LF&CC Feedback

gobo1979uk

Beautiful red haired girl on the showmasters crew :-)

there were a few red heads lol, can you be more specific....who were they with when you saw them, length of hair etc...

:blink: and I wonder why you wanna know who it was ^_^

Cuz she wishes she was me ^_^

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there were a few red heads lol, can you be more specific....who were they with when you saw them, length of hair etc...

:blink: and I wonder why you wanna know who it was ^_^

Cuz she wishes she was me :P

Don't we all ^_^

I dont agree with our no non personalisations for gold pass members,

it's unfair and many people would complain.

but to be fair you did pay a rediculous amount of money.

also the food.

i paid almost £15 for

a ceaser salad,

a packet of crisps

and 2 cans of lemonade.

All were Tasteless and a watse of money.

x

No need to be hostile, I was kidding. Although I did sit on the steps, lol. Too much foot pain to stay standing all day.

Well, yay for you! I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I can't lower myself to sit on the steps or the floor without having somebody there to help me get back up again. So I was on my damn heels all Saturday and in excruciating pain by the end of the day. The only reason I didn't get crushed, as short as I am, was because of the massive spiky broom I was carrying. ^_^

As for Sunday... didn't dress up because my hips and knees were still protesting from not having anywhere to sit all day Saturday, and I just couldn't take the heels again, but the crowd's a lot pushier when you're not in costume, I've noticed. I hate it.

Honestly... I don't have much good to say about this event this time around, unfortunately. Not all of it is due to SM, but neither is all of it down to the venue either. The only real positive note I can pick out (aside from Andee Frizzell being very sweet, which doesn't have much to do with either organisers or venue ;)) was the variety of stalls this time around. It would have been nice to be able to SEE them properly though.

Cons?

-- Really bad lighting, and I nearly went flying on the uneven floor a few times because I couldn't see where I was stepping.

-- My biggest complaint this time-- AGAIN no seating outside of the talk area that didn't require you to pay EC's exorbitant food/drink prices to use it. Catering for the disabled? Hardly.

-- Labyrinth. I got lost six or seven times just trying to find my way out of the hall, no map and it was just impossible. Especially in the dark.

-- All but one of the guests I wanted to meet cancelled, and I had to hunt around before I could find somebody who knew whether Torri was even there or not: no sign on the door like there was last year with Christopher Lee's late cancellation, despite the fact that SM certainly had enough notice to be able to do that. I had to find out from someone who'd checked the website at midnight!

Pros

For this years LFCC I cant really give any about the actual show.

The best guest: Mads Mikkelsen - he was so good with everyone! Posing for pictures with you etc! A genuinely nice guy!

Cons

Very disappointed.

Saturday was OK in terms of seeing the guests.

Sunday was terrible.

Even though I got the autographs I wanted on both days, the venue was bad, but that was probably due to the date change, however, that hall was not even a hall! It was amazingly bad! The lighting was a disgrace and how many stall holders were there . . . not many at all!!!

Showmasters usually put on very good events!!!

Every business should provide feedback forms and take note of the positives and the negatives. As far as I am aware, Showmasters do not provide this service, as of yet.

If Showmasters did provide this service, then I truly believe their events would improve, in that what happened at this years LFCC would not happen again.

Ad

PS Regarding that guy who said Gold Pass holders should be able to ignore the 'No Photo's' rule - GET REAL!

Yeah, its a silly rule, but it is a rule. You can not break it . . . even though I know people got sly photos ^_^

• Moderators

Cons

Very disappointed.

Saturday was OK in terms of seeing the guests.

Sunday was terrible.

Even though I got the autographs I wanted on both days, the venue was bad, but that was probably due to the date change, however, that hall was not even a hall! It was amazingly bad! The lighting was a disgrace and how many stall holders were there . . . not many at all!!!

Showmasters usually put on very good events!!!

Every business should provide feedback forms and take note of the positives and the negatives. As far as I am aware, Showmasters do not provide this service, as of yet.

If Showmasters did provide this service, then I truly believe their events would improve, in that what happened at this years LFCC would not happen again.

