo's fire,but werent in the Breakfast club

i would think all the actors in Breakfast Club are all pretty obtainable (if they are interested in these type of things?), with St Elmo's you have no chance with Demi Moore, not sure about Rob Lowe?

Yes I think all of these (with the sad exception of Paul Gleason) are do-able, along some will be harder to get than others - I suspect you'll find Emilio Estevez would be the hardest. Anthony Michael Hall is doing well on The Dead Zone, so he is more likely to be doing this sort of event. But I'd be well up for this!

• 4 months later...

Whenever there is a meeting at work or wherever and the the boss asks if there are any questions at the end, I'm always tempted to say,

"Yeah. I have a question: does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

If there was a reunion for The Breakfast Club I'd wanna ask that at the end of the talk too.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BUMP!

Definatly a great suggestion.

Do you think they all get on? Judd Nelson & Emilio Estevez didn't turn up to collect there award at the MTV awards, apparantly the other cast members were expecting them.

I really didn't know about Paul Gleason, he was also in the A-TEAM. My favourite TV show :D

I watched TBC on ITV last night, quality movie!

Do you think they all get on? Judd Nelson & Emilio Estevez didn't turn up to collect there award at the MTV awards, apparantly the other cast members were expecting them.
They only made one or two films together and only TBC was made with all of them at the same time, it's not like they were the Spice Girls on tour or somehting. :D

Judd Nelson and Anthony Michael Hall did the audio commentary for the forthcoming SE DVD so we at least know those two got on ok recently. There could be 101 reasons why they didnt turn up for an MTV award though - in Hollywood they are probably seen as kinda cheesey anwyay.

1409080h.jpg

Edited by nicky

• 9 months later...

Especailly now that this has finally been annouced for release:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67856

Now that is one sweet package (fnarr fnarr). Again, I don't think anyone from the Breakfast Club is completely unrealistic - personally I think Estevez will be the most difficult, but I think no-one is 'off the table' as such. Quick pre cis of who's done what : -

* Molly Ringwald - TV Movies, and occasional bit parts in TV shows

* Ally Sheedy - TV Movies, and occasional bit parts in TV shows

* Judd Nelson - TV Movies, and occasional bit parts in TV shows

* Anthony Michael Hall - 5 year run in "The Dead Zone", part in "The Dark Knight"

* Emilio Estevez - a quiet resume, but a standout was directing "Bobby", a star-filled biopic of Robert Kennedy filmed over the course of a few years, which whilst not perfect by any means was actually surprisingly good.