answers to some of the comments about the event

showmasters

I'm sorry, are you actually serious?! Why should I have to be in a wheelchair to get some respect? I dont want to bring up old things, as I've already said SM have addressed my complaints and I'm happy with that.

Why should I have to rely on a wheelchair? I already depend enough on the person Im with, without expecting them to push me around. I can walk enough to get around, I just need to rest and sit down so I don't see why I should hire a wheelchair. That to me could be seen as 'faking' as someone pointed out earlier.

I can't really explain how out of order that is, I don't expect you to understand. But that's not really a great suggestion. I'm sure you were just trying to be helpful though so I'll stop.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to accept also that there is any correlation between the abuse of disabled parking, and disabled virtual ticket abuse.

Not only does society consist of a sizeable sack of b@stards who park in disabled parking spaces with no entitlement to do so, there are an even more despicable bunch of sh!tehawks who will steal or forge disabled parking badges etc; recent research suggested that up to half of all the disabled badges in London are being used fraudulently. The Audit Commission had a recent crackdown and cancelled nearly five and a half thousand badges in London, Merseyside and Manchester alone. Just last week the government announced new regs on disabled parking badges in an attempt to combat such widespread abuse. Then there are numerous people claiming sick and disability allowances who are doing so fraudulently - for every high-profile case you read about in the paper there are dozens more that are resolved without a high-profile trial.

It's not just a couple of inconsiderate sods parking at the local supermarket for half an hour, it's a significant chunk of society who think that they can behave like utter gits on the back of the disabled. Now I'm sure that the vast majority of people who attend SM events are delightful angels, pure in thought and deed, but when there are so many people in society as a whole abusing the system, the idea that hardly any of them are going to cross the threshold of an SM event is laughable.

• 3 weeks later...

Did SM point out why Patrick Stewart only signing for 4 hrs wasn't annunced sooner??

I havent read thru all this thread, there's too much!!

From what I remember (I read the thread as it grew and can't be bothered to re-read it!) they didn't know until the morning itself - he announced it as he arrived on Sunday, they had booked him for the full day.

• 2 weeks later...
Showmasters themselves don't seem to have said anything.

Just a simple "Yeah, bit of a ballsup that, sorry all" would do...

Probably havent said anything maybe cos of pride or something???

Though yes, I do agree it would have been courteous of someone to have acknowledged it instead of "hiding" from it as that's how it appears otherwise.

• Moderators

It's already been covered.

Most people have accepted the information that has been passed on - regardless of whether it's from Showmasters or not - and they probably feel they don't need to come on and offer exactly the same explanation that has already been discussed.

The only explanation for why it happened has been covered, yes. Oky-doo. That's that. But a simple apology from the organisers - is that really so much to ask?

The total silence we've had, whether to explain the PS thing or to apologise for it, just doesn't seem fair.

I know I'm really going on about this long after the event and nobody really cares anymore, but...good manners cost nothing, n'all that.