Pre Pay or not to Pre Pay

zephyrbrett

Ticket options  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should showmasters have a early bird pre paid ticket that lets people in 15 mins before people paying on the day?

• Yes
    • No

:D I just wondered if any one thought there is any benifit to pre ordering your early bird ticket on line when you can queue up on the day in another queue and get in just as early.

As a long standing show masters fan who goes to every show I would like a little extra as a regular like being let in 15 mins earlier if I pre booked my ticket online in advance.

Hi

I support this idea 100% but would take it even further.

I'd let the pre-paid early bird tickets in half an hour before the paying queues and I'd have different prices between early bird tickets for kids and adults.

I'd also sell Virtual tickets online prior to the events (say restricted to 350 tickets). This would create less chaos than what was witnessed this morning. It really was a slugfest around the heroes VT ticket area. This would also bring in loads more revenue for showmasters - I'd gladly pay £3-£5 in advance to hold a VT number.

Steve

Honestly, I'm going to get a gold pass if next years line-up is as good as this years. I wouldn't bother getting one at Collectormania because I live in Milton Keynes anyway so it's no problem to wait.

I got my Hayden ticket at 10.10AM and it was already number 700 and something.

I voted yes, in my opinion, if you buy an Early Bird ticket, you should get in BEFORE the others paying on the day. You buy your early bird tickets, so you don't have to waste time getting the correct money ready & waiting to be given change which take time! For Early Bird tickets you just hand over your ticket & your in.

I should be:

1. Gold Pass.

2. Early Bird.

3. Pay on the day.

Honestly, I'm going to get a gold pass if next years line-up is as good as this years. I wouldn't bother getting one at Collectormania because I live in Milton Keynes anyway so it's no problem to wait.

I would get a gold pass if it included a number of autographs I just think its far too much just to be a queue jumper.

I would get a gold pass if it included a number of autographs I just think its far too much just to be a queue jumper.

Yeah I agree. Maybe a free autograph from each guest on a personal item (such as a poster you bought) or discounted autographs. My only real concern about the goldpass is it's useless if the guests you want to meet cancel.

Edited by Manbeast

i bought a ticket on the day

got there early, left Brum at 5.15am was at EC at 7.15am, was around 10th in line, so when the doors opened i beat a lot of people who had pre-booked early bird tickets into the event, got low 100 VQ tickets for all the Heroes guests a had a pretty stress free remaining morning.

thou i do need to get a little fitter for the quick-dash for the VQ tickets next time :D

no advantage in pre-booking, just need to get there early which worked out ok for me this time

Totally agree 100%, though you do get some free autos in a goodie bad (not sure how many) but not getting any free for the people at the event doesn't make me thing £175 (or what ever it was) is worth it for me, though others will disagree. I mean Heroes convention is £195 for a gold at least there you get a hell of a lot more for your money, and I think that’s at least worth it.

I definitely agree there should be a perk to buying early bird tickets in advance; otherwise what’s the point if you can buy them on the day and your only going to be 5mins behind people who bought tickets via the web before the event.

:D

LLAP :P

It does seem weird that you pay in advance (and pay extra to get it posted), yet unless you're there at stupid o'clock you still won't get in before people who turn up with no ticket and buy it at the door. I was there at 8am, got in at 9 but certainly didn't beat some people who had paid on the day.