photo with milo-adrian (where are they)

indy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was chatting with William Mapother, he said because he was doing a photoshoot, he wasn't allowed to do over the desk photos, this was when he had open que,

just putting that out there,

JA

I wondered why it was fine to take a picture of him posed on his own but not with you. So much for someone before the event saying that wasn't the case.

I guess I was lucky then because I got a photo with William and me on Sunday. :wub:

I wasn't very happy with the experience of the Milo and Adrian shoot either, I just hope it looks ok!

My 2 cents :wub: I only just arrived back in my county from the UK after a 7 hour trainride so if I make any typos or weird sentences, blame it on my tiredness please :P

Me and my friend queued for nearly an hour and a half. I agree they should have put a stop on the ticket sales (although I'm glad they didnt cause else I wouldnt have had it! :chair:) All the while I was standing there my feet started to hurt and my legs get tired - but all that time, Adrian and Milo were standing there too! Their feet must've hurt, too.

When I got closer to the booth, I noticed that the people in front of me didnt even say anything to them, which I thought was odd, but then Adrian and Milo didnt say anything back to them, but why should they if the people coming up to them don't say hi either? So I walked up, and I was cheerful cause yay pretty boys, and I said hi and smiled and they smiled back even though they looked tired. They put their arms around me (I can still feel Adrian's hand on my waist :swoon: :P) and took the picture and I thanked them and they said you're welcome and I left. It was brief, but I got what I expected and they were lovely and nice (and warm!) and I was practically floating :chair:

But! Then my friend went! And they ran out of film :o so my friend stood there, with them, as they changed the film! She was practically dying XD But they said that they were only supposed to do this for 30 mins to the photographer, and they were all yeah but there's so many people, so Adrian and Milo said well then let's finish it. So even though they were tired, and their feet probably hurt, and this wasnt what they had originally agreed to, they still did it. They could've said 'yeah, screw this, I didnt agree to this' and stopped, but they didn't. Maybe people were rushed, but they finished it and I, for one, think that that's nice of them. Maybe that's just me, but eh.

I was disappointed at the lack of photo though :( I hope it will all turn out okay, I really want my photo :( I'm not from the UK and now I have these doom scenarios in my head of my photo getting lost in the mail someplace :wub: Will you send it like you did the tickets, that you have to sign for it when you accept it? Cause that would calm my nerves some...

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it!!!!! :P

I'm just going to stare at my Milo one from Friday until I get it. What if I look vile in it?! I CAN'T HANDLE THE PRESSURE!! :wub:

They will look gorgeous and I'll look like a goblin :wub:

Lol. I'm sure you will look fine! But I'm also worried about how rubbish I will look in the presence of such beauties :chair:

I could stand the waiting for my photo if I knew it wasn't horrific but I might be even more disappointed than I was yesterday if it's not so good. I should have just ducked and got a photo of the two by themselves :chair:

I was very annoyed about not getting the photos after such a long day yesterday, and annoyed about the organisation etc. but I got a very high numbered ticket for the photoshoot and I am so glad I got the opportunity to do it because I didn't have time to get Adrian's auto, and didn't even get a hi off Milo when I got his, so I would have been even more gutted if I hadn't done the photoshoot. So yes. Not gonna bother complaining. :-)

edit: well i did complain but there's so much more i would have complained about, but stepping back, I have lots to be grateful for lol. and after reading some more comments that was so great of milo and adrian to stay to the end of the photoshoot.

Edited by OBsessed

Hi, my first post on the forum... :D

I do think that there were too many tickets sold. I did go expecting it to be manic (anyone who has been to these sorts of things knows a massive show like Heroes is going to be like that), so if I had not got a ticket I would have cried a little inside... and then got on with life. I do however feel sorry for those who were not as lucky as me, especially those that travelled a long way to get there.

However, I did speak to a few people in the queue who had bought tickets for the shoot because they had a massive number for the VQ tickets. So it seemed to me that some people will hopefully get a photo at least when they wouldn't have got anything otherwise.

I am sure the organisers will do their best to get the photo to us in reasonable time. I think my experience was similar to most - a quick hi from Milo and never saw/spoke to Adrian. But when I saw them in the autograph queue they were all friendly enough in the ten seconds I got with them so I have no complaints on any of the guests.

I have come across the photographer lots of times and yes he was bossy yesterday but I have never had problems with him in the past and I am sure it was just him trying to be professional and get us all through. To be fair he was working bloody hard as well as everyone else. The photographer made me stop a mo to check my photo was ok, but I do worry that my photo might look crap. Hopefully not. Lets face it - next to those guys I'm gonna look like this guy anyway :wub:

I also thought that my Hayden photo would be crap which was just as rushed and when I got it all was indeed well with the world (apart from the fact it looks like I've got a "dirty old man" look on my face which is probably down to me not the camera :chair: ) so please try not to worry.

In the end, if we all get our photos ok, in ten years time when you look back at the photo will you remember that it was hot, crowded, dark and extremely rushed, or will you put on your rose tinted glasses and go a) god, weren't they hot/handsome (depending on your sex) and wasn't I lucky to get a photo with them.

