What Type Of Stalls Do You Want?

Dogtown_Girl

I dont know about any of you guys reading this, but i struggled to find items which when we first attended in 2004 were jumping out and begging us to buy.

That year there were lots of movie prop stalls, and we bought some really awesome items.

I like to find items that i wouldnt be able to buy anywhere else, i dont see the point of buying figures and stuff which i can find on the high street.

I looked really hard for Harry Potter Collectables, but there was more last year, and it seemed lacking this year.

Also, i rely heavily on places like the Comic Con and such like to have cult items which are nigh impossible to find here, such as Clerks Collectables, and Napoleon Dynamite merchandise.

Captain America is also non existent, and i just feel that this niche market could find a lot of eager buyers, if they were represented at the show.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that tey would like to see on sale?

At prevous shows there was a stand that sold poster pictures, the kind of pictures that were really posters stuck to cardboard, and you could blue tac them to the wall. I liked those and they never had any this year. :lol:

There was a stand seeling DVD's but they were just the type that can be bought anywhere. How about anime DVDs or rare DVDs of old movies or imports that you can't buy over here.

The first show I went to had a Red Dwarf stand and the cast of Red Dwarf were doing signings at the same stall. That was good because you could buy some Red Dwarf merchandise and get them to sign it for you straight away.

There was a stand seeling DVD's but they were just the type that can be bought anywhere. How about anime DVDs or rare DVDs of old movies or imports that you can't buy over here.

I'm all for the rare DVDs of old movies or imports and at a reasonable price - £50 for a DVD boxset of Heroes - talk about cashing in because it's not available over here on region 2 & some of the cast were at the event as well! :D

given that there was heck all else to do if you weren't queueing for some tv actors signature,i spent a fair portion of my day-sunday-trawling round,and round,and round and round the dealers tables.

whilst i did manage to pick up a box of trading cards that have long evaded me... i had no desire to buy some replica firearms,or hippy beads,and crucifixes,or models of fairies and pixies...

You'd be better addressing this to stall holders. I'm pretty sure that Showmasters don't vet people who want to have a table or more at their events (except at Collectormania, where it's not so much vetting as a waiting list!)

As someone who has both run a stall and worked on two others at Showmasters events, you have a limited amount of space in which to display stuff, so sometimes it's blind luck whether you bring stuff people are looking for.

If you are after something specific, you are better off maybe looking online (hey, you never know, maybe you'll find someone who happens to be attending the next event!)

It was a Comic con and i Couldn't find a single Evangelion Book, One vendor even said "Evangelion, Whats that?"

I was actually considering setting up a station with a few mates who are excellent artists to draw comic style representations of people and render them on a computer to make you into a piece of cover art or on a page in you favourite style. we did something similar last year at a festival and it went down ok, It wasnt brill but i think we had the wrong audience considering the festival was tailored to farmers and general village folk.

our idea was to create a series of text styles and backgrounds and sketch out people like comic characters (not like you get in Blackpool) paste them onto a background with a tag line and an identifying barcode. we were even going to make guest sketched with you so we could have people get their personal artwork printed and signed if a guest was on it.

we kinda decided to do it back in June but 2 of my mates were already busy and it would have cost too much for just 3 of us to do it. now that this con is over I wondered what people think if we look into doing it next year?

Its worth ift for us if we just break even with the costs as we are all trying to just build portfolios of work for our careers.

Edited by Deap

It was a Comic con and i Couldn't find a single Evangelion Book, One vendor even said "Evangelion, Whats that?"

I was actually considering setting up a station with a few mates who are excellent artists to draw comic style representations of people and render them on a computer to make you into a piece of cover art or on a page in you favourite style. we did something similar last year at a festival and it went down ok, It wasnt brill but i think we had the wrong audience considering the festival was tailored to farmers and general village folk.

our idea was to create a series of text styles and backgrounds and sketch out people like comic characters (not like you get in Blackpool) paste them onto a background with a tag line and an identifying barcode. we were even going to make guest sketched with you so we could have people get their personal artwork printed and signed if a guest was on it.

we kinda decided to do it back in June but 2 of my mates were already busy and it would have cost too much for just 3 of us to do it. now that this con is over I wondered what people think if we look into doing it next year?

Its worth ift for us if we just break even with the costs as we are all trying to just build portfolios of work for our careers.

Might be worth speaking to Showmasters (off the forum) to see if you can get an exhibitor rate or something?

Video-game merchandise. I didn't see any stalls selling Halo figures at LFACC, I'd like to see more stalls selling video-game related merchandise

I did see some Halo figures on one stall amongst a lot of other stuff, they were all the same and were coloured blue.

whilst i did manage to pick up a box of trading cards that have long evaded me... i had no desire to buy some replica firearms,or hippy beads,and crucifixes,or models of fairies and pixies...

I love those faries and pixies. :D

I saw two stalls that sold loads of manga comics but I couldn't find any Evangelion stuff either. :P

Edited by Ray

I'm all for the rare DVDs of old movies or imports and at a reasonable price - £50 for a DVD boxset of Heroes - talk about cashing in because it's not available over here on region 2 & some of the cast were at the event as well! :D

Speaking of cashing in and Heros box sets, did anyone notice that on the Saturday Heroes was around £30 - £35 depending on which stall you went to (I actually saw somebody negotiate a £28 deal) but when it came to the Sunday it was upto £60!!!!!

Disgraceful rip off

I collect the Decipher Star Wars and Star Trek CCGs. I was disappointed to find that hardly any stalls had any, and those that did only had a limited number of sets. Considering that there were many guests from both franchises it would have made more sense to have a wider range - I wanted to buy some for autographs.

There was almost no Lost stuff to buy at all.

A video game stall would be nice also.

I had fan club kits, photos, autographs, framed autographs, trading cards - all lost

Ah man, I'm bummed I didn't see your stall. Do you have an online site?

Yeah I got the Lost magazine to.

Also if your still looking for the Sawyer figure you can get it pretty cheap at: www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk

did you get a free poster too? it was the inside of the swan hatch!

No I didn't!! But I'm going to subscribe to it this month and I think it might be the same poster you get when you subscribe.

Edited by Lambourne

Might be worth speaking to Showmasters (off the forum) to see if you can get an exhibitor rate or something?

We had already checked the info on arranging a table for the event and found it viable to try our idea so long as we had enough interest. we could get through enough people to get through the days easily and cover our travel and hotel costs I just want to know if enough people would be interested to keep us busy. since we would now leave it until next year I just wanted to ask if anybody had interest in the idea, If nobody here cares then that is an indication of the general outcome we would expect at the event. as I said we wouldn't really mind doing this for free but we need to make sure we at least cover our expenses.

• Moderators

While you might not get a hugely favourable reaction on here, it's not really an indication of what may or may not be successful at an event. The number of regular posters on here is very small compared to overall attendance, so I wouldn't take that too much to heart. I'd ask around on specific forums/sites etc and ask if people would come to LFACC for it or whatever.

There was almost no Lost stuff to buy at all.

A video game stall would be nice also.

I had fan club kits, photos, autographs, framed autographs, trading cards - all lost

Ah man, I'm bummed I didn't see your stall. Do you have an online site?

Yep he was next to the fairies and pixies

Indeed I was.. and puppies in a basket lol

Lamboure if you email me using profile as not allowed to advertise on here. We can discuss what you are after see if I can help I do have a site but it mainly just has my autographs on there at the moment - but working on a revamp - I have lots of cards and stuff, the fan club kits sold very well