Ad

Well I can say right now that they were as disappointed with the lighting as anyone attending the event was, so if they could've done something about it they would have.

And yes, the venue wasn't great, but unfortunately they had to work with what they could get - the date change forced the move, and the bottom level wasn't available due to something else being set up, so options were very limited indeed. The amount of dealers seemed fairly reasonable from what I saw, but I don't really know how many there were.

Of course there are various things that can be addressed for the future and changed/improved if possible, but I don't think the majority of what you've mentioned there should reflect on Showmasters themselves.

Im pretty sure you didnt actually read what I said mate.

I said that the venue was probably due to the date change, as there was a different convention taking place in the other, usual hall.

I did not say it was Showmasters fault that the lighting was bad . . .

And the amount of dealers was low, compared to normal, trust me, probably due to the date change.

I go to loads of events, so If you read what I said again you will notice that I stated the fact that Showmasters usually put on great events.

Yeah, this years LFCC was not that good, and a lot of the problems they faced were out of their control, but that is not to say they can not take note of peoples concerns.

Ad

And yes, the venue wasn't great, but unfortunately they had to work with what they could get - the date change forced the move, and the bottom level wasn't available due to something else being set up, so options were very limited indeed.

The real unfortunate irony is that the EC owners also have Olympia, which is only three-quarters of a mile up the road, and the Grand Hall at Olympia (which would have been an excellent venue, and from memory has very good lighting) was empty all weekend - but only because the trade show that was due there Sunday and Monday got cancelled about ten days previously.

-- Labyrinth. I got lost six or seven times just trying to find my way out of the hall, no map and it was just impossible. Especially in the dark.

There was a map given away in the con booklet and also a map on one of the walls, near the middle of the venue. Admittedly, the guest locations were not on there (it just sid where guests would be signing, not WHICH guests), but I don't suppose that Showmasters really decided until the weekend, where they were going to seat people (especially seeing as two of the biggest guests were only announced with a day or two's notice.)

And the amount of dealers was low, compared to normal, trust me, probably due to the date change.

I don't think the number of dealers was low. I would bet there were more stalls there, than at a Collectormania. I was aware of only two stalls that normally do collectormania which weren't present, but neither were down to the date change (I know, because I normally work on one of them!)

It might have been that there was more room than in Milton Keynes, so everything wasn't so stuffed together at Earls Court.

We managed to get into the Lost talk but as we were near the back could hardly hear a word - William Mapother did his best to repeat the questions so everyone could hear but the acoustics were dreadful.

Part of the problem with hearing the questions were that people were not talking into the mics. I tried having a crew member at the mic to "nudge" people about it when I could but.... Also there was a lot of background noise that made it difficult at times to hear. Most guests like william did help by repeating the questions.

We are looking into ways of solving this problem in the future

Sparks

I

6) Those giving talks should be on a mini stage or some sort of raised platform so that ALL can see them no matter where they are sat (I'm sure there was a platform for last year's Lost talk!)

There was a stage

Thank you Showmasters for a wonderful event.

Only visited on the Sunday and dispite the madness of the crowds I have to say it was a triumph.

Thanks to all the crew for their efforts and the friendly helpful chap who seemed to be the organiser

(sorry I didn't catch you name!).

It was a rare opportunity to meet some high profile stars and cult figures,

I look forward to MK & GMEX

in the meantime keep up the good work Showmasters you are very well appreciated.

:dance::P:dance::borg::dance::thumbup:

• Moderators

Perhaps a layout of where the guests would be could be put in the programs? I spent 40 minutes trying to find Danny Dyer. I think it was in the programs last year

With guests cancelling, and everyone moving things around etc even the night before/morning of the event, that was actually impossible. It would've caused even more confusion by sending people to the wrong area etc. It's the sort of thing that's only useful if it's exactly right, and it probably would'nt have been.

PROS

Some really good dealer.

CONS

Guests

I really disappointed and very annoyed with Torri Higginson for pulling out on her fans again.

This is the third time now.

I am really getting sick of forking out for travel and hotel for nothing.

She could have caught another flight.