When I look at a holiday photo from long ago, I don't remember much about the holiday but the photo still looks great...

Sir Jim

It's a bit of a no win situation, they sell less photoshoot tickets then more people are unhappy they don't get a photo, if they sell a lot you get less time and understandably Adrian and Milo are going to be more worn out.

Having been to loads of these events over the years, personally I think they got through a phenomenal amount of photo shoots for Hayden , Adrian and Milo, so well done to the photographer and the crew I would say for getting so many people through.

Yes, it would have been great to get the photo by the end of the day, but with the sheer amount of people and pictures to develop that was never going to happen, if they did the shoot earlier, then they wouldn't have had much time to sell the tickets and anyone arriving later wouldn't have even had a chance.

In a limited time and with a high demand, I think they did just about the best they could do.

From what I saw, Adrian let people put their arms around him but as I got closer, I noticed this guy put his arm around Milo and Milo politely declined and put the guy's arm down. After that, he whispered something to Adrian and from then on, people had their arms down their sides with Milo using one hand to hold down each person's arm. I thought that was a bit strange.

When it was my turn, I greeted Milo and nodded. I didn't get chance to look at Adrian but I think Adrian greeted me as well, it was all a bit of a blur. Milo asked how I was doing, held my right arm, the photo was taken and I was bundled off.

That was a bit odd actually. I've got an album of over 30 photos with actors and all of them have put their arms around you without being asked.

Either way, I got another photo to add to my collection, so that's okay.

Edited by Psychosis

I'm too shy to actually have put my arms around them anyway. Someone a few people in front did get her arms around them and a photo like that but then we were told to keep our arms by our sides. I did wonder why Milo touched my arm but it now seems it was to keep it away from him.

How far back in the queue were you? I wasn't told that and Adrian did put his arm around me, but Milo grabbed my arm. I'm wondering if I annoyed Adrian now, lol, although it soudns like he was going along with it to keep Milo happy.

Edited by Psychosis

I cant wait too see my picture too, tho I am probably going to look a right gormless prat, I jumped in between the guys and put my arm around them both, miloput his arm round me & gave a little sqeeze & Adrian said "he could stay in my arms forever" that totally threw me & I think I forgot to smile. hehe

I got my heros book signed by Jack & Milo, both lovely guys :-) unfort as I was crewing I sent Ben to get Haydens & Nat to get adrians.

Cant wait for Eclipse

Kelle xx

Edited by kelle77

I suppose I was kinda disappointed with my photo shoot experience compared to others.....I hardly remember it happening to be honest!

I dont remember Adrian being there at all haha! I said hi and bye/thanks to Milo but there wasnt time for much else. I had to keep my arms by my sides but I didnt really have time to put my arms round them. They put their arms round me tho and kinda squished me a little lol. I'm not complaining bout that!

To be honest tho, it's understandable if they have to get through so many ppl. Reading all of this thread you're never going to find a situation where everyone is happy.

I'm just sooo grateful to SM for managing to get Milo and Adrian at such short notice and total kudos to all the Heroes for being such troopers when they must have been so tired.

xxxx

I'm too shy to actually have put my arms around them anyway. Someone a few people in front did get her arms around them and a photo like that but then we were told to keep our arms by our sides. I did wonder why Milo touched my arm but it now seems it was to keep it away from him.

Haha, yes, now you know. I did hear that people further ahead had no problems putting their arms around them. When Milo whispered to Adrian, I just assumed he told him to stop letting people put their arms around him which in turn would've had people putting their other arm around Milo.

My 2 cents :P I only just arrived back in my county from the UK after a 7 hour trainride so if I make any typos or weird sentences, blame it on my tiredness please :P

Me and my friend queued for nearly an hour and a half. I agree they should have put a stop on the ticket sales (although I'm glad they didnt cause else I wouldnt have had it! ^_^) All the while I was standing there my feet started to hurt and my legs get tired - but all that time, Adrian and Milo were standing there too! Their feet must've hurt, too.

When I got closer to the booth, I noticed that the people in front of me didnt even say anything to them, which I thought was odd, but then Adrian and Milo didnt say anything back to them, but why should they if the people coming up to them don't say hi either? So I walked up, and I was cheerful cause yay pretty boys, and I said hi and smiled and they smiled back even though they looked tired. They put their arms around me (I can still feel Adrian's hand on my waist :swoon: :D) and took the picture and I thanked them and they said you're welcome and I left. It was brief, but I got what I expected and they were lovely and nice (and warm!) and I was practically floating :wub:

But! Then my friend went! And they ran out of film :o so my friend stood there, with them, as they changed the film! She was practically dying XD But they said that they were only supposed to do this for 30 mins to the photographer, and they were all yeah but there's so many people, so Adrian and Milo said well then let's finish it. So even though they were tired, and their feet probably hurt, and this wasnt what they had originally agreed to, they still did it. They could've said 'yeah, screw this, I didnt agree to this' and stopped, but they didn't. Maybe people were rushed, but they finished it and I, for one, think that that's nice of them. Maybe that's just me, but eh.

