Robert Englund!

tombennett91

Well i got to Earls Court with about 2 minutes to spare untill Robert's talk. I got as close as you could get to him without being in those reserved seats (the first 3 rows) and the talk was awsome although i wish i had asked a question lol it seemed like everyone was nervous to ask him questions at the start and then towards the end everyone wanted to ask him. My question was asked at the end though some guy (thank you!) asked who Robert would want to face of against out of all horror characters. He said Pinhead more or less (yay!)

I then got my picture taken with him, so awsome he had the glove!!!!

Then onto the autograph, where i asked him two questions which he answered very detailed and told me so much it felt like i'd asked 5 questions lol, which is a good thing!! It was lucky that so many of my questions were answered in the talk session.

1)What his treatment for NOES 3 was about,

2) Would he like the idea of a Freddy Vs Jason Vs Cenobites

Answeres(not exact words)

1) A. My treatment was to have Tina from NOES 1 have an older sister who comes back to Elm Street where she finds that Tina has died and gradually finds out the story of Freddy, and eventually she meets up with Nancy and the two join forces to stop Freddy. What i wanted was to have Tina's older sister be a few years older then Nancy and that she is very different to Nancy, she goes and has a few drinks, smokes, sex etc. And even though the two are so different and would probably hate each other in any other circumstances they had to work together. I would have liked to make Tina's older sister something like Ripley's character from Alien3.

That was more or less the idea. I thought it was pretty damn good but i think the NOES 3 we got is better, but this idea sounds so much better then NOES 2, 4,5,6,7 i would have loved this story line to have been the NOES 2 storyline......that would make an awsome film!

2)A. Yes i would like the idea, Doug(Pinhead) is an old pal of mine and i would love to film a film with him, i'm also friends with Tony Radnel(i think he said him!). I love Hellraiser it scared me so much the first time i saw it. (i asked if he liked the sequels) yes i do like the sequels although i hate the idea of them making the remake, the first one was such a classic.

There was a lot more detail to all this but that was generally it. I then said thanks and said bye (sadly) i was so nervous to begin with that i'd forgotten a lot of questions i wanted to ask lol.

So all in all what do i give Robert out of 10? a 10! He was awsome a very cool guest who i'd love to meet again. Just one little thing that bothered me was that he kept looking at the women next to him when answering my question, as if it was her question. But besides from that it was amazing. ;)

Gosh i wish i could get Doug Bradley and Robert Englund to read my FVJVC script lol.

How was your experience with him?

Awwww, I loved him! He was brilliant. When I got to the autograph desk he was very nice and chatty, spent a little while admiring the blend I bought before then talking about other places in the country with me.

The photoshoot was brilliant too. I loved that he used the glove - most actors try to distance themselves from their characters and don't do anything like that. He even had that psychotic Freddy laugh going! When I got there he gave me a beaming smile and warned me that he's going to put his claws over my head, then when he did, the claws moved my hair into my face so the photographer came over and asked me to move my hair. Sweet as anything, Robert smiled at me, fixed my hair, made sure it was okay, then went back into position again.

I'm so happy that he was a nice guy because he's been my #1 person to meet for a very long time. Meeting Robert made the whole thing worth it, let alone Heroes guests too!

Edited by Psychosis

• Moderators

I was handing his tickets out yesterday - well, when I wasn't off having photo shoots lol - and it's always great to be close to a guest like Robert and see everyone coming away with a smile on their face :unsure:

He's always been an awesome guest to have, and even if he's been doing the shows for years now, there's always so many people that want to meet him.

I met him on the Saturday morning and thought he was wonderful. I was eager to see him because he has such a good reputation as a guest and he lived up to it 1000 per cent. He was really talkative and was happy to add a Freddy quote for me upon request. Very cool guy, I'm really happy to have had the chance to meet him. :)

He was wonderful to us:)

My friebd was completely terrorized by Freddy since he's a kid, and he even had the urge to run away when Robert was looking at him. But he went out of the con completely "cured" and in awe...

When he learned we are belgians, he explained us all the places he likes in Brussels.. and it's good to know we'll most probably see him in Ghent in october:)

Awesome guest, funny, interessant and accessible... They should all be like that :)

Edited by Cookie

I'm sad to say that my experience with him wasn't quite so great.

He was lovely in the photo shoot and it was great fun too. I loved the whole glove/manic laugh thing, it was a nice touch.

It went a bit downhill though when I went to get that picture signed. I wandered up to the desk where he was having a really in depth conversation with someone so I kinda hung back for a bit til they had finished. While he was chatting he was also busily signing a huge stack of photos with just his auto on them. I passed my photo and name slip over to his assistant and he basically stopped his signing long enough to say 'oh the photo turned out nice Janis' and then signed my auto and handed it back and carried on with the original stack of photo's. He didn't even look at me even though I was talking to him, he just totally blanked me. I appreciate it was the end of the day and he had a lot of photos to sign but it would have been nice of him to at least acknoledge that I had spoken to him especially considering how intently he'd been speaking to the person before me.

I must admit I came away disappointed as I'd heard so many good stories about him but It hasn't put me off. I'm sure I just caught him at a bad time. I'd like to meet him at a future event and hopefully catch him at a better time. It's fab that you all have better stories than I have, I'll take some hope from that. :lol: