The Transformers Car

BluebizzieB

I am wondering how did they get the car in the small Earls Court??

He walking in..he's bumblebee! :D

Don't tell people that :D We told the centre the dents in the escalators weren't us :D

Thank god we didn't have Optimus Prime, otherwise we would have more than dents to deal with lol

Yes it was a replica.

The 'official' one from the film was sold on ebay a few weeks after the launch of the film for charity. I believe it sold for around $44,000

It was great to have there but it should have said on the website it was a replica. Still I guess if it had of been the real one, we wouldn't have got the pics we did ^^

l_0ff44dc43cec7649a559c6e5de7842e9.jpg

Roadkill!

Yes it was a replica.

The 'official' one from the film was sold on ebay a few weeks after the launch of the film for charity. I believe it sold for around $44,000

It was great to have there but it should have said on the website it was a replica. Still I guess if it had of been the real one, we wouldn't have got the pics we did ^^

l_0ff44dc43cec7649a559c6e5de7842e9.jpg

Roadkill!

I agree, It was quite misleading on the website saying it was "THE" Bumblebee

Still it was cool and that's an ace pic.

Its amazing what people can do with a replica car and a costume.

1342632888_f90d1a457e_b.jpg

It wasn't misleading at all.

Just after the announcement was made there were several posts stating that the orignal has been sold on ebay and this was a replica. There was practically a 2 page conversation between members about it.

Do people not read anymore ?

The ford Anglia however is the original used in Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets.

Just after the announcement was made there were several posts stating that the original has been sold on ebay and this was a replica. There was practically a 2 page conversation between members about it.

The ford Anglia however is the original used in Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets.

So you assume that everyone who goes to the LFCC reads the boards? I didn't know it was a replica before the event because I read the main page of the website. (that was misleading) I only stated with the boards after the event. having a discussion on the boards is not a way of making an announcement. I'll bet there are still some people sat at home who don't even use the website that still think they will be receiving their Milo and Adrian photos in the next week or so because they had left the description as they were told to do.

Even now the poster on the main stage says.

bumblebeebanner.jpg

Now correct me if I'm wrong but this is the advertised info and it is misleading. Phrases such as "as seen in the movie" and "have your photo taken with Bumblebee" suggest this is the real thing, when it is neither seen in the movie nor is it Bumblebee. Its a replica.

So yes I read, I read the main page quite thoroughly and didn't assume for one second i would have to consult the forum as I trusted the info I that was presented to me.

As i said, It wasn't bad. I got some great photo of people doing silly things near it, such as an alien lubricating it. Its just that the advert leads people to believe it was used in production of the movie and It wasn't. I'd love to know how much it cost and if its for sale.

Also DisneyDude78 is there any chance you work for SM or were part of the crew at this event? Just wondering.

Edited by Deap

That advert says "A customised Camero", not "one of the customised Cameros".

"As seen in the movie" - I usually thought that meant "like the one seen in the movie"

Yeah that's called marketing speak, purposefully using phrases that don't actually confirm or deny anything. It allows people who think positively to think its what they think it is and it leaves the people who think negatively to be skeptic. Guess I just put too much trust in people.

Sometimes the glass is half empty, sometimes It's half full.

Edited by Deap

Just after the announcement was made there were several posts stating that the original has been sold on ebay and this was a replica. There was practically a 2 page conversation between members about it.

So you assume that everyone who goes to the LFCC reads the boards? I didn't know it was a replica before the event because I read the main page of the website. (that was misleading) I only stated with the boards after the event. having a discussion on the boards is not a way of making an announcement. I'll bet there are still some people sat at home who don't even use the website that still think they will be receiving their Milo and Adrian photos in the next week or so because they had left the description as they were told to do.

Even now the poster on the main stage says.

bumblebeebanner.jpg

Now correct me if I'm wrong but this is the advertised info and it is misleading. Phrases such as "as seen in the movie" and "have your photo taken with Bumblebee" suggest this is the real thing, when it is neither seen in the movie nor is it Bumblebee. Its a replica.

So yes I read, I read the main page quite thoroughly and didn't assume for one second i would have to consult the forum as I trusted the info I that was presented to me.

As i said, It wasn't bad. I got some great photo of people doing silly things near it, such as an alien lubricating it. Its just that the advert leads people to believe it was used in production of the movie and It wasn't. I'd love to know how much it cost and if its for sale.

Also DisneyDude78 is there any chance you work for SM or were part of the crew at this event? Just wondering.

Yes I am part of the crew but that is neither here nor there. At times yes i will defend SM, other times i don't always agree with whats being said/done. I don't work for them personally. However, like quite a few of the crew, I have been a long standing member of the forum, and I've seen their good times and bad times.

I do have more contact with SM outside of the shows in a personal, relaxing way more than most, but that is because we are all friends.

So why do I now feel you are about to brand me part of the SM Brown Nosers :firedevil: .

Our survey says *makes family fortune wrong answer noise*

:angel:

Oh shush you !! :angel:

Edited by DisneyDude78