I was disappointed at the lack of photo though :( I hope it will all turn out okay, I really want my photo :( I'm not from the UK and now I have these doom scenarios in my head of my photo getting lost in the mail someplace :thumbup: Will you send it like you did the tickets, that you have to sign for it when you accept it? Cause that would calm my nerves some...

Hi all, this is my first post here :)

I was with Lin, and we both thought Milo and Adrian were really nice, and beautiful!!! .. and warm :wub:

What happened with me was, when my turn came to step forward and do the photo, the security guy stopped me and Milo, Adrian and some other guy had a quick conversation right in front of me ( and I was looking straight into Milo's face! ) I believe the guy asked them if it was alright to finish the session, because although it was running too late there were still so many people waiting, and they both laughed and said it was OK.

When I could come up, Milo and Adrian were just having fun by standing intimately close to each other and pretending to pose for a photo together (now that already made my day). I walked up to them, said how nice it was to meet them, Milo asked how I was doing and Adrian put his arm around my waist.

Then the photographer had to change the film or whatever (it's all become a blur at this point) and Milo joked I could stand between them even longer now, and Adrian still had his arm around me, and eventually I turned to Milo and said 'thank you so much for being here' and Milo smiled and said something like 'of course!', and then the photographer came back.

That was all, basically, and it all still happened quite fast, but they were both really sweet.

I remember you! I was right behind you.

Oh really?? :( So did you see them having that conversation too? I was in a nervous but wonderful haze throughout the entire thing, but I did realise I was getting more time than most people, at least. Did you see them joking around as well?

From what I saw, Adrian let people put their arms around him but as I got closer, I noticed this guy put his arm around Milo and Milo politely declined and put the guy's arm down. After that, he whispered something to Adrian and from then on, people had their arms down their sides with Milo using one hand to hold down each person's arm. I thought that was a bit strange.

Unfortunatley when I entered for my brief 2 second photo op, I was barked at to keep my hands by my side, click, then herded out.

Oh really?? :( So did you see them having that conversation too? I was in a nervous but wonderful haze throughout the entire thing, but I did realise I was getting more time than most people, at least. Did you see them joking around as well?

Yeah, I did. I saw them being playful and jumping together while the photographer was doing something, then waited for you to go in in front of me. Were you told to keep your hands by your side? I'm feeling really paranoid that I annoyed Adrian now. I had an arm around him (but I'm sure he put his around me), just not Milo.

Yeah, I did. I saw them being playful and jumping together while the photographer was doing something, then waited for you to go in in front of me. Were you told to keep your hands by your side? I'm feeling really paranoid that I annoyed Adrian now. I had an arm around him (but I'm sure he put his around me), just not Milo.

I wasn't told to keep my hands by my side. I did keep them by my side, but that was mostly because I didn't have the nerve to actually put my arms around them, and it would have been awkward for me anyway, I think. But I don't see how you could offend Adrian by touching him. It probably wasn't his own request not to be touched, more likely the photographer's. :)

All the photoshoot's were really poorly handled, the whole event was just one big money spin I'll be surprised if Adrian Milo or Hayden ever come back to the UK They looked fed up and annoyed most of the day. I was the last person to have a photo taken with them and as soon as it was done they were pretty much celebrating that it was over. I wasn't told not to put my arm around them or anything, just pushed in and thanked on the way out. I guess i should take solace in the fact that they in some way acknowledged me. one girl was saying how they went in and they were talking to each other when the photo was taken and not looking at the camera.

and as for a professional photographer! he should know better than to expect someone to be ok with over 500 straight shots. Adrian was wearing glasses on the Thursday when we met him at the ITV studio. this must have been a nightmare for him. I'm pretty certain he had his glasses on when ii had my pic. the photographer should have used a constant focussed light instead of a flash and it would have been really great if Showmasters could have provided a backdrop slightly more related to the guest not just plain blue.

It would have got less people through but they should have limited the amount of people who can have photographs, for the guests sake.

I wasn't told to keep my hands by my side. I did keep them by my side, but that was mostly because I didn't have the nerve to actually put my arms around them, and it would have been awkward for me anyway, I think. But I don't see how you could offend Adrian by touching him. It probably wasn't his own request not to be touched, more likely the photographer's. :)

Just wanna repeat that I was working in the photoshoots area on Sunday and it was Milo who began the no touching rule actually. Adrian, the bodyguards and Malcolm the photographer just went along with it.

Edited by Kell

the photographer should have used a constant focussed light instead of a flash

I agree with you, but the area used for the photo ops was incredibly small. Amazing really when you saw the size of the hall.

On camera flash, is direct and very harsh, and it showed in all the photos. If studio lights had been used (as they were for the Elijah photo shoot last year) then the end result would have been much softer, and resulted in better photographs.

But because the area allocated was so small, there was not really enough room to set up studio lights.

• Moderators

the whole event was just one big money spin

I know people have complaints, but I never understand this one. What do people actually think the Showmasters organisation/business is actually for? Charitable events for fans or something?