Dominic Monaghan

Princess83

Dominic Monaghan was my must see guest and he didn't disappoint me! Although his line moved quite swiftly, I was able to talk with him a bit about LOST. He seemed relaxed and was chatty, and gave out hugs to anyone that asked (I couldn't resist!). It was really nice meeting him, I felt very at ease.

He and William were awesome at their talk, too.

What did everyone else think?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought meeting Dom was a fantastic experience. He was really friendly although he was busy he talked to me about Lost and said it was really nice to meet me. In the photo shoot he shook my hand and I spoke to him again briefly.

I met William as well and he was so brilliant, he was really chatty and seemed really interested in talking to me. He also posed for a photo with me.

Edited by Agent Bristow

Seeing him yesturday, understandably he was quiet from going through so many guests, his enthusiasm seemed to dwindle though as if he was tired - but it didn't really matter , i met him , got to talk to him , done - i had a much better time with mads who was my priority.

I think those who seen him today got a better time with him most dom since hm and william were overshadowed today by picard and the heroes

I hate to say it, dom was my least fave... but I did see him quite late (i had tix 136 and 137 but saw heroes first, and then he went on the long break). I was in a v slow moving queue, and when i got to him, i thought he was talking to the fans, but he was talking to hayden, his head turned away from me, and i was pushed away before i could say anything. That kinda sucked because I know he has a good rep.

I met Dominic later on in the day, and he had stopped doing personalisations which was a little dissapointing, surely it doesn't take much longer to write a name? But he did talk very briefly to me whilst signing so was still good. Hopefully will see him again somewhen in future so I can go to the photo shoot thattime instead. :D

At the signing, he just asked me where I wanted him to sign, this was because we were all being rushed through near the end of Saturday's signing session. But Dominic (just like Patrick Stewart) took a little extra time to say hello to my daughter :P

I think he found my wearing an AC Milan shirt amusing :D during the photoshoot :D

At the signing, he just asked me where I wanted him to sign, this was because we were all being rushed through near the end of Saturday's signing session. But Dominic (just like Patrick Stewart) took a little extra time to say hello to my daughter :P

I think he found my wearing an AC Milan shirt amusing :D during the photoshoot :D

Careful, you'll start a trend with people bringing their daughters to conventions for extra talk time :lol:

I hate to say it, dom was my least fave... but I did see him quite late (i had tix 136 and 137 but saw heroes first, and then he went on the long break). I was in a v slow moving queue, and when i got to him, i thought he was talking to the fans, but he was talking to hayden, his head turned away from me, and i was pushed away before i could say anything. That kinda sucked because I know he has a good rep.

He was talking to Hayden when I went up, did not really say much to me, was not as impressed as I was when I met Billy, Sean and Elijah.

At the signing, he just asked me where I wanted him to sign, this was because we were all being rushed through near the end of Saturday's signing session. But Dominic (just like Patrick Stewart) took a little extra time to say hello to my daughter :D

I think he found my wearing an AC Milan shirt amusing :P during the photoshoot :D

Careful, you'll start a trend with people bringing their daughters to conventions for extra talk time :P

extra talk time - not for the parents unfortunately, however it makes me happy that the guests do take the time to wave, smile & say hello and not ignore them :D

Dom was the most disappointing guest for me. All the other guests (including Heroes, and Patrick Stewart) at the very least looked at me, and said hello, the standard how are you and then good bye etc.

Dom however was talking to his agent, or someone else behind him the whole time on Saturday when I got his sig, and didn't attempt to make any eye contact at all.

The only time he spoke was to say Thanks just as he handed me back the photo (which I suppose is better than nothing), and then to ask me if I had a sticker, which to be honest I wasn't exactly in the mood to get having just been virtually ignored.

I'll be honest though, on the positive side, I watched the Lost talk today, and he was a nice and pleasant guy in that, and even though he was my worst experience on a personal level, I thought his talk with the audience was one of the better ones this con.

It would just be nice for Dom to at least try and and acknowledge everyone who gets his autograph, and not get distracted by his agent, or Hayden as someone said above, when you meet him on a personal level. Even if it is hard NOT to be distracted when you're sat next to the Cheerleader herself! :P

I wasnt very happy either, alot of us got to meet him but I was very dissapointed that there were NO PHOTOS at all!!!! Especially as I spent £80 to get my stuff signed eg my Lost book and Lotr book, which I wanted to get a picture of him signing for proof!! But no!! this really upset me actually - as he was the guest I came to lfacc for!! I know that today he had an open queue at the end of the day - were photos alowed for that or was it still the same??

I am surprised at all the Dom negativitey as when I met him he seemed nice and joked about how he had to stand on tip toes for my photo with him. But I was one of the first in line on the Saturday for the photoshoot so maybe he just got tired later or something, I dunno.

Edited by Lambourne

Im with Sazzra. He looked bored! and this was at 2pm on saturday after having his photoshoot and 1h lunch so you would think he would be more happy.

He He also kept saying 'awsome' in a dodgy american accent for no reason while signing... He was clapping sarcasticly along with the talk people...making sure everyone took a sticker (dunno why as it means nothing really!)

Not impressed...prefered Sean and Billy. bring them back!

I thought Dom was absolutely lovely - a lot friendlier than I expected!

I saw him first for the photo shoot and unlike other hobbits I've met, he was standing and very interactive!

Unfortunately, I saw him for an autograph towards the end of the day and he'd stopped doing personalisations.... BUT I asked him if he wouldn't mind doing one for me as my name isn't exactly the longest in the world and he did!!

He told me as I was about to walk away: those who don't ask don't get

And it is SO true. Normally I'm too shy to ask but this one paid off (I didn't ask Adrian from Heroes to personalise it)

He's still definitely my favourite hobbit =oD

My encounter with Dom was extremely pleasant, saw him at approximately 10.30 on Saturday, was nice because he addressed me by my name after reading the slip of paper with my name on for personalising. Shook my hand and thanked me for coming. Was very pleasant at the photo shoot too, asked how I was. Very happy meeting him!

He was a little off-hand with me too. I went up with a friend who was in costume and even though I was the one getting the auto he totally ignored me and spoke to her instead. He even asked if he could take her photo (strangely I was asked to get in the photo too though...confused!!! lol) I also wasn't impressed by the quality of his signature etc The only word I can pick out is my name, the rest....I've no idea lo

Edited by Magenta_Jan

He was a little off-hand with me too. I went up with a friend who was in costume and even though I was the one getting the auto he totally ignored me and spoke to her instead. He even asked if he could take her photo (strangely I was asked to get in the photo too though...confused!!! lol) I also wasn't impressed by the quality of his signature etc The only word I can pick out is my name, the rest....I've no idea lo

lol! thats the same as me! apart from my name, can anyone translate it?

domauto.jpg

he put

Elaine,

Be Good

SCRIBBLE!

on mine :chair:

:unsure:

Ellie...would you mind re-sizing you pic a bit, its really messing up my screen

Edited by C.Parkers-Girl