answers to some of the comments about the event

showmasters

Thankyou for letting us know your side of things! I didnt have any complaints other than i didnt like the venue much but we knew the reason for that and am just grateful LFCC still went ahead with such fantastic guests that you bought us! LFCC is still my favourite con and seeing changes after C4, im confident you will be able to address what changes are needed for this ever growing event!

With any event ive ever been to, i never expect much from a guest so that anything i do get is a bonus, ive never been disappointed yet! Thanks SM! :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the Patrick Stewart fiasco? False advertising? Signing Sunday Only it said - no mention of it being for just 3 hours....

This is from another thread:

The guy managing the queue told us that in the lead up to the event, Patrick had given a choice of either 1200 signatures or 3 hours of signing time. They wanted to opt for 1200 signatures which explains the high number of virtual queue tickets given out, but when he arrived this morning he told them that 1200 signatures was no longer an option, and instead he would be leaving at 2pm to catch a plane at Heathrow at 3.10pm.

It doesn't matter whether or not you find you have less space than you planned, leave a few chairs around somewhere! I was in so much pain after having to be on my feet all day Saturday that honestly, I'm thinking of not bothering to go to LFCC next year. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I cannot go a whole convention without being able to sit down somewhere and then not end up suffering ill effects from that.

Have you ever walked down a busy city center shopping street only to find all the seats on the entire road are taken? No matter how many seats are put out, getting one would be extremly good timing!

Personally I expected no seats, so took a camping stool with me ^_^ £2.99 from tescos. Instant seating!

Of course I have, and then I sit on any available wall, or a kerb, where I can pull myself up. There wasn't anywhere with sufficient elevation at EC.

Camping stool would be good, but try carrying that and a thumping great broomstick and shopping. :blush:

It doesn't matter whether or not you find you have less space than you planned, leave a few chairs around somewhere! I was in so much pain after having to be on my feet all day Saturday that honestly, I'm thinking of not bothering to go to LFCC next year. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I cannot go a whole convention without being able to sit down somewhere and then not end up suffering ill effects from that.

Have you ever walked down a busy city center shopping street only to find all the seats on the entire road are taken? No matter how many seats are put out, getting one would be extremly good timing!

Personally I expected no seats, so took a camping stool with me ;) £2.99 from tescos. Instant seating!

I just went into the talk area and sat down for half an hour at a time with free entertainment thrown in.

My complaint with the Milo and Adrian photo session wasnt not gettin the photo back that day, thats totally understandable

Nor is my complaint with Milo or Adrian. We were almost last in the queue and they both looked really tired, but Milo said hello and smiled despite the security and photographer insturcting us to not talk or touch or anything

My complaint is the photographer. He was extrememly rude to me and my friends. He yelled at one of my friends. Milo and Adrian both went from looking really tired to looking really wide-eyed from shock at how loudly and aggressivly he yelled at her.

I understand that there were many people needing photos and the guests were tired. But this wasnt our fault. Either the guests should have been better pre-warned about the volume of people, or you shouldnt have sold so many tickets to make money.

What a fantastic weekend it was, until the rude photographer left me and my friends in a foul mood to end it all.

I await my photo arriving. No doubt it will just look like we've been photoshopped in considering we weren't even given as much as 2 seconds to stand in position and smile, and were left a step or two in front of Milo and Adrian

What about the Patrick Stewart fiasco? False advertising? Signing Sunday Only it said - no mention of it being for just 3 hours....

This is from another thread:

The guy managing the queue told us that in the lead up to the event, Patrick had given a choice of either 1200 signatures or 3 hours of signing time. They wanted to opt for 1200 signatures which explains the high number of virtual queue tickets given out, but when he arrived this morning he told them that 1200 signatures was no longer an option, and instead he would be leaving at 2pm to catch a plane at Heathrow at 3.10pm.

I was going to mention this - it was nice to have comments on some of the things that went wrong, but any sort of apology for the Patrick Stewart thing was conspicuously absent. I hate to complain about this, because Saturday was wonderful, but the only guest I was going to meet on Sunday was Patrick. It was a long way for me to come, but I know that there were many many others who had much further to come to be just as disappointed.

Now...Patrick gave a choice, and Showmasters took him up on 1200 autos, right? So it was known to Showmasters before Sunday that there would be a limited number of people who would be getting to see him, even before he changed his mind. Yet it wasn't mentioned at all, anywhere. If you knew about it, and as far as we know you did, then we should have been told.