I sure there are others who are really disappointed too.

I feel really sorry for Showmasters, they have put time and money into getting Torri over here.

I really hope she comes to this years Collectormania Manchester.

There was a map given away in the con booklet and also a map on one of the walls, near the middle of the venue. Admittedly, the guest locations were not on there (it just sid where guests would be signing, not WHICH guests), but I don't suppose that Showmasters really decided until the weekend, where they were going to seat people (especially seeing as two of the biggest guests were only announced with a day or two's notice.)

I had that map, but it was almost useless; barely any indication of marks to navigate by and I couldn't see where I was going.

Fair enough really. I wouldn't want most of the sweaty people in earls court touching me. Probably better to do this than put a sign up saying 'no touching'.

Milo shoved my wrist as he presumed he believed I was going to touch him (I wasn't).

He did that to about 90% of the people that came in for photos regardless of whether they were gonna touch him or not. Some people quickly snuck an arm around him and he swiftly moved away from them and moved their arm down. I guess he just doesn't like being touched. There's not a great deal anyone can do about that.

This is the first Comicon that I've been to where I DIDN'T manage to get any autographs. The fact that Patrick Stewart was only there for 3 hours didn't help matters.

MY friend got a ticket for Hayden, but was somewhat confused since the queue for the Patrick Stewart VT's was extremely long and I managed to get a ticket in the 600's, and the Hayden queue was small and he had ticket 930! :D At least he did get her autoraph in the end, even if it was just before closing time.

The layout of the area was quite confusing and even with the roughly drawn plans pinned to the wall most of us got turned around more often than not. I ended up using items such as the A-Team van and King Kong as reference points!

And for those saying that us cash payers should pre-book, maybe we would if any of the people in our group of 7 actually owned a credit/debit card with which to make such a purchase! Instead we have to just get there as early as physically possible and just hope for the best. Why should some people get preferential treatment just because they own a credit card? :chair:

I agree that the signs stating the ticket numbers should be larger and ABOVE the crowd so that everyone can see, and they need to be updated by someone whose writing isn't illegible! It's annoying when you can't tell the difference between 300 and 500. :angry:

We're still going to go these events in both London and MK, I just hope that it's better organised next time. Even last years event seemed to run a lot smoother than this mess!

Fair enough really. I wouldn't want most of the sweaty people in earls court touching me. Probably better to do this than put a sign up saying 'no touching'.

Milo shoved my wrist as he presumed he believed I was going to touch him (I wasn't).

He did that to about 90% of the people that came in for photos regardless of whether they were gonna touch him or not. Some people quickly snuck an arm around him and he swiftly moved away from them and moved their arm down. I guess he just doesn't like being touched. There's not a great deal anyone can do about that.

Thing is Milo is well known for not doing these things as he is an EXTREMELY shy person.

Being a shy perosn myself it is extremely un-nerving to be touched by some one you dont know,and I dont think he was porepaired for the sheer amount of odd balls there are out there :D

Edited by Neurie

Thing is Milo is well known for not doing these things as he is an EXTREMELY shy person.

Being a shy perosn myself it is extremely un-nerving to be touched by some one you dont know,and I dont think he was porepaired for the sheer amount of odd balls there are out there :D

Oops I ended up with my arms round both of them twice as I had to jump back in, and I didn't get any reaction at all, maybe his face will say it all when I get my pic.

LOl. Yeah I can. Long hair, handing out VT tickets near the Andee/Dom queues on Saturday.

It was scary.... I was crushed, squashed and squished. One of the crew in my area was kicked in the ankle when asking someone to move along...... but we did the best we could.

I don't think anyone at all expected it to be quite as busy as it was, and even though we can usually get it right and as streamlined as we can, the sheer crowds and volume of bodies made it difficult this time around.

i can't remember her name but one girl was actually picked up and carried by the crowd since there were so many.

I actually expected the show on the sunday to be as busy as it was, i was chatting to pooks on the way back and apparently it had been compaired to C4 when you had the hobbits over...i've never worked in that situation before and even though i survived i'm suffering major RSI today lol.