Improvements For Next Year

DavidB

You could stop the stampede by not having the VTs available from when the doors open. That way people don't have something to run to (cos it's not actually physically there yet). Open the doors, let fans in....then bring out the VTs about 30 mins later unannounced.

It's like when you catch a flight at the airport - you check-in and are told to go to the departure lounge BUT you don't know which gate it is yet till later and once you are already inside the building.

If you auctioned off VTs that would be interesting and would stop the stampede too but that's extorting money for VTs which are meant to be free.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

The only problem then is you'll have people still running to get to the front of the queue/area for when the VTs ARE given out.

Like at Collectormania, queues have been formed before the VTs are given out, so I think it'd just be the same situation.

I wonder what the stampede would look like if it was an event only open to wheelchair bound people? Ever see those guys play basketball or the Special Olympics?

Anyway people will run, it's every human's right. You can't stop it. Resistence is futile.

RUN, FORREST!!!! RUN!!!!

Edited by nicky

Personally I found the running quite amusing, in fact I'd only been saying on the Saturday I hadn't seen a good old stampede for some time at an event.

At the end of the day though this whole thing is like penalty shoot outs in football. Everyone knows its not perfect but there doesn't really seem to be a better solution. I think it was probably more extreme at this show because there were a lot of guests that were only available for one day (or less) that an awful lot of people wanted to see.

If everything else is going to be too difficult for showmasters then why not just have one queue (seeing as booking early for early bird means nothing) and just having a row of manned(or womaned) desks and just give out these tickets to an (organised) queue BEFORE entering the venue????

That way you spare the the humiliation of looking like a twit running around the hall PLUS you avoid the stall owners mocking you becuase you 'look so serious' or 'look at them running, you'd think it was the end of the world'!

Earls Court this year was awful!! Ive never experienced anything like it and ive been doing this for a few years!! I just hope some lessons will be seriously learned!!

But on the plus side, I thought lfcc this year was great!! At least, I thought it was! I couldnt see anything!! xx

If everything else is going to be too difficult for showmasters then why not just have one queue (seeing as booking early for early bird means nothing) and just having a row of manned(or womaned) desks and just give out these tickets to an (organised) queue BEFORE entering the venue????

That way you spare the the humiliation of looking like a twit running around the hall PLUS you avoid the stall owners mocking you becuase you 'look so serious' or 'look at them running, you'd think it was the end of the world'!

Something similar has already been suggested, and TooTall has already explained why this won't work as well.

Either it's again a case of "first in line gets all good tickets" if you allow the line to pass the desks, or you'd just be transferring the chaos to outside of the venue - making it impossible to get in and clogging "public space." I don't think Earls Court management would approve ways to the car park and such blocked.

Lordy! That does sound bad. I'm glad I didn't witness it. Hey at least you weren't on your crutches otherwise it could've really turned ugly!

It was bad. I still have some bruises that didn't heal yet.

If I had been on crutches, I wouldn't even have gone near that crowd. *gulps at thought* I even thought about it for a moment without crutches. If one of my best friends wasn't so mad about Heroes, I probably wouldn't have done it without crutches either.

Edited by Queen_Sindel