Heck, you even posted on here before the event saying that you'd be having all the main TNG cast over to other events:

If you start with PATRICK STEWART then there will be a good chance to get all the main cast on your photo over the next year or two in person

If you could give us that warning, then why couldn't you give us a warning that you knew he'd be clearing off early and so a lot of people would never get near him?

Okay, so he changed the rules on the day, and that's not on either. But from what little we've been told about this, you had a fair idea that he wasn't going to be there all day and you didn't say anything at all. Yeah, if it had been widespread knowledge things might have gotten even worse than they were on the day...but to not even mention it here, to your hard-core supporters? That doesn't seem fair.

Camping stool would be good, but try carrying that and a thumping great broomstick and shopping. :D

Actually its not as bad as you'd think, the one ive got has its own carry bag with it and strap so you can just put it over your shoulder like a bag. Was very useful for outside the event, and inside could just leave it in the cloakroom or photoshoot bag drop area.

Hmm. Well, reading that, my main concern was still not really addressed.

Sorry, I'm confused... you've mentioned this in a number of threads and I don't understand why you didn't sit down in one of the cafe type places there? :blink:

There were three of them and you could generally find a seat (I was there both days and sat there a few times).

Hmm. Well, reading that, my main concern was still not really addressed.

Sorry, I'm confused... you've mentioned this in a number of threads and I don't understand why you didn't sit down in one of the cafe type places there? :blink:

There were three of them and you could generally find a seat (I was there both days and sat there a few times).

Ass sucking forum person.

Those 3 places were generally packed all day on Sunday. Saturday was not as bad.

Stop trying to defend the indefendable.

The fact that you have mk in your name gives you away. I expect you attend all the parties too....

Thank you. And not only were they packed, they were exorbitantly priced. I'm not going to waste any of my limited funds to buy something I don't want so I can sit on high chairs where my feet don't even touch the ground, no matter how much pain I'm in. I'm disabled, not stupid.

Those 3 places were generally packed all day on Sunday. Saturday was not as bad.

The fact that you have mk in your name gives you away. I expect you attend all the parties too....

As I said before you lowered the tone with pathetic insults...

There were seats available BOTH days.

For the record I don;t work for/with Showmasters... I've never crewed for Showmasters... I've only been to teh big parties at Collectormania (along with several thousand other people.) My point was perfectly valid and the fact that you have to resort to childish insults just goes some way to undermining your point (whatever it might be.)

Thank you. And not only were they packed, they were exorbitantly priced. I'm not going to waste any of my limited funds to buy something I don't want so I can sit on high chairs where my feet don't even touch the ground, no matter how much pain I'm in. I'm disabled, not stupid.

You might have had to wait a few minutes to sit down at the busy times, but they were not that busy. Also, you didn't have to buy anything! I've no idea what high chairs you are talking about. I only sat in perfectly normal sized chairs :blink:

Showmasters have explained why there were no chairs... to be honest, I wouldn't ever EXPECT chairs at any event like this (ok, so CMK is different).

• Moderators

If you have a query or a criticism then there's no reason for making whatever point you had - valid or otherwise - completely redundant by talking to people like that.

People have as much right to disagree with you as you disagreeing with Showmasters, so try and keep it to a discussion if we have to have conflicting opinions - but not personal attacks. Thank you.

thank you for the message showmasters, it is nice to see you read our comments and act on the problems,

just one small thing, i brought an early bird ticket and had people entering the show at the same time as me who had normal tickets, can this be sorted?

its not really fair for the people paying extra,

Ps the guest list was fantastic keep them coming

cheers

Neil

Edited by werank

thank you for the message showmasters, it is nice to see you read our comments and act on the problems,

just one small thing, i brought an early bird ticket and had people entering the show at the same time as me who had normal tickets, can this be sorted?

its not really fair for the people paying extra,

Ps the guest list was fantastic keep them coming

cheers

Neil

:blink:

What time did you go in?

Are you talking about people who got in first thing but paid on the day? They still paid the same early bird price that you paid, but the advantage you had for buying early was that their queue moved slower because they all still had to pay whereas all you had to do was hand your ticket over and you were in.

Edited by SerbianJanet

no we were standing with people that brought standard tickets in advance we even saw the tickets and they were not the same but they walked in the same time and were on the esculator. oh well

I guess Showmasters might want to have a word with the people who were on the door then!

the people who were let in on the other door (i was one of them) paid for the early-bird ticket (£10) at the counter before going to the esculator for entry to the show

werank ~ the tickets looked different cause yours were sent out beforehand thats all (i think lol)

Edited by stobbs